Search Unity

Native Sqlite For Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by namoricoo, Apr 14, 2011.

1. namoricoo

namoricoo

$Screen shot 2011-05-12 at 5.32.52 PM.png $Screen shot 2011-05-11 at 9.48.25 PM.png
    This is very aggravating. It's not rocket science. I made all the changes according to the document. I get no errors. I'm able to see the preview just fine. Now, the file will not submit. I've tried submitting 5 different times. It keeps saying confirming... The file will not go anywhere or do anything. Unity just locks ups. I moved the file over from my mac to my PC and it will not submit there either.

2. keely

keely

I'm sure you already did this, but maybe start from the very beginning and build a new fresh project. Maybe even a new clean install of Unity?

3. namoricoo

namoricoo

When I switched over to my PC,I had to upgrade to the latest version of Unity 3.3. I've been starting over for the past 3 days. The most annoying thing is that The Asset Store stopped responding to e-mails. When I call nobody picks up. It has to be server side, not user side. I know because in the past when I clicked on "Account setting" button it worked just fine. Now Account settings does not show up even in an empty project, on my mac or my PC. My website should be up before next Monday. Unity is the only company I know who don't pick up the phone when you call.I've written every day and today is Friday still no response. They need to hire more people. I called paypal to setup a seller account for my website. They picked up in less than 10 minutes and gave me everything I need to be functional. Keely, I appreciate you taking the time to look at my folder structure. I've sent e-mail to higher up people in order to see why nobody is responding to e-mail and why account settings is not working.

4. namoricoo

namoricoo

I'm currently working with the copyright office in order my make sure my intellectual property is protected before I put it out there. I'm coding the website myself. Making good progress. I thought by agreeing to the 30% Unity Cut, they would at least show people a little respect.

5. namoricoo

namoricoo

Good news. I just got an e-mail from the Asset store and they are going to be working with me to see if we can get my product online. I appreciate everybody's patience. It's worth the wait. I'm working on several videos to show how to invoke Textures and audio using Texture ID and Audio ID, I'm also going to talk about the difference between UniSqlite and UniDDatabse. Once again, I want to thank everybody for being so patient.

6. namoricoo

namoricoo

$UniSqlite1_0.png

Asset store put me in touch with the person who wrote the submission tool. We are trying to get to the bottom of the problem. Since I know a thing or two about databases. Especially since an over Version of Sqlite made Unity freeze the same way the asset store tool is making my unity freeze. I can say with confidence that there is probable at least one un handled exception. And the submission tool also needs a connection timeout function to prevent it from getting stuck in an infinite loop. Since I don't have any Videos for UniDDatabase yet. I will Submit UniSqlite first. It's almost the same picture as the UniDDatabase, since they both will do about the same thing.

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  7. namoricoo

namoricoo

"Congratulations!

We’ve accepted your submission/update to the Unity Asset Store!

We’ll have it live on the store shortly. " People have already started purchasing the product. I want to take a few minute to thank everybody for all of their patients. I'm working on the documentation. I've also finalized UniDDatabase for non-Unity pro users. I'm also working on videos and documentation for that one too. Please post all of your questions here...

8. Ryuuguu

Ryuuguu

Could list what platforms UniSqlite works on assuming developer has Unity ro and appropriate or unity for the platform? Specifically which of these

PC stand alone
    PC browser
    Mac stand alone
    Mac browser
    IPhone
    iPad
    Android

Cheer Grant

9. namoricoo

namoricoo

Brother ryuuguu it does work on all of those platforms. However, you have to manually set it up yourself. Brother iByte talks about how he uses Sqlite with Xcode. He is able to set it up like a regular Sqlite file. I don't know if you have any experience working with Sqlite on iPhone.

10. DeepShader

DeepShader

Hey Namoricoo,
    I try to find a way to save a picture, which I take with the build-in-cam (via Unity 3.5), into a database on iOS and Android.

So is your UniDDatabe the right way for me? Can I use the captured webcam-picture and store it via your tool into a database for later In-App-Use?

