Search Unity

NATIVE PLUGINS for Unity: iOS, Android [Need Prime31 / Easy Mobile / Stans Assets replacement??]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Voxel-Busters, Apr 4, 2015.

?

Do you want to see Windows Mobile support in CPNP? FYI, current market share is less than 3%.

Poll closed Aug 26, 2022.
  1. Ooh la la, Love to see that!

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. I don't give a damn!

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Are you crazy! Who makes games for Windows Mobile.

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Can you please contact our support team and provide the details of issue along with steps to reproduce it. We will look into this matter and rectify it.

2. Solid_Metal

Solid_Metal

sure, later tonight will, anyway, i have another question regarding of localnotification, and again, the documentation didnt explain much

i use createnotification(3,eNotificationRepeatInterval.DAY);

i assume it'll fire up every 3 days, which is somewhat true, in my test it fire first at 3 day interval, after it fired once, next it fired up every 1 day

how do i made it to display notification every 3 day correctly?

and with the same exact code, on iOS so far the notification first pop-up 3 seconds after everytime the the app launched

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  3. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Sorry, CrossPlatformNotification class doesn't include CreateNotification definition.

Are you referring to the code used in the demo scene? If thats the case, then its working fine. In demo script, we are scheduling notification which is scheduled for delivery after 'x' seconds.

So a call: createnotification(3,eNotificationRepeatInterval.DAY) will fire a notification in next 3 seconds and once done, it gets rescheduled to fire another notification after 24hrs.

And in your last post, you have asked for a solution to reschedule notification after every 3 days. Unfortunately, directly it is not possible. However manually scheduling a new notification to fire after 72hrs, will do the trick.

Solid_Metal likes this.
  4. Solid_Metal

Solid_Metal

ah yes, stupid me, didn't think of that lol
    thanks for the help! , 10/10 best cust service and plugin i ever use on unity :D

Voxel-Busters likes this.
  5. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Quick update: Updated documentation for Twitter feature. Please check it and let us know your feedback.

Happy Coding!

6. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Quick update: Revised documentation for Native UI feature is now available! Please check it and let us know your feedback.

Happy Coding!

7. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Quick update: Documentations for Utility feature has been updated! Please check it and let us know your feedback.

Happy Coding!

8. AlanGameDev

AlanGameDev

EDIT: This is possibly irrelevant, so I'm coloring it red:

Hello there.

We decided to go with this plugin and so far everything is working great, with a single exception however: I've hit a wall on Game Services. I'm integrating the leaderboards in the game and I've some previous experience with another plugins (prime31) so I'm mostly sure everything is configured properly on the Google Dev Console, I've made an achievement, checked the credentials, and everything is working fine, the (test) users can login without problems and their data can be retrieved, as well as the leaderboards UI can be shown and the testing leaderboard that I've configured in the Dev Console is there, I can see and access it, everything seems to be working fine.

However, I couldn't actually use the leaderboards in the game. To make sure the problem wasn't my code I've build the game with the DemoScene and the same problem occurs, on that scene, the first problem that occurred was that when I hit the "Create Leaderboard" button the whole app just hangs, I've managed to track down the problem to the "FindCurrentPlatformIDFromCollection" method (GameServicesIDHandler class, VoxelBusters.NativePlugins.Internal namespace). The ID shown in "Current Leaderboard GID" in the Demo UI is the correct one, so I think everything is configured correctly, however, I decided to just change the "CreateLeaderboardWithGlobalID" in the GameServicesDemo class to call CreateLeaderboardWithID and provided it with the correct leaderboard ID inline. When I did that the "Create Leaderboard" button started to work, as you can see in the image 1 which was taken after I've clicked it. But when I clicked the "Report Score" button, then an error occurred, as you can see from the image 2. Here is the log:

