Search Unity

NATIVE PLUGINS for Unity: iOS, Android [Need Prime31 / Easy Mobile / Stans Assets replacement??]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Voxel-Busters, Apr 4, 2015.

?

Do you want to see Windows Mobile support in CPNP? FYI, current market share is less than 3%.

Poll closed Aug 26, 2022.
  1. Ooh la la, Love to see that!

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. I don't give a damn!

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Are you crazy! Who makes games for Windows Mobile.

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. unitywlp

unitywlp

will set icon badge number work on android

2. Shushustorm

Shushustorm

I don’t know if others are interested in this, but personally, I could really make use of IAP and social sharing for OSX, too. There are no plans for that right now, though, are there?

3. ThaderGamesSL

ThaderGamesSL

Hello guys,

Any news about Amazon? It is in testing stage since December/January and we really need it.

Thanks.

4. Shushustorm

Shushustorm

When trying to verificate on iOS in sandbox environment, eBillingTransactionVerificationState.SUCCESS always returns false.
    Has anybody else faced this problem and / or knows how to deal with this?
    Xcode just tells me the following when this happens:
    (Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

Things I already made sure of are right:
    - IAP is present in iTunes Connect
    - IAP is enabled in Xcode
    - OnDidFinishProductsRequest() gives me BillingProduct[] _regProductsList that I can access and the data like _regProductsList[1].Description is right

5. ashishchandy

ashishchandy

Does this plugin support GCM deeplinking and datepicker dialog for android

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  6. nproject

nproject

Is there IAP for windows phone?

7. Dev_Sebas

Dev_Sebas

Yes, there´s currently a big problem with this, seems there´s some duplicated methods.
    Instead of installing the 1.8.0 BETA RC43, install the 1.7.8.4.
    Cheers
    Seb

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  8. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

We will evaluate the possibility soon. We need to look if all the features provided will fit the platform in every aspect or not.

Sorry on this. We are still in progress for Amazon and we too want to get this out soon. We got a priority schedule for an CPNP update from past 2 weeks (which was unexpected - 1.3.1 version) and busy with it. We will present a new schedule as early as possible.

We didn't yet start on Windows as its a big time investment. We are looking for more votes from community to keep it in our schedule. Hope you understand.

@unitywlp
    We keep all of our code in proper Name Space. For instance, TextureExtensions class is in NativePlugins.Utility. If any other library has same name and is not in a specific namespace, this can lead to errors. Ideally, other libraries need to fix by adding them in their own namespace.

To solve this error, make sure you don't have multiple classes with same name. If so, please resolve by a conflict resolver by "Using" keyword.

Sorry for replying late. Not sure why unity forum stopped sending us notifications :| . If you have any questions you can post in our forum.

Thanks,
    VB Team.

Shushustorm likes this.
  9. murkato

murkato

Please confirm if the plugin actually supports Amazon billing. Your announcements say it does, but I cannot seem to see any settings for amazon store anywhere in lite version.

10. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Sorry for the confusion caused. Still Amazon implementation is in development phase.

11. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

As you can see in the attachment, Playmaker added new file named TextureExtensions in GLOBAL space. Even we have with same name but in our VoxelBusters.Utility namespace. Ideally, Playmaker needs to keep it their own namespace to avoid this conflict.

For quicker fix, you can replace TextureExtensions reference with VoxelBusters.Utility.TextureExtensions all over the cs files.

Let us know if you need any further help.

Attached Files:

12. Dev_Sebas

Dev_Sebas

About Playmaker, you guys did a nice integration and it´s very good.
    Playmaker has an ecosystem of actions and sample scenes, are you thinking about it?
    It´s a great system that allows people to submit customs actions and samples, you should try it.
    You guys, could also post this action inside Playmaker forum to get more people.

Keep the good work!
    Cheers
    Seb

13. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Thanks for your kind words.

And yeah, in future update we will provide sample scenes and templates to help users understand and also integrate features with minimal efforts.

14. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

jprocha101 likes this.
  15. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Version 1.3.1 is on Asset Store now.
    Few major changes ONLY specific to Achievements when reporting progress.

Once you update, Uninstall previous files (Window → VoxelBusters → Native Plugins → Uninstall) and please make sure you do the first step instantly.
    1. MaxPoints in AcheivementDescription got deprecated. So you “MUST” set the steps to complete an achievement in NPSettings as below. upload_2016-4-12_15-26-4.png
    2. Use NPBinding.GameServices.GetNoOfStepsForCompletingAchievement to get steps for finishing an achievement.
    3. Now reporting with points is deprecated. Start reporting with Percentage instead.

Number of Steps property in NPSettings for achievement will be handy for iOS developers as they need to hardcode somewhere earlier as GameCenter doesn't provide an option to save it. Even though for Android its possible to get the value,to achieve cross platform feature option, we went a head and added this attribute to give the ease for adding more platforms later on.

Report Progress now accepts percentage only. This is because of lot of requests and we too found out it makes more sense with percentage. Thanks for the amazing community for helping in making the product much flexible and robust!

Above changes we made considering the community requests and also to make the product much stronger in terms of its usage. Hope you find it useful.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  16. quallenbomber

quallenbomber

Hey guys,

does anyone of you know if there is a bug with DidReceiveRemoteNotificationEvent and iOS 9.3.1?
    The notifiactions work fine and I am getting push every time when my app is closed but if my app is opened it doesn't call DidReceiveRemoteNotificationEvent on iOS.

private void DidReceiveRemoteNotificationEvent (CrossPlatformNotification _notification)
    {
    //UPDATE UI
    }

For android it is working fine and my UI updates after receiving push. But for my iPhone iOS 9.3.1 it doesn't. "DidReceiveRemoteNotificationEvent" isn't called...

Whatsapp sharing isn't working for iOS 9.3.1 as well. Android works fine...

public void share(){
    //Createshare sheet
    ShareSheet _shareSheet = new ShareSheet();
    _shareSheet.Text = "Sharing Text";
    _shareSheet.URL = "www.Google.de";

//Setthislistifyouwanttoexcludeanyservice/applicationtype.Else,ignore.
    //_shareSheet.ExcludedShareOptions=m_excludedOptions;

//Show composer
    NPBinding.UI.SetPopoverPointAtLastTouchPosition();
    NPBinding.Sharing.ShowView(_shareSheet, FinishedSharing);
    }

Does anyone has the same problem(s)?

PS: I this plugin and the support are really awesome!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  17. Shushustorm

Shushustorm

@quallenbomber
    Have you tried updating Whatsapp? I had some issues sharing until I actually updated the apps that I want to share with.

18. quallenbomber

quallenbomber

@Shushustorm thank u for your answer.

Yes I am on the current WhatsApp Version (2.16.2). I have updated it on the 12th April.
    Maybe the update is the reason for the problem but I don't know.

19. Shushustorm

Shushustorm

@quallenbomber
    That’s weird. I also use 2.16.2. What version of this plugin do you use? I am using 1.3.
    If that’s the same, too, it may be an OS problem, because I am still using iOS 8.

quallenbomber likes this.
  20. quallenbomber

quallenbomber

@Shushustorm i am using 1.3 as well.
    Oh ok thats weird. Yes probably it is an OS Problem.

Or maybe one of my other plugins is making trouble but I don't think so.

21. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

We are looking into the issue and request your co-operation. We will get you the information required as early as possible.

Regards,
    VB Team.

22. djfrail

djfrail

Is there a way to handle in-app purchase refunds? I'm not seeing anything in the docs, but I see in your source code that there's an enum for REFUNDED eBillingTransactionState. How would one use this? I'd like to disable some features in my game if it receives a message that it's been refunded.

23. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Once any transaction is complete, you will get a BillingTransaction instance to your callback you registered.
    BillingTransaction instance has a property named TransactionState. Possible states are

Code (CSharp):
    1. ///<summary> The Store successfully processed payment. </summary>
    2. PURCHASED,
    4. ///<summary> The transaction failed.</summary>
    5. FAILED,
    7. ///<summary> This transaction restores content previously purchased by the user.</summary>
    8. RESTORED,
    10. ///<summary> This transaction was refunded back to the user. You can restrict/remove associated item.</summary>
    11. REFUNDED
    So you just need to check
    Code (CSharp):
    1. billingTransactionInstance.TransactionState == eBillingTransactionState.REFUNDED
    Thanks,
    VB Team

24. djfrail

djfrail

Ok. Which of these three callbacks should I look for the refund to show up in?
    Billing.DidFinishRequestForBillingProductsEvent
    Billing.DidFinishProductPurchaseEvent
    Billing.DidFinishRestoringPurchasesEvent

I'm guessing DidFinishProductPurchaseEvent, but want to make sure.

25. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Billing.DidFinishProductPurchaseEvent
    Billing.DidFinishRestoringPurchasesEvent

Above 2 events return BillingTransaction instances.

Thanks,
    VB Team

26. malek256

malek256

We are building using Unity 5.2.2 and are pleased that the Ultra package we purchased works well for IAP. However, when I was examining the file set I noticed openssl-1.0.1e.

Am I missing something or is the IAP plugin here actually using OpenSSL 1.0.1e?

Does this mean that the implementation suffers from the heartbleed vulnerability (fixed in 1.0.1g?)
    CVE-2014-0160

Is there an update planned to use the more recent OpenSSL (currently at 1.0.1o from what I can see)? This is a critical issue / stop for us as we cannot release software with such a serious vulnerability as Heartbleed.

Data source:
    https://www.openssl.org/news/vulnerabilities.html

27. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi,
    Thanks for the pointer.

However, once after using OpenSSL library, we send it to apple servers for verification again. So , it won't be an issue for the existing code.

If developer set verification to off, we won't remove it from queue until its manually confirmed that verification is done. This makes it sure that we validate every transaction.

Anyways, We will update those libraries as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    VB Team

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  28. malek256

malek256

Great to hear you are updating. CPNP is an excellent package, I would be dismayed not to be able to use it.

Voxel-Busters likes this.
  29. Simon_says

Simon_says

I see there's a new messaging system by Google called Firebase which is replacing the current GCM for push notifications. Are you going to update your plugin to utilize FCM instead of GCM and APNS? I'm using this feature at the moment, and I have about 1 million users in my database and sending a notification to each of them at once often fails, and can't even setup APNS to send a notification for that much users(plus can't even setup the certificate), so it would be nice if you would make a simple and unique solution for both platforms, which is FCM.

30. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Sure, its recommended to move on to FCM eventually. So we have it in roadmap.

31. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hello Amazing Devs,

New tutorials are up here. Looking forward for your feedback.

Thanks,
    VB Team

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    Cromfeli likes this.
  32. derkoi

derkoi

Hi,

Just bought this plugin and have the following errors on import:

I'm using Unity Pro v5.3.4p6

33. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Thanks for choosing our plugin. And we hope to see you satisfied with your purchase.

From the logs it seems like there is one more class in your project which uses same class name TextureExtensions as ours. And mostly its not wrapped under any namespace and thats why you are getting this error.

Solution is either try to include other class under namespace or else define conflict handlers. Following code snippet needs to be appended in all the classes having this issue.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using TextureExtensions = VoxelBusters.Utility.TextureExtensions;
    Hope this answer helps you.

34. gekidoslair

gekidoslair

Just added the plugin to my android project, and now suddenly when I do a build, it's asking me to update the Android API level to v6.0 (API 23). Is this a mandatory requirement or did I miss something in the initial setup? In the Unity build settings, it's at API 17 (which is what I wanted to target originally).

If this IS required, I believe that API 23 also adds a whole ton of new permission management etc - does the plugin provide an interface / mechanism for handling the new Android permission model?

35. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Upgrade to v6.0 alert should be from Unity Engine. Could you please let me know the version you have?

Thanks,
    VB Team

36. toreolsensan

toreolsensan

I'm able to receive remote notifications but only when the app is either running in the foreground or the background. If I kill it by swiping in the task manager, notifications are not delivered. I'm porting an existing native app and this works in the old version. Any reasons this should not work using the native plugins in Unity?

Thanks,
    Tore

37. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Could you please pass me the logcat log for the mentioned scenario to our support mail? We will have a look into it.

Thanks,
    VB Team

38. djfrail

djfrail

I've got Native Plugins 1.3.1 in my Android game for Billing, Game Services, and Cloud services. When I do a test run of my game on a device, it informs the user they have to download the latest Google Play Games app...I guess because Native Plugins requires the use of Google Play Game Services released just a few weeks ago?

Also - I'm trying to do the Pre-Launch Report beta testing through the Google Play Developer console, and unfortunately all of the automated tests on there can't get past the GPG login screen - all 13 device tests say "Install Google Play Games. This app requires the latest version of the Google Play Games app."

Is the solution to these problems to use an older version of Google Play Services? Is that possible with Native Plugins and if so, what specifically should I do? Or is there another solution? Thanks.

39. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

From 8.1 version there was a significant change from google side which needed an upgrade to latest GPS version.
    For this reason from 1.3 we updated GPS to 8.4

Incase, if we had kept older GPS version, it won't work with > 8.1 updated devices as it crashes for the change from google.

So we added an alert to let user update to the latest version. Hope this clarifies.

Thanks,
    VB Team

40. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

41. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Amazon IAP support coming soon on CPNP.

p.s: If everything goes according to plan, it will be available @Unity Asset Store by mid June .

42. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Here's the updated Tutorials of our plugin. Please go through it and share your suggestions.

43. Simon_says

Simon_says

New tutorials look far more better than the old ones.

I have a question about game services. I notice that a lot of games automatically logs me in when I first run the game(on iOS first, but now on Android too recently), and if I choose not to log in(natively) then it doesn't prompt me anymore later, otherwise it logs me in automatically each time. If I call the authenticate method in the Start() function, would this be handled automatically by the plugin? I don't want that my app is annoying and tries to log in users who don't want to use game services each time the app starts, but I do want automatic logins without any prompts because I automatically submit scores to leaderboard and check if an achievement is earned based on score, and the only way I authenticate the user is by clicking to open the leaderboard or achievements UI, so if they didn't open the UI, their progress won't be recorded.

44. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@Simon_says
    Yes, it should work as you expect. Once signed in, it wont ask for auth every-time for Sign in call. However, if User cancels it, you need to make sure you won't trigger Sign-in call again on relaunch as per your concern.

45. derkoi

derkoi

And how do we tell if the User Cancels the log in?

46. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Signin call should fail if user cancels it.

Thanks,
    VB Team

47. Simon_says

Simon_says

It can also fail if there is no internet connection, so the fail callback from the authenticate function is not that reliable to tell if the user don't want to be signed in, unless we maybe check the status message in an if statement?

48. derkoi

derkoi

Exacly what Simon said above, it can fail for other reasons, how can we tell that the user does not want to sign in? I think an if statement would work if we knew what message we're expecting.

49. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Unfortunately, GPS doesn't provide much information on failure even on native side. Did you see any other game which has this feature implemented for reference?

We will have a check if any other cases possible meanwhile.

Thanks,
    VB Team

50. djfrail

djfrail

I'm using Billing, Cloud Services, and Game Services from Native Plugins in my game. I'm trying to figure out which assets I'm require which permission. Currently it requires:
    - In-App purchases
    - Identity (find accounts on the device)
    - Location (precise location)
    - Photos/Media/Files
    - Wi-fi connection information
    - Other: full network access, prevent tablet from sleeping, control vibration, view network connections, use accounts on this device, read Google service configuration

Which of these are coming from Native Plugins? I've also got Chartboost in the game. I'm having a hard time tracking down what asset needs that precise location permission... is that needed by Native Plugins? Thanks.