Does UniSqlite and UniDDatabe do the same thing, but UniDDatabe is without any config needed? Are there any other difference between UniSqlite and UniDDatabe?

Is UniDDatabe already available? If yes, what's the price for it?
    If it's not available right now, how can I use UniSqlite for iOS/Android?

Thank you!

11. namoricoo

namoricoo

1) With UniSqlite you only get the editor and you need Unity Pro. You don't need to go to an external application to edit your database. For InGame the user has to write their own code to handle the database.

2)UniDatabase works with Indie and Pro, You get the backend and the front end. You get AES Encryption, You can check this Link for videos All UniDDatabase Videos

3)Asset Store Link UniDDatabase Asset Store Link

12. DeepShader

DeepShader

Why is UniDDatabase cheaper the UniSqlite? And why are there no codesamples how to use it?

I mean, how should I know which codelines I need to tell a database to store a taken picture!?

And does UniDatabase support this or only UniSqlite?

Remember, I need a way to store a lot of taken pictures (new webcam-feature in Unity 3.5) into a database for later use.

Thank you :)

13. namoricoo

namoricoo

UniDDatabase is less expensive because it's for Unity Pro and Unity Indie. People were not buying when the price was higher. UniSqlite does not come with Examples because Unity does not export data that's not in the Assets folder. If you have a tool like Sqlite Manager for Firefox, it does not come with any examples either. Navicat for Sqlite on the Mac App store is $138 and it does not come with examples.
    UniDDatabase does work with picture in game mode. This product also works with remote Assets. UniDDatabase comes with all of the exemples.

14. DeepShader

DeepShader

Thank you again for your fast answer :)

So does this mean UniDDatabase is 'better' then your UniSqlite and I should buy UDD or does I need both?

And if I understand you and your videos correct, I can take a picture via Unity3D webcam-texture and save this to my database with a single line of code?

Something like..

Code (csharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    4. public class WebcamTest : MonoBehaviour {
    5.     public string deviceName;
    6.     WebCamTexture wct;
    9.     // Use this for initialization
    10.     void Start () {
    11.         WebCamDevice[] devices = WebCamTexture.devices;
    12.         deviceName = devices[0].name;
    13.         wct = new WebCamTexture(deviceName, 400, 300, 12);
    14.         renderer.material.mainTexture = wct;
    15.         wct.Play();
    17.                 //THIS IS THE LINE FOR THE DB
    18.                 myDatabase.AddRecord(TableName, wct);
    20.     }
    22.     // Update is called once per frame
    23.     void Update () {
    25.     }
    26. }

15. namoricoo

namoricoo

DevBoyLars I should make a video on how to add new textures. In the current version of UniDDatabase it does not do it out of the box. In the current version of UniDDatabase the Textures are in one Database and I just move them to a different Database. That would be used in an Inventory situation. I guess I should work on an update to do what you are saying. If you have the textures on a remote server, The WWW class should do that just fine.

16. DeepShader

DeepShader

What does it mean 'as long as you have it in the resources folder'?

Maybe I didn't explain it right. So let me try it again:

My App should do this:

- The User can take a picture (look at my script above, need Unity 3.5)
    - This new pictures have to saved in a (table in a) database for later use

As you can see, there are no pictures inside the database, if the user starts this app for the first time, so how should I store any pics the resources folder!?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I've no access to the filestructure on a mobile device via Unity to save the pictures directly, so my goal is to put the pictures in a database.

So your database doesn't store the pictures itself, just the link to a file? This would be very useless I think. In this case I've to use SQLite with BLOBs.

Correct me, if I'm wrong :)

17. DeepShader

DeepShader

Yes, please do this, if you mean code-lines (for adding new textures at runtime!)

Or just write me the commands here. I just need the line, how to add a picture to your database at runtime. Couldn't use make a code example for adding a picture to database, with using my script above!?

18. namoricoo

namoricoo

UniSqlite does not have a visual option for importing BLOBs. Youcan do it in code if you know how to do it. Resources.Load.Link here is the way to load resources in play game mode. Or you the WWW class.

I don't have Unity 3.5 beta. No plans on Supporting BLOBs for performance reasons. UniDDatabase has been out for over 6 months and only generated $300. So I'm not planning any new update for it.

19. namoricoo

namoricoo

I'll add it to my to do List for a future UniDDatabase update. You do have access to the folder directory in game mode. I have UniDDatase in a custom folder. I've worked with capturing screenshots in the past. I always create a custom folder for it. Because sales are so low I can say for a fact how long it will take to release the update. I have to finish games I'm working on. Strick deadlines.

20. DeepShader

DeepShader

Does this mean it would be possible for me to save a taken picture with Unity and your UniDDatabase or does Unity itself saves the file and I 'only' set a link to this file in the database? And my App will look (for the right filename) in this database for reload this picture or is the picture itself in the database as binary?

21. namoricoo

namoricoo

Anybody with a deep knowledge of database will say you should avoid putting large files in a database because that will slow it down. Apple Uses Sqlite extensively in the Mac and a lot of their products. You just need to know where the item is. You don't need the actual item itself.

The way it is at the moment, I set everything in the editor when I compite the app I already know where everything is. If you need to work with remote file you'll probably want to use the www class.

22. DeepShader

DeepShader

Maybe we talk about to different things?

Can I fill your database with a single line of code? If yes, what codeline?

23. namoricoo

namoricoo

It does not do it in Run-time at the moment. I've added the request to the todo list. I'm very busy at the moment so I can't tell you exactly when that feature will get implemented.

24. DeepShader

DeepShader

So it's very useless for me and a lot of people, if there's no runtime usage. Maybe this is the reason, why not a lot of people bought it?!

Thanks for your help.

25. namoricoo

namoricoo

As stated in previous post, Sqlite Requires Unity pro. I only have Unity Basic. So that's why there are no Run Time components.

However, UniDDatabase has most of the Run Time components. I looks like I haven't made a video or any examples showing how to add rows to uniDDatabase at run time. Those functions are available in the current version in the asset store.

As mentioned before WWW class is what you use to work with files that are not bundled in with the game. So you would load the WWW address in UniDDatabase after you create the picture.

Adding a new Row with one line of code.

1) UniDDatabaseCs.AddNewRecord(ddatabase);

Where ddatabase is the file attached to the inspector. So it does not matter how many columns are in the database. Only need one line of code to add a new , empty record. To populate a specific cell you would use the update code.

To Delete a Row, it's one line of code a well.
    2)UniDDatabaseCs.DeleteRecord(ddatabase, columnNumber);

With the problem you are asked about. I don't have Unity 3.5. Waiting for it to get out of Beta. However, as I mentioned before. After you save the picture, you will use the update example load the name in the cell that you want.

26. WillBellJr

WillBellJr

I had asked early on when I first started using Unity (v2.5) if it was possible to use a database with it - after a bit of research, that idea vaporized early on as well...

I think I should be excited about this?...

-Will

...Actually I am excited about this - I will definitely follow the development of this (I haven' t read this whole thread yet; at work atm...)

27. namoricoo

namoricoo

I just got UniDDatabase to work on Android Yesterday. So when I send the next update it will work correctly for Android too.

28. runner

runner

Sorry to have posted this in here i did look for a support thread for uniddatabase and located this thread in showcase today, If this is the wrong thread please direct me to the correct thread for support.

Seem to have lost the pdf manual that UniDDatabase use to have in the package.
    (Note: Documentation is in the plugins folder)

The Documentation provides descriptive explanation on how to create column fields, useful sample's explaining where in the inspector i adjust the code to retrieve database information from the table. and tips on retrieving and inserting a new row for data.

It took me 2 - 3 days of messing around to discover that i manually enter the column number. "duh" to retrieve data from the column.

The product is a valuable leveraging tool in a variety of situations that can meet specific requirements

Thank You
    $data.gif

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  29. namoricoo

namoricoo

I was planning on making better documentation and examples. However, this product is not making a profit. I'm losing money working on this. At $20 an hour with is my going rate. I put $6,000 worth of Engineering in the two products I have in the Asset Store. UniDDatabase has generated under $1,000. Yes it's a great tool, it's the center of my games.
    However when a product is not making money. Worse, when I catch people stealing part of my stuff so that they can included modifications of my code in their own product. That's when It's time to take a hard look and re strategize. I already wrote this off as a Business Loss on my taxes.
    1)I did get it to work on Android. That update is coming soon.
    2) I have 2 major bug fixes that are coming soon as well.
    3) I have a popup window that will support All 256 Ascii characters (90%) done.

HP spent a lot of money on WebOs. When they realized it was not making money.They pulled the plug.

Final thought. No documentation will be able to cover every possible example. I have UIToolkit. It only has the introductory examples. Most products give you the fundamentals.

30. jabi6

jabi6

hi.. namoricoo

i have one question.

Is it possible convert Excel to Sqlite ?

31. namoricoo

namoricoo

If you export an Excel file to CSV (Comma Separated Values), you'll be able to import the CSV file into Sqlite. UniSqlite does not have a button to do it. You would have to do it in code. However, my product UniDDatabase has that feature. Here is a Video demonstration

https://vimeo.com/29407426

Asset Store Link

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  32. niks

niks

hello ol..,
    :confused:

guys can you tell me is this UniDDatabase is compatible for iOS.????:confused:

Thanks
    Niks.

33. namoricoo

namoricoo

Hey DevBoyLars How dear you come to my thead and lie about my product so you can promote your own product. I will file an official complaint about you for mis-information. UniSqlite and UniDDatabase are two different products. Here is the official UniDDatabase Link.UniDDatabase Forum Link

34. namoricoo

namoricoo

For the record, UniDDatabse and UniSqlite are two different products. I working on the next wave of updates at the moment. This DevBoyLars, whoever he is has no affiliation with my product. This thread is closed.If anybody has questions about my product, send me a private message or post to the official UniDDatabse thread.

35. DeepShader

DeepShader

MonoSQLite is definitely not my product! You self told me in another post that your product doesn't really flow the way you want (sells) and you are not really interested to spend more time to it.

The user asks here in this forum about a good SQL-Plugin and I just told him about my personal experiences and MonoSQLite is just the best available at the moment.

I think this is ok as long everyone knows that this is my personal opinion. This is an open forum and everyone can post his personal opinion.

36. namoricoo

namoricoo

My thoughts about MonoSQLite Vs UniSqlite Vs UniDDatabase.

1)UniSqlite, my tool currently in the Asset Store, is designed to be an editor for manipulating Sqlie inside the Unity Editor-period. Nothing more, nothing less. It does what it's designed to do.

2) MonoSQLite by MonosapientsGames is designed to be a runtime solution for Sqlite. Runtime, meaning to work in your devices such as IOS, PC, Mac, etc.

MonoSqlite is in Category Scripting/ input - output. My product UniSqlite is in category Editor Extensions. With that in mind. The two products complement each other. MonoSqlite does a good job of working with Sqlite at runtime. UniSqlite does a good job creating a Sqlite Database in the Editor. Navicat for Sqlite will run you $139 in the Mac App store. My product is only $75 and you can stay inside the Unity Editor. So the two tools appear to complement each other. UniSqlite has a Sexy Intuitive Editor for managing an Sqlite Database within the UniEditor. MonoSqlite allows you to work with the Sqlite Database at run-time.

3)UniDDatabse has the goal of Being an all in one solution for all of your Data Needs. You get the Editor and the runtime scripts. Since it's so new. It's taking to get everything perfect. I'm very close. UniDDatabase features AES Encryption, Sqlite does not have AES Encryption. Zero configuration when you build to a remote device. Soon it will have Inline Documentation. When you want to get data, you'll just copy and paste the code for what you are trying to get. You can work with Prefabs, Textures2D, Vector3, Quaternions, and MonoSqlite does not do anything like that.

37. namoricoo

namoricoo

You don't own my product and you lied to the guy. He asked a very specific question. "guys can you tell me is this UniDDatabase is compatible for iOS.????"

1) Yes my product does work with IOS. you told him it does not.You told him the last update was in June. That's a lie. The last update was in August. You can give your opion. It's a free contry. There's a difference between an opinion and a lie.

2) Finally you told him my UniDDatabase product is dead. That's the big lie.

3)The current version in the Asset Store in not working with Android and Webplayer. The problem has been resolved and it will be in the next update I plan an releasing this week.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  38. Levantez

Levantez

I need you to do something for me, and I'll buy UniDDatabase.

Built a project as a Webplayer and Flash, host it somewhere, and send me the URL.
    I'll check to see that the program work even on my PC, which doesn't contain your database internally.

I had problems with some other plug-in not working properly after paying full price.
    Guaranteeing this by word will not be enough for me.

39. namoricoo

namoricoo

You don't have to take my word for it that my product work. Here is the Asset Store Link: Asset Store Link

Just read the reviews from other people who purchased the product. I'm trying to get the next big update out today. I recently updated my computer's hard drive so I have to find the Asset Store pictures on my old hard drive I think. The new update will have a better integration with Unity. Unity has a very start Sandbox system that will stop bad people from doing crazy things. The new update works with MAC, PC, IOS, Android, Webplayer, and The Unity Editor. However, it does not work with Flash. The WWW class is not supported in Flash at the moment. some other functions are also not working with the Flash platform. Flash is in Beta. The current version of UniDDatabase is 3.0. The next version will be 3.4 with Inline documentation.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  40. namoricoo

namoricoo

Tomorrow I'll see if I can post a demo webplayer. I have to go to work soon and I want to see if I can try to submit the next update today. A lot of people have been waiting for it and it's finally ready for primetime.

41. namoricoo

namoricoo

Here is an image of a working web player example. Next I will make a video to show that the webplayer is working. I'm still waiting for the asset store to approve the update.

Attached Files:

42. Amytalk

Amytalk

Hello, this made be an odd question but I'm a non-programmer who wants to use data bases to give out 'items' and store 'enemies' 'hp' and tons of stats etc. I use playMaker as a visual scripting program. Will I be able to access everything your product has to offer without writing C or java.

Edit. I should note I'm trying to ask about UniDDatabase 2.0 Is this the wrong thread?

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  43. Bryan3D

Bryan3D

I just purchased UniDDatabase and I'm almost completely new to databases. How is one supposed to learn how to use it? Videos only? Where is an up-to-date User Manual? I don't even see the readme.txt file. Thanks.

Bryan

44. Bryan3D

Bryan3D

Oops! I found the User Guide. But informative though it is, it's not the sort of step-by-step guide that I hoped for. I was hoping for a tutorial that would guide the developer thru the process that was used to create the sample scenes. That is, rather than trying to reverse-engineer the process based on how the scene functions, the game objects the scene has, and the code that makes it all work.

45. namoricoo

namoricoo

UniDDatabase tutorial...

46. namoricoo

namoricoo

The product has built-in documentation.

47. grimmy

grimmy

Hi, just a quick question. Can I use this to grab data from say Amazon AWS or some other web host? I did notice there was a tutorial with dropbox links, but how does it work with a service provider. (Is there somewhere to enter my login details etc). Thanks

Also, I want the data to be retrieved at runtime. (Possible?)

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  48. namoricoo

namoricoo

The login script is not there at this moment.

49. zhifeng

zhifeng

hi! I found "UniDDatabaseCs.DeleteRecord();" on IOS have problem ,this can‘t deleted Record; I need you help!

50. namoricoo

namoricoo

make sure you have the latest version of UniDDatabase from the asset store.