Search Unity

NAV MEHS WONT BACK/ LIGHT PROBES WOTN BACKE!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gatisp09, Nov 24, 2022.

1. gatisp09

gatisp09

Hi so. not sure what's going on recently but having S*** ton of problems out of thin air.
    The first problem is Light Probes and ligtmapbackign with GPU !

So what happened is that I have a pretty big scene with a lot of spot lights etc that are set to backed.
    i decided to use light probes to give light to unstatic objects. But guess what i cannot back them.

Why ? how do I know why I set up my scene put in my settings click back it starts to bake and after 3 seconds switch to CPU instead of GPU .. which would take me around 1 year to bake this using CPU !

So I click to switch to GPU it switches back to CPU, what the wtf? no errors nothing..

Disable light probes everything bakes as normal for one scene for another scene it did not even back at all .. but then I figured I see if I need to download a new driver or whatnot for GPU and what a coincidence there is a new driver. By the way, I'm using RTX 3080 TI and intel I9-12900k!

So after that, the lightmaps did bake on the scene where they did not back before. now Light probes left. still, nothing switches back to the CPU !

So what I had to do is to trick that dumb ass... I started to back lightmaps and when it started to show mrays/s i turned back on all light probes and it did back it then!! like how is that even happening? What's the problem here?

Anyways that was yesterday, and today however I have a different battle with unity. iw been baking lights and navmeshe for the past year for my project. now ... I cant even backe a nav mesh in my project.

I have my terrain to static, I click back, it starts to do it then stops. .. I click again, nothing, (i have every gizmo enabled i know what im doing) so then i decide to turn of my environment buildings, and bam nav mesh is there... what ?

i turn them back on nav mesh is gon,, at some point in this scene nav mesh even appeared on other scenes

uploaded to images. one is where u can see navmesh with buildings disabled and , nav mesh gon when buildigns are enabled.. also the AI works on the empty scene with no buildings once i activate buildings it stops... any ideas ?!

Attached Files:

2. gatisp09

gatisp09

here is a screenshot same navmesh appearing on completely separate scene which does not have any terrain doesn't have any buildings anything its a UI scene

Attached Files: