Search Unity

NATIVE PLUGINS for Unity: iOS, Android [Need Prime31 / Easy Mobile / Stans Assets replacement??]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Voxel-Busters, Apr 4, 2015.

?

Do you want to see Windows Mobile support in CPNP? FYI, current market share is less than 3%.

Poll closed Aug 26, 2022.
  1. Ooh la la, Love to see that!

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. I don't give a damn!

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Are you crazy! Who makes games for Windows Mobile.

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Thanks jprocha101 for believing in our product and purchasing it :)

Currently plugin doesn't support toast messages as there is no iOS equivalent of it. And to be frank, we don't have plans of adding similar platform specific functionalities to CPNP.

Off the top of my head! How about having separate plugin for platform specific functionalities. Any thoughts!

2. jprocha101

jprocha101

@Voxel Busters I actually wrote my own Android plugin for toast messages and dialog messages a while back. I was just wondering if I missed that somewhere in your documentation.

I agree you don't want the asset "fragmented", but I did see at least one iOS specific method that is ignored when called from an Android build :) I guess I am just partial to Android.

3. jprocha101

jprocha101

@Voxel Busters One more question lol. Promise last one for today.

Is there an ETA on the play services integration? I ask because I am getting some errors when trying to compile a project with your asset and this one. There is a conflict converting the classes to dex.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  4. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@jprocha101
    Please make sure you have only one support jar file in your project. As plugins do ship with the required android support jar files (as they need to), there can be a chance where end developer might have multiple plugins using it. Leading to this duplicate class errors.

So keep your android-support-v4.jar to one copy. To make it easier we provided a folder in Assets/Plugins called support_lib. You can just keep your support files there for easy check instead of distributing in all plugins lib folders.

Edit:
    Forgot to tell about Game Services feature release :p. We are aiming to submit to asset store this week with this feature and all bug fixes reported by amazing dev community!
    Thanks,
    VB Team.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    luniac and jprocha101 like this.
  5. MarkVincent

MarkVincent

Hi Voxel Busters,

We bought your plugin because we wanted to integrate some Android Native functions into our VR project. It indeed covers a LOT of native functions out of the box and that is wonderful. Only all of the native windows, pop-ups, pickers and so on are laid over the screen and so useless in VR.

Is it possible to get any of the calls and responses to work in UGUI?

Is it possible to render the webview to a texture? I can't find any documentation on the webview. And if so, can I read variables from the rendered webpage?

Thanks

6. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@MarkVincent Unfortunately, Native features support which has UI, doesn't go well with VR (stereo rendering). As, it has a different workflow technically. CPNP doesn't support rendering Webview to texture either.

We updated the missing documentation for Webview.
    Please let us know if you any questions.

7. luniac

luniac

Hows the gamecenter/google play integration coming along?

8. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@luniac
    We are in the process of submission and it will be available with in 5 business days. Will soon update with the release notes and functionalities covered in Game Services feature.

luniac and jprocha101 like this.
  9. shoni-wheeler

shoni-wheeler

Hi,

Just tried your lite version, as I am interested in Ios Address book.
    I need to get address details from contacts and add new contact. is this something your full version can help with.

Regards
    John

10. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hello @shoni,

Both Lite and Full version of plugin allows accessing contact information only. So currently adding new contact info isn't possible in either versions.

Surely we will consider this request and will try to include it in future version :)

11. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    luniac and Cromfeli like this.
  12. jprocha101

jprocha101

I have been setting up the games services with the new update. It is not very intuitive as to how to set it up. I am going through the demo scene but that has a lot of extra stuff in there as far as simulating a user goes. I think I have it figured out for the most part but it took some critical thinking. The documentation online looks incomplete and the PDF with the asset is is in alphabetical order so you can't really just look at the game services methods.

Also, are you going to have a tutorial on setting up the editor to simulate game services? I can mess around with it but I am not sure exactly where I need to be entering the information. It would be nice to have one place to enter achievements/leaderboards and that applies towards the simulation and the actual build. Right now it looks as though they are separate and one has data created in the simulation, but correct me if I am wrong.

One last thing not related to only games services. The simulation UI is click through, meaning if I have a button beneath the simulation button then clicking the simulation button also triggers the button on my UI. Not a big deal in most cases, but just wanted to make you guys aware of it.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    luniac likes this.
  13. zkaiser

zkaiser

Hi,
    I have a question. It is possible that an app user send remote notification to another user (one to one)?? And One-to-Multiple??

