Search Unity

NATIVE PLUGINS for Unity: iOS, Android [Need Prime31 / Easy Mobile / Stans Assets replacement??]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Voxel-Busters, Apr 4, 2015.

?

Do you want to see Windows Mobile support in CPNP? FYI, current market share is less than 3%.

Poll closed Aug 26, 2022.
  1. Ooh la la, Love to see that!

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. I don't give a damn!

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Are you crazy! Who makes games for Windows Mobile.

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. razirbel66

razirbel66

I’m currently using your cross platform native lite plugin. We are accessing the address book in ios and android. It provides a list of contacts which contain name, phone number list, email list. We also need the prefix to each phone number such as ‘home’, ‘work’, ‘mobile’, etc. Is there any way to get this information? We will gladly purchase the non-lite version if it is able to do this but I cannot find any information to validate that.
    Thanks

2. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Unfortunately, Plugin doesn't provide the contact type.

Address Book in Lite and Ultra are the same. It's a complete free feature.

Thanks,
    VB Team

3. luvjungle

luvjungle

I started to get this error when saving image to gallery in my last builds. Tried to update to new version, but no luck. I am using unity 2019.2.21
    kProductVersion = "1.5.7p2";
    Can you help please?

03.20 13:32:09.553 30093 30129 Error Unity AndroidJavaException: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'android.content.res.XmlResourceParser android.content.pm.ProviderInfo.loadXmlMetaData(android.content.pm.PackageManager, java.lang.String)' on a null object reference
    03.20 13:32:09.553 30093 30129 Error Unity java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'android.content.res.XmlResourceParser android.content.pm.ProviderInfo.loadXmlMetaData(android.content.pm.PackageManager, java.lang.String)' on a null object reference
    03.20 13:32:09.553 30093 30129 Error Unity at androidx.core.content.FileProvider.parsePathStrategy(FileProvider.java:605)
    03.20 13:32:09.553 30093 30129 Error Unity at androidx.core.content.FileProvider.getPathStrategy(FileProvider.java:579)
    03.20 13:32:09.553 30093 30129 Error Unity at androidx.core.content.FileProvider.getUriForFile(FileProvider.java:417)
    03.20 13:32:09.553 30093 30129 Error Unity at com.voxelbusters.nativeplugins.utilities.FileUtility.createSharingFileUri(FileUtility.java:324)
    03.20 13:32:09.553 30093 30129 Error Unity at com.voxelbusters.nativeplugins.features.sharing.SharingHandler.share(SharingHandler.java:84)
    03.20 13:32:09.553 30093 30129 Error Unity at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.nativeRender(Native Method)
    03.20 13:32:09.553 30093 30129 Error Unity at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.c(Unkn

4. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Ok File provider error happens for three main reasons
    1. If your other plugins need AndroidX and if you haven't applied our androidX-Jetifier patch.
    2. If you haven't clicked on save in NPSettings post a plugin upgrade (listed in upgrade steps).
    3. If you accidentally delete the res folder of our plugin android libraries.

If none of the above, please contact our support team on skype and they can quickly assist you as this is a very common setup issue.

Thanks,
    VB Team

5. luvjungle

luvjungle

Thank you for the response.
    Can you please give a link to Jetifier patch?

nvm. saving settings asset helped

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    Voxel-Busters likes this.
  6. Rutger

Rutger

Hi Voxel-Busters,

Not sure, there might be some sort of delay with this, but can you confirm/deny that setting an IAP on Google Play to inactive makes it not be included in the DidReceiveBillingProducts event?

Or is there any other way I should use to find out if an IAP is inactive?

Thank you

P.S. Your website is under construction and was wondering if the forums are still available?
    And FYI I tried signing up to be notified when your site would be relaunched, but it gives an error when signing up.

7. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi,
    Here is the forum link and you can contact our skype support from there.

Looks like its not possible as Google sends the complete list. Please check this reference thread.

Cheers,
    VB Team

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  8. Rutger

Rutger

Thank you for this information. Good to know.
    Even though it's not nice to know Google doesn't support this.

FYI the signup form on your site still gives error: "Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later."

9. Arjun-Gupte

Arjun-Gupte

Hello,

I seem to be having an issue with this plugin on Android. When I try to launch the apk, the app immediately crashes. So, I tried to launch it in Android Studio to get a log and this is the error that I got,
    Can you take a look and let me know what I can do to fix this?

