Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

NATIVE PLUGINS for Unity: iOS, Android [Need Prime31 / Easy Mobile / Stans Assets replacement??]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Voxel-Busters, Apr 4, 2015.

?

Do you want to see Windows Mobile support in CPNP? FYI, current market share is less than 3%.

Poll closed Aug 26, 2022.
  1. Ooh la la, Love to see that!

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. I don't give a damn!

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Are you crazy! Who makes games for Windows Mobile.

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. petey

petey

Hi there, Just setting up the rate my app feature. Is there a way to set it to be fully manual?
    Would these settings work?
    Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 9.39.28 am.png
    And I'll use "RateMyApp.AskForReviewNow" to get the review message.
    Thanks,
    Pete

2. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Something like Utilities.RequestStoreReview() ?

If so, just disable RateMyApp feature and just use the above method.

3. petey

petey

Hey thanks but that doesn't seem to work unless the this is enabled.
    Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 7.47.54 pm.png
    If I turn that off, iOS just switches to the App Store on a blank page rather than showing the Rate My App popup.

4. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Thats because you are testing on editor and blank page is because you haven't filled store id's in general section. On device it shows up the review dialog as expected, just that confirmation dialog won't be there.

5. petey

petey

Opps sorry I missed that but it's still not working as expected.
    If I put the App ID into the store section it just takes me to the App Store page (on the device).
    I'm definitely using this Utilities.RequestStoreReview(); but it's working like Utilities.OpenAppStorePage();
    Any ideas?

6. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

What is the plugin version you are on?
    On device it should pull up the review dialog.

7. petey

petey

Okay, I just did a test on the iPhone in a new blank scene with the store id's added to the settings.
    Using -
    Unity 2022.3.16f1 <Metal>
    Essential Kit v2.7.1

Here's the code.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using UnityEngine;
    3. using VoxelBusters.EssentialKit;
    5. public class RateApp : MonoBehaviour
    6. {
    7.     IEnumerator Start()
    8.     {
    9.         yield return new WaitForSeconds(2);
    10.         Utilities.RequestStoreReview();      
    11.     }
    13. }
    With these settings I get the Review dialog over the top.
    Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 10.28.20 am.png

With these settings iOS switches to the AppStore Page of the game.
    Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 10.28.30 am.png

Any ideas?

8. eonyanov

eonyanov

Hi there! We are using Unity 2018.4.31f and for certain reasons we can not update version. Will this plugin work correctly on Unity 2018.4 ? We need an iOS purchasing functionality. Now we are using Stans Assets, and many users are complaining that they cannot make purchases. Therefore, before purchasing your plugin, I would like to clarify its performance on our version of Unity.

9. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

It's been a while we tested on 2018.4. Our plugin is tested from 2019.4+
    You can give a quick try importing our free version and see if it's compatible.

10. eonyanov

eonyanov

There are no purchases in the free version

11. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Yes, I want you to test free version so that our core library and main base of the plugin is compatible with your current unity version.

12. Matthewek

Matthewek

Hello, great assets, I am interesting in buying IAP asset, may I ask if it will be supported using Unity 2019.4.35f1 and what Google Play Billing Library version it will use?

Voxel-Busters likes this.
  13. newlife

newlife

Are you going to support CloudKit on iOS?

14. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Billing Client Library - 5.2.1 and will be upgraded to latest v6 in Essential Kit v3. Currently 5.2.1 is enough to support Android 14 on play store. Yes, currently Unity 2019.4+ is supported. But for V3 (which is next updated version) we are forced to use 2021.3 for submission by Asset Store.

We currently use iCloud's Key-Value storage as the service on iOS and Saved Games feature of google play services on Android. These cover most of the use-cases for our users for cloud saving.

If you have any specific use-cases, please share us to review.

15. newlife

newlife

Apple key - value is limited to 1mb (on Google is 3 mb), so if you have complex data structure to save (like for example vehicles customisations and vehicle damages) it can not be enough.

16. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Right! Key-Value storage has the limits where it's quite good for saving player profiles but not for additional complex data.

If there is an equivalent service on Android offered by google, we could have definitely considered the suggestion.

17. newlife

newlife

As far as I know, there is not

18. Matthewek

Matthewek

will there be possibility to update to V3 outside of Asset Store or does it mean to use V3, we will be required to use Unity 2021.3 or above? Basically, I am forced to use Unity 2019.4, and can not consider updating Unity version. Thank you

19. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Well, the requirement is only from asset store for new packages, which we don't have any control.
    However, we won't be using any 2021.3 specific features though but moving forward we want to align what asset store sets as min.

If you are actually in a position where you can't update, we can help you out. I think v2 will be good enough for this year as well if you don't need any new features of the plugin.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2024
    SoftwareGeezers and Matthewek like this.
  20. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

If you are willing to pay us outside of Asset Store (via our own distribution), that's actually helps our dev team. But wondering how many will be willing to do that :oops:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2024
  21. josiplehpamer

josiplehpamer

Is there workaround for sharing videos?
    I managed to send video with shareSheet.AddAttachment and even with AddImage with a tweak to mimetypes
    but after returning from IM to game , game restarts

btw when can we expect V3 ?

22. schdav2792

schdav2792

getting a strange error. not exactly sure how to address

gem install activesupport -v 4.2.6 --user-install
    WARNING: You don't have /Users/X/.gem/ruby/2.6.0/bin in your PATH,
    gem executables will not run.Building native extensions. This could take a while...
    ERROR: Error installing activesupport:
    ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.
    current directory: /Users/X/.gem/ruby/2.6.0/gems/json-1.8.6/ext/json/ext/generator
    /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/bin/ruby -I /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/lib/ruby/2.6.0 -r ./siteconf20240206-29068-16fox6e.rb extconf.rb
    creating Makefile
    current directory: /Users/X/.gem/ruby/2.6.0/gems/json-1.8.6/ext/json/ext/generator
    make "DESTDIR=" clean
    make "DESTDIR="
    compiling generator.c
    In file included from generator.c:1:
    In file included from ./../fbuffer/fbuffer.h:5:
    In file included from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX14.2.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/include/ruby-2.6.0/ruby.h:33:
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX14.2.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/include/ruby-2.6.0/ruby/ruby.h:24:10: fatal error: 'ruby/config.h' file not found
    #include "ruby/config.h"
    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX14.2.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/include/ruby-2.6.0/ruby/ruby.h:24:10: note: did not find header 'config.h' in framework 'ruby' (loaded from '/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks')
    1 error generated.
    make: *** [generator.o] Error 1
    make failed, exit code 2
    Gem files will remain installed in /Users/davidschwartz/.gem/ruby/2.6.0/gems/json-1.8.6 for inspection.

23. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

We don't actually use cocoapods in V2. You can simply disable this installation from External Dependency Manager settings. However, please check if any other plugin you use in your project need pods and disable it accordingly. For quick install, you can try with brew from terminal.

Code (CSharp):
    1. brew install cocoapods

24. Lad-Ty

Lad-Ty

Hi, trying to migrate our project from using v1 to v2. Currently dealing with sign-in using google play services. Now, after I call "authenticate" and select my 'profile', it pops a message saying "By continuing, Google will share your name, email address, language preference, and profile picture with [AppName]". That is something I *ABSOLUTELY DO NOT* want at all - we do not want to scare the player about collecting their email address and everything else. All we are interested is an anonymous ID (we really just want a "ServerAuthCode" and nothing else) identifying the player with a server and that's it. How can I achieve that?

I even unticked "Needs profile scope" and "Needs email scope" in Game Services.

25. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi,
    The dialog you see from play games services is the default one which we don't have any control. If V1 is having a different dialog, most likely its because it was using outdated libraries (V1 is nearly 2-3 years old) and play games services evolved a lot from there.

We are currently working on play services v2 implementation on android which has better user experience. However, this will be shipped with V3 of Essential Kit which is under development.

So to summarise, the dialog you see is actually from google play libraries which we don't have any control other than informing about the selected scopes (set in settings of Essential Kit).

Please ping us on discord in-case if you need any help.

Thanks,
    VB Team

26. kayaberkay

kayaberkay

Hi, I am having problems authenticating users on iOS.

GameServices.OnAuthStatusChange event is not firing on iOS. I first check whether GameServices.IsAvaiable, then if LocalPlayer is null, I execute GameServices.Authenticate(). DIalogue on top center saying "Signed in as .. " appears but the callback is not fired and I am stuck at that phase. I need that callback to authenticate users on my server.

BTW: DIscord is not working, can you fix the link of Discord? Thanks.

Using Unity 2023.2 and essential kit 2.7.1.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2024
  27. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

I see the link is working fine. May I know what link you used and from where you got it?

