Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Natural Motion compatibility with Unity ?

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by my_identity, Oct 12, 2008.

1. my_identity

my_identity

I am new to both Unity and to Natural Motion. But Natural Motion looks cool, before I invest my time ( money!) does any know about them ?

I am sold on Unity, I was wondering, if Natural Motion can be used and the output some how imported into Unity to build games.

Natural motion :
    http://www.naturalmotion.com/

Please help.

-R

2. Quietus2

Quietus2

You'll pay through the nose for any naturalmotion products. Notice there is no price unless you email them first! With natural motion, you specify the behavior your want in a certain circumstance. Their team then builds it for you (it's not easy to do properly) and sends it back to you. Hence, mucho $$$.

I would suggest instead, trying to incorporate an academic version of the same technology. Dance is one that comes to mind. Having the source code is a good thing.

3. Scrat

Scrat

It depends on what product you want to use.

NaturalMotion has several different (yet related) products: Endorphin, Euphoria et Morpheme.

Euphoria is their "dynamic animation tool" used in GTA, Star Wars, ... and cost a lot of money to integrate (As Quietus said, their teams integrates that for you).

On the other hand Endorphin is their "offline" editor. You just setup the scene and the mesh will create the animations based on the scene. Don't quote me on that but I think this product should work with Unity (you just export the mesh with all the created animations in a Unity-compatible format like FBX or such).

I guess you could try a demo before buying.

4. twintower31

twintower31

Hi,

I tried Endorphin 18 months ago. It was very easy to create movements and reactions, and the result was perfect.
    And when I asked the price, the salesguy told me 70k€.
    And yes, I'd like to integrate NaturalMotion products with Unity for my products also.

5. etoiles

etoiles

[gasp] how does their licensing work, what do you get for 70K?

6. twintower31

twintower31

Sorry,
    I didn't remember well and it was a phonecall, but I suppose it was the endorphin product and for using the technology inside my app.

7. etoiles

etoiles

thanks! So there is probably a 'per title' license?
    (just curious, not that we could afford it anyway :) )

8. Dreamora

Dreamora

such technology is normally always per title. You will hardly find any professional grade technology that offers you anything else than per title, commonly per title + yearly maintenance fee if you want to get updates.

9. meena-shubham

meena-shubham

Try Pirated version from limetorrents.gold and then plan to buy this freaking software!!:mad: