Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

NATIVE PLUGINS for Unity: iOS, Android [Need Prime31 / Easy Mobile / Stans Assets replacement??]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Voxel-Busters, Apr 4, 2015.

?

Do you want to see Windows Mobile support in CPNP? FYI, current market share is less than 3%.

Poll closed Aug 26, 2022.
  1. Ooh la la, Love to see that!

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. I don't give a damn!

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Are you crazy! Who makes games for Windows Mobile.

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. Mikea15

Mikea15

@Voxel Busters
    Hey, so I feel bad because I found the doc in the package and also looked more carefully at the demos.. :) So its alll-right.. :)

I have come up with an issue however. Whenever I reload the scene. NPBinding.Billing is null. Any idea why would this be caused? Has anyone experienced this before? Other than that, everything works fine.

Oh and by, NPBinding.Billing being null, maybe others are too, I'm just using this one for now.

PS: Okay I think I fixes the problem. I instantiate it, and call dont destroy on load, so it persists in between scenes. ;)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  2. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@Mikea15 thats really strange! We are already making call to DontDestroyOnLoad from Awake method of base class. So object shouldn't get destroyed on scene change.

However this issue is possible, if NPBinding is placed under some other gameObject which doesn't survive scene load. If its so, then you can solve it by placing NPBinding object in scene without having any parent node.

3. Mikea15

Mikea15

Yes, this was happening.. I had it under another gameobject. When I'm instantiating it now, its on the root of the hierarchy. :) Thank you :)

I just remembered I saw some errors about facebook ID or facebook SDK appearing once in a while, but I don't recall any setup for facebook. How can I disable this?

4. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Our plugin doesn't include Facebook SDK nor any setup related to Facebook ID. So mostly you are getting those issues from some other plugin.

5. Mikea15

Mikea15

ok, I asked just to be sure. :) Thank you

Voxel-Busters likes this.
  6. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

EXCITING NEWS: SENSIBLE SALE!!!

Our plugin, Cross Platform Native Plugin has been selected by Unity for its Sensible Sale event. Sales will run from 15th Aug - 22nd Aug. And during this period plugin will be sold at 30% off. So please go ahead and upgrade to one of the best native plugins available for Unity.

Adding to it, we have one more good news. Studio has planned to include Amazon Platform support. Currently team is evaluating the work involved and soon we will provide updates about tentative release dates. So keep an eye on this thread for more info.

Thanks
    VB Team

7. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Proud Moment of the Day ;)

Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 1.04.51 am.png

8. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 12.57.45 pm.png
    Guys this is insane! We are now featured as Top Paid asset in Scripting/Integration. Thank you very much for the wonderful love and support that we got from this amazing community :)

Sensible Sale is still on @ Unity Asset Store. So go ahead and upgrade to one of the best native plugins @ lowest price possible ;)

Cromfeli and luniac like this.
  9. zkaiser

zkaiser

Hi all,

Congratulations for your success!!! Great job!!!!

I have a question about webViews. I tested them and I have one question. Is not possible to play youtube videos within a webview???

Thanks in advance.

10. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Thanks @zkaiser :)
    Its possible to play videos from webview. If you are testing on Android, can you please make sure you have hardware acceleration flag on in your root manifest file? This wasn't automated as devs can use any root manifest file.

Code (CSharp):
    1. android:hardwareAccelerated="true"
    2. //Please refer AndroidManifest_root_activity_settings_sample.txt for reference.
    Edit: Incase you are trying to play restricted videos(for ex: VEVO), It won't play as embedded videos on browser because of restrictions from youtube. Those videos will play only in Youtube Player.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  11. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Sorry guys! We couldn't stop ourselves from flaunting this :)

WE ARE FEATURED IN ASSET STORE HOME PAGE
    Screen Shot 2015-09-18 at 2.44.19 pm.png

And this success wouldn't have been possible without your support and cooperation. So thank you very much :) Take a bow!

12. zkaiser

zkaiser

Understood!!! With android:hardwareAccelerated="true" is working now!!!!
    Thank you very much!!

13. Lad-Ty

Lad-Ty

Hi, nice asset, well structured, I really like it so far!
    I would like to ask though, is it possible to make the notifications work even after device reboot? If so, how, if not, do you intend to include this functionality any time soon? Seems like a pretty important thing imo.
    Secondly, do you intend to make an implementation of WP8 api as well?
    And thirdly, would it be possible to provide some simple example+source for server side demonstrating push notifications?

14. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Glad you liked it!
    • is it possible to make the notifications work even after device reboot? - If you mean about remote notifications, Y̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶. Even If app quits, you will receive notifications. But let me have a check once after reboot (on Android. For iOS it works).
    • Do you intend to make an implementation of WP8 api as well? - We have this in the roadmap, but no timeline yet. Currently focusing on Amazon support.
    • Would it be possible to provide some simple example+source for server side demonstrating push notifications? - Yes, we got a bit busy with the support recently and pushed this task further. Let us get its soon(mostly by next week). However, @Cromfeli shared a nice php script earlier which I can forward on his permission.

Update : @Lad Ty On reboot apps aren't able to get the notifications by default android behaviour. Let us add an optional selection to get notification background receiver start on reboot(as this needs extra permission we will make it optional).

Thanks,
    VB Team.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  15. Cromfeli

Cromfeli

"simple example+source for server side demonstrating push notifications"

Attached php script you can use for testing GCM:
    // Title of the notification when drop down menu is opened
    'content_title' => '[Title] Incoming notification title',
    // Text that is shown below the title when dropdown menu is opened
    'content_text' => '[Content] This is the detailed message for user',
    // Ticker is briefly shown at top of screen when notification arrives
    'ticker_text' => '[Ticker] MyApp notification arrived',
    // User info is for custom payload
    'user_info' => $user_info_array,
    // Tag is notification id: new tag is new notification, same tag updates
    'tag' => '123456',
    // What sound sample to play with the notification
    'custom-sound' => 'custom_sound.mp3',
    // What icon to show with notification
    'large-icon' => 'custom_icon.png'

Attached Files:

16. Lad-Ty

Lad-Ty

Regarding the reboot, I meant both local and remote notifications (now experimenting mainly with the local ones); but I guess it will be both affected by the same aspects of android behavior. If you could manage to include the option of restarting after reboot that would be great ;)
    Anyway, thanks for response, and thank you for the example Cromfeli, very much appreciated :)

17. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Ideally there is a slight difference internally. Local Notifications are scheduled with Alarm Manager and on Android scheduled alarms will be cleared on reboot.

Let us add this option as some apps might be very much dependent on Notifications. But this comes with an additional permission request(for listening to Boot_completion event). (its easy to add for remote when compared to local though as local needs complete rescheduling of earlier alarms :oops:)

Thanks Cromfeli for the script :)

18. SoftwareGeezers

SoftwareGeezers

Regards Windows Phone on your roadmap, isn't it more important to work on Windows 10 store support? I'm not sure how Windows on phone works precisely, but it's certainly MS's intention to have a unified executable (option) for apps, and a cross platform tool like Native Plugins covering iOS, Android, and Windows 10, would be a shoe in.

I already have iOS and Android plugins, but a simple unified plugin for store and social is compelling.

19. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Yes you are right! Providing windows support should have been our foremost target. But to be frank, we lack expertise in windows development. So at this moment, we are looking for suitable resources who can assist us with it. And for this reason, we are not disclosing anything until development kicks off. Oops! its not a secret anymore :p

And also, response from community mainly because of Sensible Sale was overwhelming. So definitely, you can expect to see few kickass announcements! (Hint: New features and services coming your way :))Stay tuned

Cromfeli likes this.
  20. Mikea15

Mikea15

Hey @Voxel Busters

Is anyone having problems using the GameCenter? Everything works on the editor, but whenever I put a demo scene on a device, be it android or ios, the game just crashes.
    Here's an example code I'm using on a monobehavior's start method
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if(NPSettings.Application.SupportedFeatures.UsesGameServices)
    2. {
    3.   if( NPBinding.GameServices.IsAvailable() )
    4.   {
    5.     if( !NPBinding.GameServices.LocalUser.IsAuthenticated )
    6.     {
    7.       NPBinding.GameServices.LocalUser.Authenticate((bool _success)=>{
    8.         if (_success)
    9.         {
    10.           Debug.Log("Sign-In Successfully");
    11.           Debug.Log("Local User Details : " + NPBinding.GameServices.LocalUser.ToString());
    12.         }
    13.         else
    14.         {
    15.           Debug.Log("Sign-In Failed");
    16.         }
    17.       });
    18.     }
    19.   }
    20. }
    21. else
    22. {
    23.   Debug.Log("Enable Game services feature in NPSettings.");
    24. }
    Any idea?

21. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@Mikea15 Could you please pass on the log info if any to our support mail?

On Android, Please make sure you entered the Application ID in NPSettings->GameServices->Android section.

22. Mikea15

Mikea15

There is not really any log message or anything. I'm running the demo scene on iphone, and when going to the Game Services, the first two buttons work ( Is game service available => true, Is user authenticated => false ), and when I click Authenticate user, xcode stops with a EXC_BAD_ACCESS. I'm trying to find anything relevant on the logs but there's nothing, sorry :/

Is this working for you? I've already tried to re-import

23. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@Mikea15 Any log on Android at-least to sort out the issue?

We saw some reports about GameCenter being broken on Unity latest versions but to confirm it we need more debug information. What iOS and Xcode you are using? Can you please set Stripping off and enable Development build while exporting to see if any logs on iOS?

For a known issue I just mentioned please check this post.

24. Mikea15

Mikea15

Hey, Funny thing. I had this run with Il2cpp and it did the mentioned above. So I went back to mono, and your demo scene works, although no popup appears to perform the login.

I used my own scene (game), with the code I posted above, and mono ( instead of il2cpp ), and it still crashes at start. Testing it on the editor, the login prompt appears to perform login to game center. This is all weird. I'll continue to try to figure out what's happening.

I'm using the latest version of Unity 5.2.1f1 and Xcode Version 7.0 (7A220).

Also, no debug messages, even without stripping. And I can't test android right now, only later tonight.

25. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Thanks for updating. Please keep us posted if you find any reasons.
    In the post I referred, setting to Il2cpp giving the crash. Not sure if its fixed in the latest version or patches of unity. @ThiagoDeserto : If you have any update on this, can you please post over here?

However, we are coming out of Unity's Game Center implementation on iOS for more control. In new update version we can report error information as well in the callbacks.

ThiagoDeserto likes this.
  26. ThiagoDeserto

ThiagoDeserto

During my tests I could only make it work with mono, but like Mikea15 said no login popup is shown.
    If you are already logged on Gamecenter it works just fine.
    I also tested using default Gamecenter calls from unity and the issue also happens, so looks like it's a problem on Unity, not on Voxel Busters plugin.
    Unity 5.2.1f1 does NOT solve the problem.

27. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Apple's Game Center works in two modes i.e., Production mode and Non-Production (sandbox) environment. As name says it, Production mode is used for live games only whereas for testing, Non-Production mode will be used.

While testing, make sure that you are using sandbox test accounts only. And also in Game Center settings you need to set sandbox mode to ON. For more info, please check this link.

In case if you have missed doing it, then please give it a try. And let us know if you are still facing this issue.

28. LouisHong

LouisHong

Unity is now integrating IAP, any thoughts asset creator?

29. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@IamHD Nice! We are not aware of that. Could you please pass the reference link?

30. Simon_says

Simon_says

When can we expect Game Services tutorial? I'm having some troubles setting up Game Center on iOS.

31. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi,
    All tutorials are accessible over here.
    Please mail to our support if you need any help regarding the usage.

Thanks,
    VB Team.

32. Simon_says

Simon_says

About remote notifications - how do I send one? I see it isn't mentioned anywhere on your blog. I would like to receive a notification on my phone from a cloud.

33. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Regarding Push Notifications, plugin supports client part handling only.

Few of customers have made their own php scripts for handling this. Recently @Cromfeli had shared his script in this forum. Please have a look into it, surely it will help you with testing GCM.

And incase if you don't have a backend team, then you can even consider using BaaS, for eg: Parse.

34. Simon_says

Simon_says

I have checked that php script and I'm getting Unauthorized Error 401 when trying to execute it. Also I don't understand where do I get registrationId. I have my app already registered in Google Developers Console for usage of Google Play Services. Any help/tutorial would be appreciated.

35. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Please have a look into this link, to know about registering for notification service. And if you need any further information, then please let us know.

36. Simon_says

Simon_says

Is there any plan for plugin to fully support push notifications? Like a working example with full documentation for both server-side and client-side integration.

37. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Yes indeed! Our backend team has already started working on push notification service. So in around 3 weeks of time it will rolled out :) Cheers!

Simon_says likes this.
  38. LouisHong

LouisHong

39. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi,
    Thanks for the info. It will be really useful for developers if its official support and covering many platforms. However, We will still maintain our Billing feature for backward compatibility reasons (as/until significant users are on Unity 4.x) to cover majority of unity versions and its simplicity.

Thanks,
    VB Team.

40. Ultrapp

Ultrapp

Hi! i bought this asset....
    I'm trying to use the "Billing system" for Android Game, but I can't find the process of how to do it.

Which I do first?
    -It's necessary to use the system of SOOMLA or not?
    -I make a menu shopping or this asset does it?
    -It is necessary to link information from my game with this asset, what information?
    -There are videos of explanation? ...I don't find any video of this asset, the configuration explanation says that's just not clear to explain how to use it.

I want to buy a menu of virtual money:
    -Group Of coins .......... Usd 2.99 - Contains 2000 coins.
    -Pulled currency ......... Usd 5.99 - Contains 5000 coins.
    -Box Of coins ............. Usd 9.99 - Contains 15,000 coins.
    -Treasure of Coins......Usd 19.99 - Contains 50,000 coins.

It is my first game and everything is really hard to learn the first time ...

Please help !!!! ..... video please !!!

Ariel T.M.

41. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@Arieltm We will help you out. Just sent you a PM about support details. Please ping over our support mail, we will help you out in understanding.

In short,
    Billing feature provides options to purchase both consumable and non-consumable products on iOS & Android platforms. Here is the tutorial link for Billing settings and usage info with source code.

-It's necessary to use the system of SOOMLA or not? - Your inventory system is independent of CPNP's billing. Billing feature is for purchasing the products directly on each platform.
    -I make a menu shopping or this asset does it? - Billing handles native purchasing part.
    -It is necessary to link information from my game with this asset, what information? - Please check Window->VoxelBusters->NativePlugins->NPSettings->Billing inspector. you need to fill in product identifiers you setup in iOS/Google Play dev dashboard.
    -There are videos of explanation? ...I don't find any video of this asset, the configuration explanation says that's just not clear to explain how to use it. - Please follow the tutorial links and mail us when ever you need help in understanding. Setup is straight forward.

All Tutorials

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  42. kurodp

kurodp

@Voxel Busters Hi there. I just bought your plugin yesterday. It was great overall. However, when I intend to use the RateMyApp class, i came across error when building to iOS and Android platform. So far, it works only on Unity Editor. Since i am new to Unity, can you please give me some assistance by giving step by step tutorial in using this feature? Thank you.

PS: I am using Unity 5.1.2 (C#), XCode 6.

43. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi @kurodp ,
    Just sent you a PM for getting more details on the building error you mentioned.

Short Answer : Just enable RateMyApp feature in NPSettings-> Utility-> RateMyApp->IsEnabled, set the settings & drag NPBinding prefab on to your scene hierarchy. Thats it.

Thanks,
    VB Team.

44. plokkum

plokkum

Hi there @Voxel Busters! I'm a very happy paid user (android + ios) since yesterday.
    I do have a question. Before trying to open my in-game store, I want to do a connectivity check. So as soon as I initialize important classes, I initialize NPBinding.NetworkConnectivity.Initialise();

When I call NPBinding.NetworkConnectivity.IsConnected later on, it will always return false (connecting to 8.8.8.8). Pinging 8.8.8.8 reveals that Google's DNS server is up and running. Could you give me some insight into what I might be doing wrong?

45. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi,
    Could you please let me know what device you are on? Recently we got info about samsung (4.3) devices not having ping access for normal user. On Android, in-fact we are using Unity's Ping Class directly.

For this reason in new version, we moved to our own implementation with socket connection for network check on Android.
    I just started a new thread for the discussion. Sent you a PM.

Btw,Thanks for choosing CPNP :)

Thanks,
    VB Team.

46. plokkum

plokkum

Thanks for the fast response, @Voxel Busters! I'm on iOS for this test, actually.

Update: There were no problems with the plugin. It was totally on my side. Awesome fast and helpful response from Voxel Busters!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  47. zkaiser

zkaiser

Hi,
    I´m trying to pick image from camera or from gallery with Media Library but the texture I get is wrong, it is entiry purple texture. Am I doing anything wrong??
    Thanks.

48. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@zkaiser : Any idea what could be the resolution of the image picked? And if any log info, please share. It will be really helpful.

Once we pick image, we apply scale operation on the image. Unity's WWW class is being used to load the final texture. In case if it fails, either red "?" needs to be displayed. So just wondering what can go wrong.

49. zkaiser

zkaiser

I am testing with my device, One Plus One, at 1920x1080 resolution. "?" is not being displayed. Instead is the entiry purple one.

50. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@zkaiser It will be great if you can share complete logcat logs. Could you please?