Search Unity

NATIVE PLUGINS for Unity: iOS, Android [Need Prime31 / Easy Mobile / Stans Assets replacement??]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Voxel-Busters, Apr 4, 2015.

?

Do you want to see Windows Mobile support in CPNP? FYI, current market share is less than 3%.

Poll closed Aug 26, 2022.
  1. Ooh la la, Love to see that!

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. I don't give a damn!

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Are you crazy! Who makes games for Windows Mobile.

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. jGate99

jGate99

Sure, please also mention whats the difference between current and new, to convince existing users to upgrade (im already convinced)
    how 2.0 is going to make life easier, and whether it supports Unity 2020.1+2 or not

Voxel-Busters likes this.
  2. jGate99

jGate99

@Voxel-Busters
    Hi , when existing users will see upgrade price for 2.0?

3. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Should be up in a while!

jGate99 likes this.
  4. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

V2.0 is out now! It's Cross Platform Native Plugins 2.0 : Essential Kit

V2.0 offers much better workflow, new features and will be updated periodically. It's totally re-written from scratch for better performance and modified api for better extensibility. We considered the feedback provided by you and redesigned the API and workflows for a better experience.

Going further, Our new version 2.0 will be having an upgrade price while offering a huge discount of > 50% for our existing users. This helps us in planning periodic updates, better support and new features.

New support will be on Discord (which is requested by many of you) and we tried to automate as much as possible to have smooth integration.

There are some minor api changes and namespace change which should be straight forward. Existing users can plan for the upgrade and let us know if you have any difficulties integrating.

We will deprecate old package soon in favour of V2.0.

From past 5 years we offered free upgrades and we are pushing our limits to make this product to have a better future. Thanks a lot guys for supporting all of our products!

Cheers,
    VB Team

5. aholla

aholla

Hi, im interested in buying your asset but have a question first.

Im mainly interested due to the Share functionality, in particular, I want to share to Facebook. I would like to share a video and some text to facebook.

Is this possible?

I also see the note that states the plugin does not include the Facebook SDK. Does this mean, i have to include it manually or that your plugin does not need it.

Thanks,

Adam

6. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Thanks for contacting us.

Pre-Filled Text sharing is against the Facebook policy (2.3), so its not available in the plugin.

We don't use Facebook SDK with in our plugin but we use a generic way of sharing the content. So these features comes with out the use of FB SDK.

We currently have only Texture and Screenshot sharing for Facebook and soon we add for video too.
    Please check this tutorial for more details.

Thanks,
    VB Team

aholla likes this.
  7. xAvatarchikx

xAvatarchikx

8. unity_irKWICflbhU3eA

unity_irKWICflbhU3eA

Hi!

We’ve discovered your plug-in for Unity and would like to propose a collaboration. Could you please tell me how I can contact you to discuss all the details and give you a more prominent idea of what we have in mind?

Regards

9. bchancellor

bchancellor

Hi, I have a few questions about the assets features. Does this plugin allow for our app to request the users email address and their phone number?

Thanks

10. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

I sent you a pm.

11. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Yes, it does. We have AddressBook feature in the plugin which can request the user's contacts.
    Screenshot-AddressBook.png

12. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

We are on it. We get you the update on Discord!

13. bo_rn

bo_rn

Hi! I am trying to use RateMyApp on Android. Everything works fine in the Unity editor: a modal window is displayed with an offer to rate the application, next opened google play url. On Android, there is no reaction to rate button presses.

14. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Date Picker along with Time Picker is available in 2.0.1 and is under review on Asset store.

15. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Version 1 or Version 2?

16. bo_rn

bo_rn

Version 2.0 (last update)

17. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

If you used internal sharing for distributing the apk, Posting is disabled. Please update to 2.0.1 version where we used latest library recently released from Android.
    Here is the upgrade guide for version 2.0.1

If you still see an issue please ping us on discord to have a look.

Thanks,
    VB Team

18. bo_rn

bo_rn

The problem persists in version 2.0.1. The release version also has a problem.

19. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi,
    I'm not sure if you contact our support team on discord but just wanted to check if you are still facing the issue.

Thanks,
    VB Team

20. tgrayston

tgrayston

21. Timmy-Hsu

Timmy-Hsu

Hi,

Could you add a feature about Vibrate?
    Vibrate feature can adjust time and effect.

22. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Nope. Unfortunately, thats something not much requested. But it will be covered once we have the Unity IAP wrapper linked with the plugin.

23. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

It would be great if you can add more details about the expectation in the feedback channel on our discord support.

24. Timmy-Hsu

Timmy-Hsu

Thanks for replay.
    We find a Vibration plugin on assetstore, will try it first.

25. Alex1678

Alex1678

@Voxel-Busters I have Cross Platform Native Plugins Version 1.5.7p3. I'm using Unity 2020.2.2f1 and I get this error:
    Unable to find explicit activity class {com.twosixsevenindustries.kathie/com.voxelbusters.nativeplugins.features.sharing.SharingActivity

This is the AndroidManifest
    Code (Boo):
    1. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    2. <!--AUTO GENERATED MANIFEST FILE FROM AndroidManifestGenerator. DONT MODIFY HERE.-->
    3. <manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" package="com.voxelbusters.androidnativeplugin" android:versionCode="1" android:versionName="1.0">
    4.   <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="14" android:targetSdkVersion="26" />
    5.   <application>
    6.     <!--Sharing-->
    7.     <activity android:name="com.voxelbusters.nativeplugins.features.sharing.SharingActivity" android:theme="@style/FloatingActivityTheme" />
    8.     <!--Media Library : For custom camera access-->
    9.     <activity android:name="com.voxelbusters.nativeplugins.features.medialibrary.CameraActivity" android:theme="@style/FloatingActivityTheme" />
    10.     <!--UI  : Generic helper activity for launching Dialogs-->
    11.     <activity android:name="com.voxelbusters.nativeplugins.features.ui.UiActivity" android:theme="@style/FloatingActivityTheme" />
    12.     <!--Game Play Services helper activity-->
    13.     <activity android:name="com.voxelbusters.nativeplugins.helpers.PermissionRequestActivity" android:theme="@style/FloatingActivityTheme" />
    14.     <!--Custom File Provider. Sharing from internal folders  "com.voxelbusters.nativeplugins.extensions.FileProviderExtended"-->
    15.     <provider android:name="com.voxelbusters.nativeplugins.extensions.FileProviderExtended" android:authorities="com.twosixsevenindustries.kathie.fileprovider" android:exported="false" android:grantUriPermissions="true">
    16.       <meta-data android:name="android.support.FILE_PROVIDER_PATHS" android:resource="@xml/nativeplugins_file_paths" />
    17.     </provider>
    18.   </application>
    19.   <!--Permissions-->
    20.   <!--Notifications : Badge Permission for Samsung Devices-->
    21.   <uses-permission android:name="com.sec.android.provider.badge.permission.READ" />
    22.   <uses-permission android:name="com.sec.android.provider.badge.permission.WRITE" />
    23.   <!--Notifications : Badge Permission for HTC Devices-->
    24.   <uses-permission android:name="com.htc.launcher.permission.READ_SETTINGS" />
    25.   <uses-permission android:name="com.htc.launcher.permission.UPDATE_SHORTCUT" />
    26.   <!--Notifications : Badge Permission for Sony Devices-->
    27.   <uses-permission android:name="com.sonyericsson.home.permission.BROADCAST_BADGE" />
    28.   <uses-permission android:name="com.sonymobile.home.permission.PROVIDER_INSERT_BADGE" />
    29.   <!--Notifications : Badge Permission for Apex Devices-->
    30.   <uses-permission android:name="com.anddoes.launcher.permission.UPDATE_COUNT" />
    31.   <!--Notifications : Badge Permission for Solid Devices-->
    32.   <uses-permission android:name="com.majeur.launcher.permission.UPDATE_BADGE" />
    33.   <!--Notifications : Badge Permission for Huawei Devices-->
    34.   <uses-permission android:name="com.huawei.android.launcher.permission.CHANGE_BADGE" />
    35.   <uses-permission android:name="com.huawei.android.launcher.permission.READ_SETTINGS" />
    36.   <uses-permission android:name="com.huawei.android.launcher.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS" />
    37.   <!--Notifications : Badge Permission for ZUK Devices-->
    38.   <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_APP_BADGE" />
    39.   <!--Notifications : Badge Permission for Oppo Devices-->
    40.   <uses-permission android:name="com.oppo.launcher.permission.READ_SETTINGS" />
    41.   <uses-permission android:name="com.oppo.launcher.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS" />
    42.   <!--Notifications : Badge Permission for EverythingMe Support-->
    43.   <uses-permission android:name="me.everything.badger.permission.BADGE_COUNT_READ" />
    44.   <uses-permission android:name="me.everything.badger.permission.BADGE_COUNT_WRITE" />
    45.   <!--Required for internet access-->
    46.   <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
    47. </manifest>
    Can you help me out please?

26. unity_ANdq1DQ_78jrEQ

unity_ANdq1DQ_78jrEQ

Hi there,

I've just bought the essentials kit and I'm planning to use it to help create a sort of socially networked game where I will try to identify via phone numbers which of the users contacts are using the game. I can see how to use the contacts service, but I can't see how to find out the details of the current phone, i.e the phone number and any other personal details that might be available for current user. Can you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks

27. SkyWalkerMK

SkyWalkerMK

Hi. I have a pdf file. I put this in an unity project. I would like to download it to the local storage and open it. Is there anythıng about this in the asset?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  28. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@SkyWalkerMK @unity_ANdq1DQ_78jrEQ Please post your queries on our Discord support.

29. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

May I know your target SDK and device you are running on?
    We request you to update to 2.x as it has latest sdk support.

Thanks,
    VB Team

30. Sparkline

Sparkline

Hi. Can't find in docs if your plugin can load player's IScore from leaderboard, to gets its rank for ex.

31. unity_XnvR_07NFIOPjA

unity_XnvR_07NFIOPjA

I keep getting kicked out of the discord support? not sure why, I got in, posted 1 question, then got kicked out, I've rejoined it 3 or 4 times and I've been kicked out within minutes every time? I bought the essential kit on the asset store... Not sure whats going on.

32. Timmy-Hsu

Timmy-Hsu

Hi,
    Could you add feature for WebView can set WebView Frame size like ver 1?
    e.g.
    WebView.Frame = new Rect(startX, startY, width, height);
    I hope that WebView can be used in combine with Unity UI like ver 1.

33. fablond

fablond

Is there a way to know when the user open the app by clicking on a push notification ?
    like with the function DidLaunchWithLocalNotificationEvent of the first version of the plugin

34. Gentle601

Gentle601

I am using Unity2018.4.23f1, try to build apk in gradle.
    I have FaceBookSDK8.1.1 and Cross-Platform-Native-Plugins1.5.7

When I build I got these error :
    CommandInvokationFailure: Gradle build failed.
    C:/Users/Dev_User/Desktop/sdk_jdk_folders(1903)/jdk1.8.0_131\bin\java.exe -classpath "C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2018.4.23f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\Tools\gradle\lib\gradle-launcher-5.1.1.jar" org.gradle.launcher.GradleMain "-Dorg.gradle.jvmargs=-Xmx4096m" "assembleRelease"

stderr[

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* Where:
    Build file 'D:\lobby\Temp\gradleOut\native_plugins_lib\build.gradle' line: 3

* What went wrong:
    A problem occurred evaluating project ':native_plugins_lib'.
    > Could not get unknown property 'GradleVersion' for repository container of type org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.dsl.DefaultRepositoryHandler.

* Try:
    Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 8s
    ]

35. ersah

ersah

36. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Sounds like you haven't uninstalled the older version. I will continue our discussion in our discord forum.

37. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Trying to use the free version for address book access on IOS, pulled it into our project followed the setup guide and in Xcode the app crashes immediately with:

VoxelBusters.EssentialKit.BillingServices.RegisterForEvents couldn't initialise or was null (something like that) in Xcode.

Just trying a rebuild after deleting the billing services plugin from the IOS plugin folder but seems bad.

Edit: deleting all the plugins we don't use worked for us at least, may be worth investigating though

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  38. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Also getting this wonderful error log spam every time I save a script in my project since importing the latest asset store free version of this plugin and it is starting to interfere with Visual Studio loading scripts somehow.

Using Unity 2020.3.0f1 on Mac OS Big Sur 11.2.3

Screenshot 2021-04-16 at 15.59.17.png

39. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Can you please ping us on discord to assist you? Are you using free version of Replay Kit or Essential Kit?

40. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

I have the paid full version of replay kit and the free version of the native essential kit 2.0 in this project both latest versions. I will find the Discord and respond there when I can, having a break from the PC this weekend.

Edit: This issue went away after reimporting both of the assets, there seems to be some kind of collision between them when imported in a certain order. I am just happy the error is gone for now!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  41. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Getting this error when trying to build for android using Unity 2020.3.0f1 and Cross Platform Essential Kit v2.0.3 on a windows pc

Code (CSharp):
    1. Plugins/Android/com.voxelbusters.essentialkit.androidlib/all_libs/feature.notificationservices.jar
    We are simply using address book from this plugin in our app

upload_2021-4-19_15-42-34.png

42. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

I just made the fix for it. Please update this file and let me know if you still see an issue. I will have a note on the replaykit + free version collision you mentioned. Also will update this patch fix to asset store.

Would request you to join our support over discord.

Attached Files:

ROBYER1 likes this.
  43. Mustard-Design

Mustard-Design

We're currently using the native essential kit 2.0 for reading address book details, and come across the issue where we need to get the company name as well as the first name / surname - currently we are seeing lots of issues raised as contacts come through blank as the names are held in the company name.

Is it possible to extract this field as well?

Thank you!

ROBYER1 likes this.
  44. uaena

uaena

Hello @Voxel-Busters, I would like to ask is it possible to attach a file with UTF8 encoding when sending a email, as it is possible in ver 1.0!

45. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

This script caused there to be constant build errors on android about billing services needing a public key, deep linking services needing a url etc - we are only using the contacts portion of this plugin, the errors prevented me from building until I commented out line 101 -146 of AndroidBuildProcess.cs. Is there any reason those things are in the Lite version of the Essential Kit when I wasn't able to configure them in the settings file for it?

46. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Since using the fix you attached above with essentials kit, we had an issue where OneSignal Notifications SDK crashes due to VoxelBusters Essential Kit Free takes over the notification rights on android through the android manifest file.

Is there a way for us to remove the notification portion from your free essentials kit as we are just using it for Contacts (currently)

This is what happens when we use OneSignal SDK on android to push a test notification, your voxelbusters essential kit crashes the app when receiving a notification.
    eroorr.PNG

47. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi,
    We will have a look and update you with the required fixes tomorrow.

ROBYER1 likes this.
  48. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Fixed this myself today out of impatience by commenting out all references to the notification settings in the android postbuild scripts, is there a reason the free essentials kit inserts loads of features into the built app that the free kit doesn't actually use? It makes sense for them to be unlocked when someone buys the full kit but otherwise until that point if someone wants to use one or two of the free features for a trial they have loads of features like billing, notifications, cloud services inserted into their app manifest which the app doesn't even use.

In our case this broke other plugins when we just wanted to start off with using the Address Book/Contacts feature while we evaluate what else we will use from Voxelbusters.

On another note, is your notification service SDK able to use VOIP calling notifications with Unity? We are evaluating Notification SDK providers for Unity currently and none support VOIP notifications with Unity - I asked on the Discord channel also in the Notification channel.

49. rk_openplay

rk_openplay

Hello,
    I am working on a project which uses Voxel Buster native plugin. I wanted to know about communication between WebView & Unity while WebView is open. Documents says that we need to use url schema method
    void AddNewURLSchemeName (string _URLSchemeName)
    and implement DidReceiveMessageEvent event to receive any message inside Unity.
    Our requirement is when we click a certain element inside WebView that WebViews needs to be closed (destroyed).
    So I used above mechanism to establish communication between unity & WebView.
    But the problem is this event doesn't receive any message until we close WebView by hitting device back button (On Android). After I see when we open WebView unity gets paused. I want to close WebView when a user clicks on a particular UI element inside WebView. Can someone guide me regarding this issue.

50. Cuicui_Studios

Cuicui_Studios

So, we reimport the asset and we get the following error:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. 'JsonUtility' does not contain a definition for 'isNull' (also for 'ToJson' and 'FromJson').
    We correct those issues and then over 60 other appear. What's going on? Can't even compile, much less build on iOS.

Unity v2018.4.2f1
    Native Plugins v2.0.4

[edit] Correction: We tried again. After changing one reference to FromJson<T> It's not over 60, it's now almost 40.

Last edited: May 11, 2021