10. Dre0Dru

Dre0Dru

Hello! I have an issue with google play services player id token.
    We were using this plugin to retrieve player OAuth id token, which then is used to authenticate with Nakama server.
    The problem is that there is no API to retrieve that token. Only thing I managed to find is
    NPBinding.GameServices.LoadExternalAuthenticationCredentials
    , which is used to calling google API on behalf of the user and it is not what we need.
    Are there any chances that I missed where I can get player OAuth id token or that relevant API will be available in future updates?

11. peeka

peeka

I am using unity 2019.3 I updated to latest version of
    Cross Platform Native Plugins - Ultra Pack
    Version 1.5.7p2(current)

I ran into two issues,

1. I generated xcode project on windows, and copy over mac to building, however I ran into Defines.h not found, I discover the path to Defines.h has windows directory path in it, so I edited the project.pbxproj with notepad and fix the path.

2. now I am running into issue with other include files not found, such as <openssl/pkcs7.h> , <Fabric/Fabric.h>

any idea how I can fix the include file not found issue?

EDIT: I figured out how to add podfile to the project manually

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  12. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@Arjun-Gupte Do you still see this issue? It usually happens if the android libraries are not installed as expected. Our team can quickly help you out if you need any assistance. You can contact our support team on our forum or on skype as well (Links in the product page).

@v1212186 Please contact our support team for the concern. We have developers who have used successfully with Playfab and their own custom servers. Most likely Nakama too needs just profile scope alone.

@peeka Not sure how it got fixed as 2019.3 has a special update where we fixed the post processing issues. As from 2019.3 there are some major changes from Unity which broke post processing on iOS. However 1.5.7p3 should address all the issues. Also note that, we don't need any pods on iOS related to the plugin. We have required libraries available in the plugin already. Would be great if you let us know if you need any help.

Cheers,
    VB Team,
    #StayAtHome

13. peeka

peeka

Hi, I didn't get it working in the end, where can I find 1.5.7p3? it's not on unity asset store.

14. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

It may be due to Asset Store cache issue. Please delete the package in Asset Store cache folder and download the asset again from unity editor asset store!

Asset Store Cache Folder paths macOS: ~/Library/Unity/Asset Store Windows: C:\Users\accountName\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store

Also, can you please let me know your unity version and xcode version?

15. jk15

jk15

I know this is an old post - but did this ever get resolved or a solution? I'm trying to do the same thing. Thanks.

16. peeka

peeka

I am on unity 2019.3.7f1, xcode 11.3.1

17. peeka

peeka

It's not the cache in unity store it's the old version on website too.

Attached Files:

18. stevenchristian20

stevenchristian20

I just imported the plugin and I get this error:
    Assets\Standard Assets\VoxelBusters\NativePlugins\Scripts\NP\NPBinding.cs(283,16): error CS0118: 'Utility' is a namespace but is used like a type
    Assets\Standard Assets\VoxelBusters\NativePlugins\Scripts\NP\NPBinding.cs(58,19): error CS0118: 'Utility' is a namespace but is used like a type

Not sure why or how to fix it

19. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Strange. We have it reviewed successfully and on store. However, please import this patch which is included in that version. Meanwhile we will check with asset store team.

Thanks,
    VB Team

Attached Files:

20. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Most likely your. Project has a namespace which is called Utility. Please search for "namespace Utility"(without quotes) and let me know.

21. stevenchristian20

stevenchristian20

I searched it in visual studio tree hierarchy and couldn't find something. Where would I search it at? in Unity or VS?

22. Petskus

Petskus

RemoteNotification on iOS gets an error:

[NotifyEventListener] Method=DidFailToRegisterRemoteNotifications, Message=Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=3000 "no valid “aps-environment” entitlement string found for application" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=no valid “aps-environment” entitlement string found for application}

Push Notifications at App ID's section of app's build identifier entry enabled.

Provisioning profile is up to date
    upload_2020-4-8_14-47-36.png

Where is the problem?

23. Petskus

Petskus

Another problem with RemoteNotification on iOS.

DidFinishRegisterForRemoteNotificationEvent returns deviceToken as string:

{length=32,bytes=0x29df6f4b76d1616b10a1d175eb20b8ba...a4bdfcb69f0535b4}

It's doesn't lool like normal device token.

@Voxel-Busters, are you OK ?

24. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

25. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@Petskus We just went through our commits and found that Notfication token fix was already in place long back.
    Can you please share your current unity version?

Thanks,
    VB Team

26. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Do you have any other plugins? Its sounds more like a conflict with your other scripts as it has ambiguity in resolving it.
    Please try searching for "class Utility" and let us know. It would be easy if you can connect on skype for quicker assistance.

Thanks,
    VB Team

27. Petskus

Petskus

Unity 2019.2.20.
    Cross Platform Native Plugins (Ultra Pack) 1.5.7p2
    And don't talk about clearing the Unity AssetStore cache. AssetStore doesn't have published version 1.5.7p3

28. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Yes agreed. Despite asset store cache issue existing, there is some confusion on the version number. Ultra pack has 1.57p2 only on store, which we can confirm. But latest changes are committed to the same version leading to the trouble. I need to accept its my mistake as I could have bumped up the version to avoid problems. (1.5.7p3 is for LITE version and sorry for confusion)

Coming to the notificaiton fix, I just dowloaded a copy from asset store to see the change. I see the fix exists and lets find out what's going wrong. We request your co-operation.

1. Please open AppController+Notification.m file
    2. You should find a method named cpnp_hexStringFromData

Please confirm after having a check.

29. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@Petskus : I see where the problem is. We have another version 2019.1 submitted and seems to be active leading to the problem. Thanks for sharing the unity version else, its very difficult to find the root cause.

We need to delete the version submitted for 2019.1 as it created the problem. Now we will have 2018.4 and 2019.3 submissions only in the next release to avoid these cases.

Please check the screenshot attached to see the problem. 2019.1 was submitted very long back and should be removed as its not required anymore. 2018.4 version should be compatible with yours.

Attached Files:

30. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@Petskus I just made a package which you can directly import to your existing version. These include the changes till date only and once we submit for review again deleting 2019.1 version on store, everything will be as expected.

Thanks,
    VB Team

Attached Files:

31. stevenchristian20

stevenchristian20

So I think I found the problem. The cross platform plugin conflicts with the Vuforia 9.0 update. I can install everything fine with Vuforia 8.5 but when I try to use 9.0 with the cross platform plugin, things go array. I just tested this one a clean project install with no other plugins and found the same problem. Would love to hop on Skype as well for assistance. thanks,

32. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Thanks for the details. I just sent you a pm.

Cheers,
    VB Team

33. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@Petskus Can you please confirm after checking it? We submitted for review and should be out on asset store as well.

Cheers,
    VB Team

34. Petskus

Petskus

For iOS, you still need to manually add the "Push notifications" function to the XCode project every time you rebuild the Unity3D project.

On Android, a push notifications still doesn't display on the lock screen.

35. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Can you please share info on what method you are adding manually?

Also for Android, we have tested again to confirm that notifications display on lock screen too. Please share us a demo apk to with demo scene (shipped withour plugin) to schedule a test.

36. Petskus

Petskus

I mean, it's need to manually add the "Push notifications" capability to the XCode project.
    XCode 11.4

Also found next exception.

Exception while converting for key : user_info System.InvalidCastException: Invalid cast from 'System.String' to 'System.Collections.IDictionary'.
    at System.Convert.DefaultToType (System.IConvertible value, System.Type targetType, System.IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0
    at VoxelBusters.Utility.IDictionaryExtensions.GetIfAvailable[T] (System.Collections.IDictionary _sourceDictionary, System.String _key, T _defaultValue) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0
    at VoxelBusters.NativePlugins.Internal.iOSNotificationPayload..ctor (System.Collections.IDictionary _payloadDict) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0
    at VoxelBusters.NativePlugins.Internal.NotificationServiceIOS.ParseReceivedNotificationEventData (System.Collections.IDictionary _JSONDict, VoxelBusters.NativePlugins.CrossPlatformNotification& _receivedNotification, System.Boolean& _isLaunchNotification) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0
    at VoxelBusters.NativePlugins.NotificationService.DidReceiveRemoteNotification (System.String _JSONString) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0
    VoxelBusters.Utility.IDictionaryExtensions:GetIfAvailable(IDictionary, String, T)
    VoxelBusters.NativePlugins.Internal.iOSNotificationPayload:.ctor(IDictionary)
    VoxelBusters.NativePlugins.Internal.NotificationServiceIOS:ParseReceivedNotificationEventData(IDictionary, CrossPlatformNotification&, Boolean&)
    VoxelBusters.NativePlugins.NotificationService:DidReceiveRemoteNotification(String)

user_info:{"metric_id":"5045","id":"2649"}

37. Gigacee

Gigacee

Hi,

Our team is developing a mobile game (iOS / Android) and would like to deliver some paid DLC. I expect to need notifications and sharing features as well.

