Search Unity

Nav Mesh Agent destination is not being set immediately

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by tanmaykulkarni, Sep 12, 2021.

1. tanmaykulkarni

tanmaykulkarni

Hey dudes, I am trying to navigate an agent to a point using NavMesh. Here, when I call
    agent.SetDestination(target.position);

It set's its destination after a couple of random seconds. And sometimes this line also doesn't work. This delay is something very strange and I don't know why it's happening. Is this a bug or what? Does anyone know any solution? Pls, let me know!

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Is that because it is still computing the path to get there? How are you actually timing this? Obviously agents also have a speed-up and slow-down transition as well...

3. tanmaykulkarni

tanmaykulkarni

But when I call SetDestination() on another agent, it instantaneously sets its destination and starts moving towards it. Only this agent takes a weird delay!

4. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Check its direction: I know if an agent is facing the wrong way and is constrained, it won't start moving backwards. It will spin around fully before it starts moving.

Alternately, as an example to the other agents, have you considered deleting this agent and telling the others that you'll do that to them if they try anything funny? Development by fear.

5. tanmaykulkarni

tanmaykulkarni

No, the destination is in front only!

6. tanmaykulkarni

tanmaykulkarni

Does anybody know any solution?

7. tanmaykulkarni

tanmaykulkarni

Anyone from Unity Technologies?