Search Unity

NATIVE PLUGINS for Unity: iOS, Android [Need Prime31 / Easy Mobile / Stans Assets replacement??]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Voxel-Busters, Apr 4, 2015.

?

Do you want to see Windows Mobile support in CPNP? FYI, current market share is less than 3%.

Poll closed Aug 26, 2022.
  1. Ooh la la, Love to see that!

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. I don't give a damn!

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Are you crazy! Who makes games for Windows Mobile.

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. andre-summit

andre-summit

Hi, we are getting this when calling LoadImage for address book contacts in the free version of the plugin (v2.0.3) Unity 2020.2.1f1:

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2.   at VoxelBusters.CoreLibrary.NativePlugins.Android.NativeAndroidJavaObjectWrapper.Call (System.String methodName, System.Object[] args) [0x00018] in D:\Projects\linkvrapp\Assets\Plugins\VoxelBusters\NativePlugins\Scripts\Runtime\Android\Common\NativeAndroidJavaObjectWrapper.cs:77
    3.   at VoxelBusters.CoreLibrary.NativePlugins.Android.NativeAsset.Load (VoxelBusters.CoreLibrary.NativePlugins.Android.NativeLoadAssetListener listener) [0x00001] in D:\Projects\linkvrapp\Assets\Plugins\VoxelBusters\NativePlugins\Scripts\Runtime\Android\NativeAsset.cs:45
    4.   at VoxelBusters.EssentialKit.AddressBookCore.Android.AddressBookContact.LoadImageInternal (VoxelBusters.EssentialKit.LoadImageInternalCallback callback) [0x0000e] in D:\Projects\linkvrapp\Assets\Plugins\VoxelBusters\EssentialKit\Scripts\Runtime\Android\AddressBook\AddressBookContact.cs:61
    5.   at VoxelBusters.EssentialKit.AddressBookCore.AddressBookContactBase.LoadImage (VoxelBusters.CoreLibrary.EventCallback`1[TResult] callback) [0x00056] in D:\Projects\linkvrapp\Assets\Plugins\VoxelBusters\EssentialKit\Scripts\Runtime\Core\AddressBook\AddressBookContactBase.cs:110

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  2. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Agreed. We are maintaining same source for both free and paid where free version will be stripped manually until now.
    However, we have a new workflow which makes sure the problems you see now won't exist in next version.

ROBYER1 likes this.
  3. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi,
    There might be a conflict with a similar class name within your project.

Can you please ping us on discord support once? Our team will be happy to look into the issue.

4. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Did you enable stripping in player preferences. Can you please set to low anf give a try?
    Also, Can you please ping us on discord support once? Our team will be happy to look into the issue.

5. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

This is a known issue. We currently have a new activity for webview and unity gets paused as soon as you open a webview. We are working on a solution where webview gets closed on encountering a scheme.

However, ideally we will be implementing a different solution for more control(making sure unity won't pause while webview is active) in future versions.

6. andre-summit

andre-summit

Thanks for the quick reply! Stripping level is set to Disabled, also tried Low and Medium, same result. Posted to Discord.

7. Cuicui_Studios

Cuicui_Studios

Hi, what's the discord server? Where can we find you?
    Thanks

8. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Please click on support link in the product description of our product on Asset Store.

9. jaydelalma

jaydelalma

Hi,

I am trying to play a video in fullscreen mode using the webview feature but it doesn't seem to work. Is it even possible to do it ? In android studio there are options, but I'd rather use your plugin because of other things that I preffer.

10. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Ideally, It should be playable. Do you get any black screen and only audio? Please contact our support team on discord to assist you.

Thanks,
    VB Team

11. jaydelalma

jaydelalma

I can't seem to be able to get on discord, I will try again later.

I don't get any black screen, the video plays, just not in fullscreen. The button doesn't do anything, requestFullscreen() doesn't do anything. Normally, I'd just make the video 100% width and heigth but I'm building an app in portrait and I want the video to play fullscreen in landscape.

12. Tony-Lovell

Tony-Lovell

I see some good stuff in here, but hope to be able to read phone state, answer incoming calls, place outgoing calls, read texts, receive texts, send texts, etc. Unity can/should be better at making cross-platform general app development a single development process.

tone

ROBYER1 likes this.
  13. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

We need to support custom view for this requirement probably. Our team will look into it to support full screen.

14. username132323232

username132323232

What does the "Reset Simulator" button in Notification Services do? Sorry, could not find anything in the documentation.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  15. username132323232

username132323232

Can I use a push notification to open a youtube video?

16. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

It just clears off any data related to notification simulator on editor. For example permissions (alert setting).

17. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Can you please share us a reference? You want to open directly from notification?

18. username132323232

username132323232

Would prefer to open a video or just a webpage from a notification directly. Is that possible on Android?

19. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Our plugin doesn't support this functionality. We open the app directly on clicking the notification and an event is sent through your callbacks.

20. username132323232

username132323232

Would it be possible to open a specific view inside the app (as in "deep linking") from a push notification?

21. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Unfortunately, thats not possible with the plugin. Plugin notification opens the app on direct click. If you have any reference about how it works, please share us to have a look.

However, you can open the link as we pass you the callback on launch.

22. jjevol2

jjevol2

IOS crashes when the notification service is enabled in settings and Firebase SDK is used.

23. pikychu

pikychu

Hi.
    I upgraded from version1 to 2.
    I want to migrate the data in the npsettings.assets file. tell me how

Renaming to EssentialKitSettings.asset does not work.
    Import setting menu was a function to import a .json file. I only have 'npsettings.assets' file

24. dimmduh1

dimmduh1

Crash on latest version
    Code (CSharp):
    1. java.lang.NullPointerException: GoogleSignInAccount must not be null
    2.     at com.google.android.gms.common.internal.Preconditions.checkNotNull(com.google.android.gms:play-services-basement@@17.6.0:2)
    3.     at com.google.android.gms.games.Games.getAchievementsClient(com.google.android.gms:play-services-games@@21.0.0:41)
    4.     at com.voxelbusters.android.essentialkit.features.gameservices.GameAchievement.<init>(GameAchievement.java:31)
    5.     at com.voxelbusters.android.essentialkit.features.gameservices.GameAchievement.<init>(GameAchievement.java:21)
    6.     at com.voxelbusters.android.essentialkit.features.gameservices.GameAchievement$Builder.build(GameAchievement.java:250)
    7.     at com.voxelbusters.android.essentialkit.features.gameservices.GameAchievements$1.onComplete(GameAchievements.java:56)
    8.     at com.google.android.gms.tasks.zzi.run(com.google.android.gms:play-services-tasks@@17.2.1:1)
    9.     at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:790)
    10.     at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
    11.     at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:214)
    12.     at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6977)
    13.     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    14.     at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:528)
    15.     at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:910)

25. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Can you please share a screenshot of your Assets/Plugins/Android folder to check what versions exist?

26. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Can you pass me the npsettings.asset file (most likely its in yaml, will convert it to json) to send you the json so that you can import it directly.

27. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Can you please give us more details? We don't use FCM on iOS but only on Android.

28. dimmduh1

dimmduh1

it's on phones without google services.
    Also when google play games is not installed - it's spam popups to install.

29. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Installation prompt should happen only on calling authenticate. We don't have a non-google play device currently, can you please share a video of the behaviour once to have a check?

30. dimmduh1

dimmduh1

it's lame that you do not have device to test your own plugin.
    Many crashes with your plugin on Chinese devices.

Sorry. Unfortunately, we already deleted your cloud saves and replaced google services library with default. Can not wait so long.

31. personalnadir

personalnadir

Just imported the package and got the following message:

Failed to install CocoaPods for the current user.

It will not be possible to install Cocoapods in the generated Xcode project which will result in link errors when building your application.

For more information see:
    https://guides.cocoapods.org/using/getting-started.html

'gem install cocoapods ' failed with code (1):

ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::FilePermissionError)
    You don't have write permissions for the /Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0 directory.​
    Is there something I need to do to correct this?

32. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Ideally its not exactly from the plugin but from "External dependency manager" maintained by google.
    We use it on Android to resolve the libraries to avoid conflicts with other plugins. Else, each plugin needs to ship their own android library which leads to conflicts when more than one plugin is installed.

However, we don't need it or use it on iOS. So you can safely disable it from Top menu bar -> External Dependency Manager -> iOS Resolver (uncheck auto install cocoapod tools / pod file generation)

Please let us know if you are still facing any problems.

33. garamanx

garamanx

I need to show the device camera feed on screen (like with the Webcam class) and flashlight/torch function at the same time. How can i do it with your asset? Thank you very much in advance!

34. jjevol2

jjevol2

A problem occurs when installing and using the Firebase SDK. It's not a crash on an Android phone, but a similar problem occurs. Firebase Message SDK's event receiver works only if you don't use the native plugin's push settings. This made it difficult to use the local push function in native cross-platform. Can't it be used separately so that it doesn't conflict with third-party SDKs?

35. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Something we are missing here. Can you please share us a complete logcat log in development mode once after the issue happens or pass an apk with our NotificationServicesDemo scene alone to have a look?

36. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Camera feed is not available in the plugin. Currently only camera picture capture is allowed. We will have a note of it.

37. Gamrek

Gamrek

Hello,

I am using the "Rate My App" feature from your plugin.

And I notice it is using a black Unity canvas to show the "Confirm Dialog" instead of the native UI dialog. Is it because I have disable the Native UI section (in blue box)? Also, is there anyway to change the text at runtime if I want to do localisation (different languages) for this dialog?

If I want to use the native UI dialog, do I need to enable Native UI dialog and create a native dialog myself? If so how can I use the information/setting I have in the green box?

Screenshot 2021-07-26 at 08.04.31.png

38. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

It should show up the native one. May I know on which platform you are on?

39. Gamrek

Gamrek

I am using Android. Do I need to enable the native UI in order to show up the native dialogue?

40. Gamrek

Gamrek

Hello, I turned "Native UI" Option on settings and it shows native popup now. Now my only question is, how can I change the text of the native popup so I can localise it into different languages?

41. blackPaper333

blackPaper333

I tested the demo first to use the Sharing Services function.
    I tried to share text or screenshots on twitter in the demo
    However, Unity app is forcibly closed after tweeting in the twitter app.

Create an empty project and import only the Cross Platform Essential Kit
    Build and test.

Can you tell me what is wrong?

Scenes used:
    Assets/Plugins/VoxelBusters/EssentialKit/Scenes/Demo/ShareSheetDemo.unity

Test in the demo:
    1. select componet twitter
    2. SocialShareComposer.CreateInstance()
    3. Press SetText() button
    4. Press Show() button
    5. twitter app launched
    6. Press Tweet button
    7. Unity app force quit

Unity Version: 2019.4.28f1
    Platform: Android
    Minium API Level: API Level 21
    Target API Level: Automatic
    Managed Stripping Level: Medium
    Package: Cross Platform Essential Kit
    Version 2.0.4

Note the error message:
    3652 7758 D GameManagerService: identifyGamePackage. com.example.project
    3652 7758 D GamePkgDataHelper: getGamePkgData(). com.example.project
    20826 20826 D AndroidRuntime: Shutting down VM
    3652 7758 D GameManagerService: identifyGamePackage. com.example.project
    20826 20826 E AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
    20826 20826 E AndroidRuntime: Process: com.example.project, PID: 20826
    20826 20826 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failure delivering result ResultInfo{who=android:fragment:0, request=0, result=-1, data=Intent { (has extras) }} to activity {com.example.project/com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity}: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: length=4; index=-1
    20826 20826 E AndroidRuntime: at android.app.ActivityThread.deliverResults(ActivityThread.java:4491)
    20826 20826 E AndroidRuntime: at android.app.ActivityThread.handleSendResult(ActivityThread.java:4534)
    20826 20826 E AndroidRuntime: at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap20(Unknown Source:0)
    20826 20826 E AndroidRuntime: at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1752)
    20826 20826 E AndroidRuntime: at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:105)
    20826 20826 E AndroidRuntime: at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:164)
    20826 20826 E AndroidRuntime: at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6944)
    20826 20826 E AndroidRuntime: at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    20826 20826 E AndroidRuntime: at com.android.internal.os.Zygote$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Zygote.java:327)
    20826 20826 E AndroidRuntime: at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1374)
    20826 20826 E AndroidRuntime: Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: length=4; index=-1
    20826 20826 E AndroidRuntime: at com.voxelbusters.android.essentialkit.features.sharingservices.SocialShareComposer$2.onResult(SocialShareComposer.java:107)
    20826 20826 E AndroidRuntime: at com.voxelbusters.android.essentialkit.common.ConnectorFragment.onActivityResult(ConnectorFragment.java:82)
    20826 20826 E AndroidRuntime: at android.app.Activity.dispatchActivityResult(Activity.java:7626)
    20826 20826 E AndroidRuntime: at android.app.ActivityThread.deliverResults(ActivityThread.java:4487)

42. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

As of now there is no way to auto localize it but you need to set the strings based on the language. Please stay tuned for localization support in coming versions. We have it in our radar.

43. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

This is a known issue and got resolved which you can see in upcoming version. Please contact our team on discord for the patch.

44. tchetser

tchetser

Hello! I'm trying to build my project in xcode. But after importing the plugin I get errors. Unity build was succesfull.

Attached Files:

• 5555.png
      5555.png
      File size:
      470.7 KB
      Views:
  45. Osabdelnaby

Osabdelnaby

is there a way to delete all the cloud saving (reset progress) ?

46. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Call GetSnapshot where you get complete data and run Remove on each key.

47. GDGames0302

GDGames0302

Hi. I just bought your asset from the asset store. In my game, I'm using Cloud Save and one leaderboard and it is a Android only game. The game is currently in the review phase, so I haven't tested the final result. In my prelaunch report, I got a lot of warnings for unsupported API. Some of them(10 in total):
    API
    Ljava/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup;-><init>(Ljava/lang/Class;I)V
    Stack trace #1
    StrictMode policy violation: android.os.strictmode.NonSdkApiUsedViolation: Ljava/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup;-><init>(Ljava/lang/Class;I)V
    Stack trace #2
    StrictMode policy violation: android.os.strictmode.NonSdkApiUsedViolation: Ljava/lang/invoke/MethodHandles$Lookup;-><init>(Ljava/lang/Class;I)V

Another one:
    API
    Landroid/content/Context;->bindServiceAsUser(Landroid/content/Intent;Landroid/content/ServiceConnection;ILandroid/os/Handler;Landroid/os/UserHandle;)Z
    Stack trace #1
    StrictMode policy violation: android.os.strictmode.NonSdkApiUsedViolation: Landroid/content/Context;->bindServiceAsUser(Landroid/content/Intent;Landroid/content/ServiceConnection;ILandroid/os/Handler;Landroid/os/UserHandle;)Z

Are these created by this asset (I'm not using any other asset from the asset store or from any other sources) or by stuff like SDK, NDK, JDK ?
    Should I ignore these warnings?
    Any advice is welcome.
    I will update this post when the game is published.
    Thank you for everything!

48. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

I see above errors might be from Unity internal api's. I don't see any overlapping methods w.r.t our plugin. However, if you see any problems, please report us.

49. Osabdelnaby

Osabdelnaby

When I try to use load next I get same 25 entry as the first one (android)

Code (CSharp):
    1. leaderboard.LoadTopScores((result, error));
    2. leaderboard.LoadNext((result1, error));
    4. result = result1 (same values )
    so how to fix it ?

50. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

LoadTopScores and LoadNext are async calls. On completion of LoadTopScores only you can call LoadNext.

If you don't wait for the callback, LoadNext doesn't have any prior buffer so it just considers it needs to load from start. If you wait for LoadTopScores callback, as the buffer has data that it loaded some results, LoadNext will load the next set.

Please try placing LoadNext in the callback of LoadTopScores and let us know if you still see an issue.