28. kayaberkay

kayaberkay

Discord was blocked by my ISP, it's not a problem but callback not firing is still a big problem

29. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

May I know this happens on which iOS version? And also can you please confirm if you reproduce the same in our GameServicesDemo scene too?

30. kayaberkay

kayaberkay

It happens on iOS 17.3 and iPad OS 16.6. I didn't try the demo but the code is the same. I checked the demo code.

31. kayaberkay

kayaberkay

This is a really urgent case for us. Can you please check what could be the problem here?

32. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Let's continue on discord as I see a post from you. We scheduled the test and update you as soon as it's done.

33. GameFinder

GameFinder

When will Essential Kit support IAP on visionOS?

34. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

We don't have a device to test on but definitely will look into post release of first version of V3 (tvOS and VisionOS)

GameFinder likes this.
  35. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Great project, we need to access Android Native Speech Recognizer (Speech2Text and Text2Speech) Does the asset support this? If yes, is it possible to continuously monitor speech while a unity app is running.

36. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

No. Plugin currently doesn't support Speech utilities.

37. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Awe, that's a pitty because we really need it in our project. Would you be open to a request to adding this feature in the near future.

38. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

39. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Sure. Will add to our list.

40. frank231love

frank231love

Voxel-Busters

How do I know the path where pictures are stored in the album?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2024
  41. siddhantzadoo

siddhantzadoo

Hello voxel team. Great product was stuck on integrating game services in my project for at least 1 week using apple SDK's but had no luck. This was great help. After completing that i tried using the billing services and i have filled in all the details necessary. I just wanted to know how can i get the payout's for each item everything else is being retrieved by the api's. I receive the attached error. Can you clear this doubt for me that can the payouts be received or do i have to store them and link each id with specific payout locally in game. As in unity when we add products it has a field to add payout. How is it handled here
    Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 1.19.01 PM.png Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 1.24.31 PM.png

42. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Payout param (if you come from Unity IAP) are handy but in V2 we don't have it added in the BillingProduct class. But in V3 we accommodated it. Note that Payouts are actually added manually in the settings and not actually part of any native apis. It's just for convenience.

For now, please store it separately and once V3 hits production (in 2 months), it will be super easy!

Thanks,
    VB Team

siddhantzadoo likes this.
  43. satyambhatt20

satyambhatt20

It is happening to me as well. Please let me know if you found a solution

44. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Is anti-piracy option enabled on google play console? If so please make sure you download the app from store.

45. frank231love

frank231love

How do I know the path where pictures are stored in the album?

46. siddhantzadoo

siddhantzadoo

Good morning,
    I have purchased your plugin and have been using it for social integration (game centre, play services and leaderboards). Now we wanted to use the Ads SDK, which was free as we had purchased the main plugin After going through all the steps we got everything working in the editor. But when we made a prod build to test out the app, I got the following errors. I am using Admob and as instructed in documentation we will get a default consent provider. But still an error. Please provide feedback on how to solve this issue. The configuration is also attached

IOS Error text:
    Siddhant Native Test Log : Initalzing Ads Services <UMP SDK> To enable debug mode for this device, set: UMPDebugSettings.testDeviceIdentifiers = @[ @"B77BFB72-14DD-4761-88D7-F12F8500B76E" ]; Siddhant Native Test Log : Failed initialising Ads Kit with: Error Domain: Code: 0 Description: Failed to read publisher's account configuration; no form(s) configured for the input app ID. Verify that you have configured one or more forms for this application and try again. Received app ID: "Removed ID for privacy, it was correct" VoxelBusters.CoreLibrary.CallbackDispatcher:LateUpdate()

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 9, 2024
  47. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

It would be great if you can contact us on our discord server with the logcat logs on android to look into.

Is your account under review currently? Also make sure you add the test device id in our settings.

48. siddhantzadoo

siddhantzadoo

Have posted further question on discord. id- siddantFynd@123

49. Berkaycs

Berkaycs

Hi, I want to solve the Newtonsoft error based on the Installation FAQ on the website. But, I did not see the manifest.json file. How can I find that?

edit: it was in the file explorer/project-name/packages/manifest.json

Attached Files:

• ju.png
      ju.png
      File size:
      52.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: May 20, 2024
  50. petey

petey

Hey I'm not sure of the error off hand but do you need to add the newtonsoft package?
    If so do it like this -
    Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 12.21.59 PM.png
    and enter this name - com.unity.nuget.newtonsoft-json