Code (text):
    1. [GameServices] Failed to report score.
    2. ReportScore(System.String, System.String, Int64, VoxelBusters.NativePlugins.Score+ReportScoreCompletion)(at C:\Users\Alan\UnityJobs\[censored]\Assets\VoxelBusters\NativePlugins\Plugins\Features\GameServices\Binding\Base\GameServices.cs:310)
    3. ReportScoreWithGlobalID(System.String, Int64, VoxelBusters.NativePlugins.Score+ReportScoreCompletion)(at C:\Users\Alan\UnityJobs\[censored]\Assets\VoxelBusters\NativePlugins\Plugins\Features\GameServices\Binding\Base\GameServices.cs:301)
    4. ReportScoreWithGlobalID(System.String)(at C:\Users\Alan\UnityJobs\[censored]\Assets\VoxelBusters\NativePlugins\Demo\Scripts\Features\GameServices\GameServicesDemo.cs:421)
    5. DrawLeaderboardSection()(at C:\Users\Alan\UnityJobs\[censored]\Assets\VoxelBusters\NativePlugins\Demo\Scripts\Features\GameServices\GameServicesDemo.cs:184)
    6. DisplayFeatureFunctionalities()(at C:\Users\Alan\UnityJobs\[censored]\Assets\VoxelBusters\NativePlugins\Demo\Scripts\Features\GameServices\GameServicesDemo.cs:113)
    7. OnGUIWindow()(at C:\Users\Alan\UnityJobs\[censored]\Assets\VoxelBusters\NativePlugins\Demo\Scripts\Base\NPDemoBase.cs:53)
    8. GUIWindowBase(Int32)(at C:\Users\Alan\UnityJobs\[censored]\Assets\VoxelBusters\Common\Utility\UI\Script\Base\GUIModalWindow.cs:80)
    9. CallWindowDelegate(UnityEngine.GUI+WindowFunction, Int32, UnityEngine.GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, UnityEngine.GUIStyle)
    Loading the scores did work well though. Also, the configs are a little bit confusing, I'm not sure if I have to use the "Platform IDs" in the leaderboards settings, and if I should, what should go in the "Global IDs"?

At the moment I'm just focusing on having that whole DemoScene working properly in order to make sure everything is ready to use in the game.

I'd appreciate if you could help me in a timely manner. Thank you.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      124.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      138.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  9. AlanGameDev

AlanGameDev

Actually, nevermind on my previous post :). I've changed the "ReportScoreWithGlobalID" in GameServicesDemo to use ReportScoreWithID instead of ReportScoreWithGlobalID and provided the ID inline, and now everything is working fine. I think the problem is that I actually didn't understand how you should configure the Game Services settings, especially the Global ID and Platform IDs.

EDIT:
    Also, I have another question: In case of Twitter, when the app is allowed, it will login automatically when you initialize it. Is there a way to know if the app was authorized in Google Play Games without having to call the authenticate method? Or perhaps perform an automatic login but only if the app is authorized (without showing the login window if it's not)?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  10. AlanGameDev

AlanGameDev

Actually, nevermind [2] on explaining the settings. I just figured them out. The problem was, I was mixing up the "G" from Global with the "G" from Google :p. Now I understand that the global ID are used only by the plugin determine which service-specific ID to load. Very nice feature.

So, just let me know if it's possible to know beforehand if the app was authorized in Google Play Games so I can do a 'silent' login thing without annoying users that don't want to use the features.

Thanks.

11. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Thanks for updating :) Glad you liked the feature.

Currently there is no direct way to auto sign in. However you can save a flag if user successfully logged in earlier. If he launches app again, just call authenticate and it should login without any login dialog.

Please let us know if you need any information.

AlanGameDev likes this.
  12. AlanGameDev

AlanGameDev

Thanks for the reply. Yes, that's precisely what I'm going to do.

13. AlanGameDev

AlanGameDev

Actually, nevermind on the Facebook scores/leaderboards. Just figured Facebook only allows 1 leaderboard per app, what's totally useless for me and I guess it's also useless for most games, especially Unity games which tends to be complex.
    For more than 1 leaderboard you have to go with an external service or perhaps your own server, so my client decided to don't use it at the moment and stick with only the "Game Services" (i.e: Google/Apple). I understand that Facebook don't want to store much data in their servers, but that simply sucks imho.

14. meghapants

meghapants

Your post says that PlayMaker support will be released in January. Do you have an ETA?

15. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi @meghapants,

Here's quick update about PlayMaker: We have completed implementation of all the features and currently working on demo samples. So by this month end, you can expect it to be available @Unity Asset Store along with other cool new features like Cloud Services, One Signal Support etc.

16. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Guys, check out the updated tutorial post for Billing feature. We feel things can't get easier than this ;) What do you say! Share your comments and suggestions.

Cheers!
    VB Team

17. SidarVasco

SidarVasco

Hey, I'm getting a
    Code (csharp):
    2. java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.voxelbusters.NativeBinding
    3. ....
    4.  AndroidJavaException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.voxelbusters.nativeplugins.features.gameservices.GameServicesHandler
    5.  java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.voxelbusters.nativeplugins.features.gameservices.GameServicesHandler
    7. //And a lot more
    On android. Using unity 5.3. Any idea why?

18. toreolsensan

toreolsensan

Hi,

I'm testing local notifications, and wish to set the application icon badge on iOS, but clear it when the app is launched. How can I clear the badge?

Here's the code which lauches the notification:

var notification = new CrossPlatformNotification();
    notification.UserInfo = new Dictionary<string, string>();
    notification.UserInfo["type"] = reason;
    notification.AlertBody = "Test message";
    notification.FireDate = myFireDate; // set elsewhere
    notification.iOSProperties = new CrossPlatformNotification.iOSSpecificProperties();
    notification.iOSProperties.BadgeCount = 1;
    NPBinding.NotificationService.ScheduleLocalNotification(notification);

The notification works, and my callback for NotificationService.DidReceiveLocalNotificationEvent gets called.

19. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi,
    May I know if you have modified androidnativeplugin.jar file shipped with our plugin?
    The class will be available in the jar file shipped with the product. Please confirm.

Thanks,
    VB Team.

20. SidarVasco

SidarVasco

Hey,

Due to our deadline we switched to play game services plugin.
    We removed VB from our project. If it happens in a different project ill let you know.

21. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

For discarding all the received notifications and clearing badge please use ClearNotifications API of Notification Services class.

Update:
    If you want to set only the badge alone you can use Utility method SetApplicationIconBadgeNumber. It just sets the badge number to what ever you set.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    toreolsensan likes this.
  22. Lad-Ty

Lad-Ty

Hi, I would like to ask - when I log a user in (for example using Google Play Services on Android), how can I obtain the "ID token" which I could use with a backend server to verify the identity of the contacting user? This is very needed for me and I did not manage to get anything like that. I managed to get only the users ID and name ( http://voxelbusters.github.io/Cross...usters_1_1_native_plugins_1_1_local_user.html ), but that will not help me much when trying to authentificate the user on my server. How can I do this, or, if it is not possible at this moment, how can I achieve that by some modifications to the plugin?
    Hoping for a quick and positive response. Thank you, LadTy

23. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi,
    Currently there is no API in our plugin to get the token. We will evaluate this and get back to you soon after current update as currently our team is busy with adding Cloud Services feature and PlayMaker support.
    Thanks,
    VB Team.

24. thomue00

thomue00

Hi,
    can you give a prediction when the Cloud Services will be finished and released? Thanks :)

25. plokkum

plokkum

I'm trying to build my game for Android, but somehow I keep getting an error when trying to repackage the resources:

Please note I'm also using the AdMob package, but it didn't cause any trouble. The problems started arrising after importing this package. I'm sure the error is on my side, but I can't see what's wrong.
    I have also tried upgrading the jar libs, but nothing seems to work.

I would greatly appreciate your help! Thanks!

26. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hopefully by mid of next week. We are on it.

Could you please post the complete log. The error mostly will be because duplicate jar files in ours and Admobs plugin combined.

27. plokkum

plokkum

Thanks, @Voxel Busters!

Here is the complete log:

28. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Just cross check if you have multiple Google play services libraries. Our's is at Assets/plugins/Android/google-play-services_lib folder. If Admob also has a library in their plugin, it could be the reason for export error. Just make sure you have only one copy of GPS library.

29. plokkum

plokkum

Yes, there is only one copy of the library. Could it be that multiple attributes have been defined?
    I noticed the message I posted was truncated, here is there rest:

EDIT: I just got it fixed. Thanks for the eye-opener! I just removed the xml files that contained the the duplicate attributes (they only consisted of these attributes). That seems to work. Thanks for your help!

30. unity2

unity2

Hi,
    I import the lite version in my unity project and getting the following error :

Internal compiler error. See the console log for more information. output was:Error: System.ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.String].Add (System.String key, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at us.UnityScriptCompilerFactory.FromCommandLineOptions (us.CommandLineOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at us.UsModule.compile (us.CommandLineOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at us.UsModule.runWithCommandLine (System.String[] commandLine) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at us.UsModule.Main (System.String[] argv) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Now not able to run my project. Please help.

