Search Unity

Bug Navisworks exports has just one big document and no sub items.

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by ChangSoft, Mar 22, 2021.

1. ChangSoft

ChangSoft

Hello,

I tried to export a few files from navisworks to reflect.
    I found that the project is just one big mass and it has no object hierarchy or sub items in it.
    So the filter is of no use and it has only one item.
    Is this a bug or limited functionality of the exporter?

2. mika_leonard

mika_leonard

Unity Technologies

Hi ChangSoft,

How did you export the files? If you used the Selection export from Navisworks, indeed it will appear as a single mesh in the viewer, that's a known issue (it will appear fine if you import it in the Unity editor though). However, if you used the Document export from Navisworks it should appear correctly divided, both in the viewer and in the Unity Editor, see image attached.

The model selection behavior in the viewer also depends on how the object was initially created in the design tool, before it was imported into Navisworks: if it was modelled as a group or mesh it will be displayed that way in the Reflect Viewer.

M.L.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  3. immersia_dataviz

immersia_dataviz

I'm having the same issue with Navisworks. My model has 1000+ meshes and a TimeLiner. Neither the hierarchy or the TimeLiner is shown in the Reflect Review. I exported it as a document.

hcyoon and KDMarineDesign like this.
  4. chunchien

chunchien

Is there any solution to this? One of my clients is having the same issue. He uses Naviswork 2020 and exports it as a document.