Thanks in advance

14. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi @jprocha101

Thanks for your feedback. Soon we will setup tutorials for easy understanding about functionalities provided by Game Services.

Before using Game Services feature, firstly enable this feature in NPSettings(ApplicationSettings->Supported features) followed by set the client id(Required for Android) in Game Services settings within NPSettings panel.

Now you are ready to use Game Services feature. Only reason for not maintaining leaderboard and achievement info in client side is because it forces user to release a new update whenever there is a change. So we left this decision to user for managing and mapping leaderboard, achievement information.

And finally regarding editor simulation, select Editor Game Center from menu (Windows->Voxel Busters->Native Plugins) and fill in achievement description and leaderboard information. Now once you have set these values, you are ready to use simulation.

jprocha101 likes this.
  15. luniac

luniac

Just purchased your plugin, cheers :)

I'm maintaining leaderboard/achievement info on client side so do i just make a variable to store the ID's?
    Having local info tutorial would be cool.

I just want to implement the most basic functionality. A leaderboard button that loads the leaderboard. In another part of my game i can submit score after game over. Should I auto login the user into gamecenter/google play on startup? im not sure what the standard way of doing this is.

16. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hello @luniac

Thanks for the purchase :)

Using leaderboard/achievement functionality is fairly simple. Just maintain leaderboard/achievement id information in the client application (by storing it in variables) and provide this platform specific id info, for making leaderboard/achievement requests.

Please check the demo scene provided along with our plugin, for understanding API usage related to leaderboard as well as achievement features. Soon we will set up tutorials for the same.

17. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

NEW UPDATES RELEASED!!!
    CPNP v1.1 is now available for download @ Unity Asset Store.

New Features:
    - Game Services feature: Game application will make use Game Center, Google Play Services in iOS, Android platforms respectively for accessing Leaderboard, Achievement, Score functionalities.

Feature Request:
    - Added repeat functionality for Notifications. (Request: ksolo)
    - Added launch notifications support. (Request: notnotalan)

Bug fixes:
    - [iOS] Notification payload format change.
    - [iOS] Fixed device auto-rotation bug. Thanks Roman, Raphael for reporting!
    - [Android] Small icon for notifications selectable from inspector.
    - [Android] Removed conflicts with other plugins regarding Billing interface.
    - [Android] Cancel Notification, Local Notification bug fixes. Thanks Craig for reporting!
    - [Android] Restore transaction state fix. Thanks notnotalan for reporting!
    - [Android] Added support for billing items more than 20. Thanks notnotalan for reporting!

Important: Delete package folders before updating.

Cromfeli likes this.
  18. luniac

luniac

hmm the tour thing shows an isDebugToggle in Application setting but i don't see that checkbox.

19. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@luniac thanks for pointing it out. Forgot to mention that, few versions back we had removed IsDebug toggle button from Application Settings. And in place of that, Unity's IsDebugBuild flag is used for checking if its debug mode or not. Over this weekend we will update tutorial contents.

And if you need any further info, then please feel free to contact us.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  20. luniac

luniac

I seem to be having some issues with plugin importing.
    When i imported plugin it deleted all existing subfolders from other plugins in my plugins folder, and put the voxelbusters folder in there.
    I tried again with a backup project and tried to import again and this time it didn't delete my subfolders, but then i closed unity and opened it again and its stuck on "importing small assets" forever. I'm gonna leave it maybe its just taking a long time, but seems strange.

does the plugin greatly increase reimporting assets time? it does have a lot of functionality.

using Unity 5.1.2f

21. Connor_13_

Connor_13_

I currently use Easy Cross Platform Notifications for remote push notifications. I have read the documentation for this asset but I do not see any information regarding HOW notifications are set up. I would like to compare this product's notifications to ECPN's notifications before I purchase. Can anyone reply with a brief overview of the process? Do I need to compile a Java jar file? Are PHP files for my web server provided? Where do I enter credentials? Do I need to edit any source scripts?

Thanks

22. luniac

luniac

I updated my plugins in the plugins folder to new versions and deleted my screenshot plugin completely. I ran "reimport all" from the assets menu, and tried to import the package from the asset store asset store.

This is all i had in my plugins folder:
    before.PNG

When finished importing i got GUID errors as if i already imported the package before even though i never did!? 500+ warnings!

And then it automatically started importing small assets and it's just stuck:
    stuck.PNG

So far im just letting it continue importing... maybe a few hours later itll finish? I never had this issue with any plugin before, its really really strange :oops: o_O

i was excited to start getting sharing and leaderboards integrated :)

I can send you my project if you'd like, perhaps you can figure out the issue then.

23. Connor_13_

Connor_13_

@luniac He does say "Important: Delete package folders before updating." above. To me, as a non-user, that means delete the VoxelBusters folder... Did you do that and import?

24. luniac

luniac

This is a first time install, i just bought the package.

25. luniac

luniac

WOW so this is what finally allowed me to import.

I exported my whole project as a package and imported into a new project, then i imported the nativeplugins package and even though it gave me some meta warnings and 1 error everything imported.

26. jprocha101

jprocha101

27. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Guys! We are back from our vacation :cool:. Sorry for late replies, Its been more than 6 months we stepped out :D

@Connor_13_ Sent you a reply over email.

@Connor_13_ @luniac We will try to add a helper(which deletes all folders related to CPNP) for this in the coming versions. Unity editor is a little annoying when importing existing files. So its better if we delete the previous plugin folders incase of any update.

Currently, You need to delete following folders before updating.

Assets/Plugins/Android/native_plugins_lib
    Assets/VoxelBusters (Contains - Common, DebugPro and NativePlugins)
    - Common is a library folder we use for all of our plugins (Even Runtime Serialization uses same)

@jprocha101 Thanks for keeping us moving and support. We will prepare a small list in a week which is requested most from past few months. Currently we are fixing few issues related to Game Services and done with Windows compilation fixes.[/USER]

28. zkaiser

zkaiser

Hi all,

I have remote notifications almost working, when I send a notification to one registered device, with the app opened I receive DidReceiveRemoteNotificationEvent, but with the app closed I don´t receive any notification in the devices notification panel. Do you know what can be happening??

Thanks

29. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@zkaiser Are you sure you called "RegisterNotificationTypes" with Alert/Sound?
    If you do so, It should be fine showing the alert in the notification bar. And also please let us know if your app shows the notifications when your app is in background or not?

30. zkaiser

zkaiser

@Voxel Busters Yes, I was using RemoteNotificationDemo.unity scene to test and in RemoteNotificationTest,cs that was done. I didn´t chage line:
    NPBinding.NotificationService.RegisterNotificationTypes(m_notificationType);
    And the notification still not appearing :(

Edit:
    I also try NPBinding.NotificationService.RegisterNotificationTypes(NotificationType.Alert | NotificationType.Badge | NotificationType.Sound); with the same result.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  31. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@zkaiser Could you please confirm if you see main demo scene is having the same scenario? (recently I didn't remember updating RemoteNotificationDemo.unity after recent changes - thanks for getting to our notice.)

I will PM you with our support email so that its easy to carry forward it quickly.

Edit: Unable to PM you. As its saying i'm not allowed. Please ping us over support@voxelbusters.com

zkaiser likes this.
  32. luniac

luniac

(also posted on voxel forum)
    Hi,

In your readme for android it mentions:
    Integration: Once after importing the package, Just add NPBinding prefab to your hierarchy.
    For Android : Read for required flags in your Root Manifest in NativePluginsAndroidReadMe.txt file.

I see many android manifest files in each subfolder of the plugin, which file the Root Manifest?

Also if im just implementing Sharing and Leaderboards, this means i don't have to touch the manifest?
    Does the plugin automatically put the bundle_id from player setting into it? or do i have to do it to the root manifest.

I suck at integrating plugins, looking forward to your tutorials :)
    I wann get Sharing and Leaderboards implemented as fast as possible.

also i see in editor GameCenter settings, what is that for exactly? cause in demo scene the game services prefab shows input for google and apple leaderboard ids. The editor gamecenter settings doesn't specify a platform, it just says "registered users" list, and "leaderboard" list but not what platform it's for. How does this work?

Also does the plugin open native game services login view? like if im on android will it open a google play game services native login window?

I also don't have any achievements so i don't need to have any to work with leaderboards only right?

Also i see in the demo scripts "#region" definitions. I never used those, are they necessary?

I need you to hold my hand with this stuff :oops:
    im looking at the demo scene and scripts, doing my best to understand the workflow of this great plugin :)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  33. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@luniac Please check our forum for the detailed answer.
    In short, You don't need to edit/create any manifest files of our plugin manually. Our plugin will update/gets created automatically once you make any changes to NPSettings. It creates its own required permissions based on features selected.

However, as we don't touch your root manifest, there are couple of flags(for enabling hardware rendering and passing touches) which need to be added for Multimedia and Webview features. This can't be avoid as these needs to be in root manifest file of your project.

More in our forum response :)

34. jprocha101

jprocha101

35. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@jprocha101 : We use Youtube API's internally only to play videos on Android. As it provides better interface when compared to a embedded video. To use this just set your youtube API key in NPSettings.

jprocha101 likes this.
  36. rainisto

rainisto

Thanks for the plugin, bought the full version. Would really love to get good tutorials, having rather much difficulties in getting the billing system working.

I've set up my non-consumables on iTunes connect, but when I try to buy them, I get "transaction finished event [BillingTransaction: ProductIdentifier=no_ads, TransactionDateUTC=1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM, TransactionDateLocal=1/1/0001 2:00:00 AM, TransactionIdentifier=, TransactionReceipt=, TransactionState=FAILED, VerificationState=NOT_CHECKED, Error=Product ID isn't registered]"

I cannot really find from the documentation what does this mean ... a) it shouldn't work in the editor, b) the product ID is wrong (but it isn't), c) I need to register something (what?).

Better documentation, please. :)

37. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@rainisto
    Thanks for the purchase.

Quick Steps for Billing Feature:
    1. Once after creating product identifiers, fill them in NPSettings->Billing Settings->Products
    2. Register for required events.
    3. Call RequestForBillingProducts from code to fetch the required details.
    4. Buy the product.

Please check this tutorial for detailed explanation.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  38. rainisto

rainisto

Ah, thanks for the super quick reply. I missed step 3) and the error message threw me off. Now it seems to work, thank you! (Need to try it on the device of course.)

Voxel-Busters likes this.
  39. rainisto

rainisto

Sorry for bothering, but I've got another problem, this time with my Windows Store / WP8.1 build.

The project builds fine onto iOS, but with exactly the same project when I try to build for WP8.1, I almost right away get a

Assets\VoxelBusters\DebugPRO\Scripts\Datatypes\ConsoleLog\ConsoleLog.cs(150,58): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'StackTrace' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Diagnostics' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Error building Player because scripts had compiler errors

error. Am I missing something obvious?

40. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@rainisto
    Please PM us with your email id, we yet to push the windows fixes. We will send you the updated code.

41. jprocha101

jprocha101

42. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

We are really flattered ;) Thank you so much for being so nice. And wishing you all the best for your game :)

jprocha101 likes this.
  43. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Screen Shot 2015-09-05 at 4.28.03 pm.png

Wow this is amazing!!! We made it to the Top 5 Paid assets under Scripting/Integration. Thank you very much for the wonderful support we got from this awesome community. And please continue showing the same love and support.

And lastly, if you liked this product then rate us @ Unity Asset Store and let others know about this cool new product ;)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  44. Mikea15

Mikea15

Hello @Voxel Busters I've just purchased the CrossPlatfrom Ultra, and so far everything seems promissing, both in code organization, settings, and folder structures. Nothing seems to mess up with my project. The Doc website is pretty good, but I feel you're missing a lot of information. Information I have to dig in, by looking at the code and assuming it works that way.

When are you planning on creating sample codes, or tutorials for each feature? This is as important as having a good product. Thank you. :)

45. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@Mikea15 Glad you liked the product :)
    You check the tutorials pages here which has sample code almost for each method. Is that what you are looking at?

46. Mikea15

Mikea15

Yeah, this is what I was looking for, thank you :) You should export all those in PDF and have them included in the unity package ;) ( suggestion )

47. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Sure, we can try to do that if it helps!

48. Mikea15

Mikea15

It's just a matter of having all the information there if needed. :) It would help, for me, but Its no impediment, so I'm fine :D

49. mimminito

mimminito

Can your send email feature add in CC and BCC addresses?

50. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi @mimminito
    Currently it fills only TO field. However, that shouldn't be tough to add it. We will see possibility on both platforms and update on it.

Thanks,
    VB Team.

mimminito likes this.