31. mgear

mgear

Works great on mobiles,
    but when testing on older AndroidTV (Sharp Aquos, not SmartTV),
    and trying to play youtube videos, it says error -1004

I'm feeding youtube video url to the mediaplayer in demo scene, and it works on android phone,
    but on tv it gives that -1004 error, any ideas if there is something that I could do? (or its just blocked on this tv, since it seems to be older model..?)

Note: This tv wont allow playing youtube videos in browser, in youtube app or anywhere else either (vimeo doesnt work either)

Also note, the original play from URL video works fine on the tv.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  32. Simon_says

Simon_says

Is it possible to get the player personal settings using any feature of your plugin? By personal settings I mean player's age, gender etc.

33. FatIgor

FatIgor

Hi.

I'm having a few problems getting remote notifications fully working.

If the app is closed, then both iOS and Android receive the notification, beep and put up the little message. When I tap this, the application will launch, and successfully receive the notification info (both platforms).

If the app is running and I send a notification, Android will pick it up and display it in the app. iOS just ignores it completely.
    Obviously, with it being cross-platform, I am setting them both up in exactly the same way. Is there perhaps something extra for the iOS that I am missing?

Finally, if the app is not closed, but in the background, the Android will crash the app on tapping a notification, the iOS will jump to the foreground on tapping the notification, but not pick it up.

I'm going to continue poking away at this, but any suggestions gratefully received.

Ian.

34. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Apologies for delayed reply. You can mail to our support for quicker replies.

Hi, please check this post. Just delete the .rsp files.

May I know what OS version it is on?

Sorry Simon. Plugin won't provide these personal details. It can give only Picture and Name of the user logged in via Game Services.

Hi could you please pass us the logcat to see the reason behind the crash? Please send us the complete logcat log with development mode on to our support mail.

35. mgear

mgear

tv has android 4.4.2

The exact error was: [NativePlugins.MediaLibrary]Error occured while playing video!!!1 -1004

36. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@mgear
    I don't have the device to test but let me ask few more questions.
    . What error is thrown when Youtube SDK is setup? (I mean once you set Youtube dev key in NPSettings)
    . Can we get complete logcat lo with out any filters (make sure development build is on while exporting the apk).
    . How big is the video and can you pass on the url once?

Thanks,
    VB Team.

37. mgear

mgear

No errors, and the same .APK build works everywhere else, just not playing youtube videos on that tv..
    Its same with any youtube video it seems, i'm using this plugin to get the raw youtube video url.

Unable to get logs out from the tv yet..trying to get some suitable cables next week so that can try to connect, will post here later.

38. Simon_says

Simon_says

What about using the social services like Facebook to access these data?

39. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Sharing feature delegates the tasks to the corresponding service applications and won't be able to get back information. Usually its one way. For ex: Sharing a url/image/message.

With Twitter SDK, we have option to get details of the logged in user as well if it helps.

40. ZorBrak

ZorBrak

I'm having an issue I can't seem to solve.

I'm unable to use the leaderboards with Play, and I receive this error each time I try to sign in:

Do you have any idea where I might look to resolve this? Yours is the only plugin installed, except Chartboost.

41. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

It seems you updated Google Play Services. If so please follow this post and update the jar file.

42. ZorBrak

ZorBrak

Thanks so much!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  43. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi,
    We released 1.3 version on Asset Store with Cloud Save feature and adding support to third party plugins Playmaker , Soomla Grow, One Signal and Simple IAP System.

We moved majority of the plugin code to Standard Assets for reducing the loading times and we hope it will be useful for your projects.

IMPORTANT : Please follow this upgrade guide for updating to version 1.3.

Thanks,
    VB Team.

jprocha101 and Cromfeli like this.
  44. MrWhoof

MrWhoof

Nevermind, I found what I needed, thanks for the great plugin!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  45. funnybunnymobile

funnybunnymobile

How do you perform the Receipt Validation? Thank you

46. unitywlp

unitywlp

pls post playmaker scripts for lite version

47. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Sharing them on Git today! Will post here once done.

48. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

49. Shizola

Shizola

As I understand it, this plugin does not currently support windows universal apps? Is there a way I can get my project to compile without removing the plugin from my project? - Thanks

50. unitywlp

unitywlp