I'm now considering Easy Mobile Pro or Cross Platform Native Plugins. Cross Platform Native Plugins is less expensive, but looking at each tutorials, Easy Mobile Pro seems to be simpler and easier to use. Is this perception correct? Which one should I use?

Thanks!

38. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Cross platform native plugins has its own custom implementations for all the features offered to have better control. Where as Easy Mobile relies on existing solutions and built over it.

Each product has its own balance of strengths and weakness. We request you to go through the features set you would be using in your game and take the decision. We offer the following features in the plugin.

• Address Book
    Billing (Apple store, Google Play Store) with Receipt Validation
    Cloud Services (iCloud, Saved Games)
    Game Services (Game Center, Google Play Services)
    Media Library (Images, Video)
    • Network Connectivity
    Notification System (Local and Push)
    • Rate My App
    Sharing (FB, Twitter, Mail, Messaging, WhatsApp)
    • Twitter SDK
    • UI Dialogs (Alert, Prompt)
    WebView

@Petskus I just sent you a pm for getting details on the payload passed.

Thankyou,
    VB Team

39. drjamiearron

drjamiearron

Hi there, just a couple of queries before I purchase:

1) Does your cross platform tool allow me to check whether the user is, for example, playing music via Spotify? If so, I can mute the in-game music.

2) None of our projects are looking to access any personal information. Given your plugin enables access to areas such contacts and more, will I need to specify that the app has access to such personal data, or can I still state we don't collect any information?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  40. Dimosfil

Dimosfil

Have a issue with upgrade from lite version to lasted ultra. Im was following on steps in upgrade guide and im got a compile error
    Assets\VoxelBusters\NativePlugins\Scripts\NP\NPSettings.cs(545,121): error CS0103: The name 'MediaLibrary' does not exist in the current context

41. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Before upgrading, you need to follow the below steps listed in our docs.
    1. Delete all .rsp files under Assets folder (smcs.rsp, mcs.rsp...)
    2. Remove NATIVE_PLUGINS_LITE_VERSION define from your scripting defines listed in Player Settings

After above two steps, it allows our plugin to compile. Then it works as expected once you enable the feature in NPSettings.

If you have any trouble, please ping us on skype or post on our forums.

Thanks,
    VB Team

42. Rutger

Rutger

@Voxel-Busters would you maybe post a more detailed overview of the changes in the latest version 1.5.7p4?

I often check this thread and your forums to be in the loop, but even so, I am unsure as to the specifics of the fixes mentioned ( Minor bug fixes (Onesignal, Cloud build)).
    We don't use Onesignal, but do use Cloud build and would love to know what was fixed regarding that.
    It would help in deciding whether to update or not.

Thank you in advance.

43. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Sure!
    There was one fix for cloud build where on specific unity versions, NPSettings was giving empty data. However, it worked fine when built locally. We noticed that unity's behaviour very specific to some unity versions alone and fixed it.

Listing here for further reference
    Onesignal : Updated the api as per recent onesignal sdk changes
    iOS : Removed UIWebview protocol reference to avoid warning while submitting to appstore
    UCB : Fixed NPSettings empty data issue happening when built with specific unity versions on cloud build
    Android : Media library screenshots using jpg format for saving
    Editor : Update play services resolver to 1.2.136
    Editor : Submitted AndroidX support for 2018 unity versions (no need to add any patches for 2018 versions)
    Thanks,
    VB Team

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  44. Rutger

Rutger

Hi Voxel-Busters,

Thank you very much for this. Helps a lot to decide on prioritizing to update or not.
    Much appreciated.
    Thanks

Voxel-Busters likes this.
  45. Rutger

Rutger

@Voxel-Busters
    Sorry to bother you again. The android source code provided with the plugin. Is it accurate?
    Since in it ON_SETUP_FINISHED is empty. Marked as "TODO".
    I also am unable to find any reference in the Unity side about it.

Which makes it so we only get a callback in case all goes well, or something goes wrong during retrieval of BillingProducts (DidFinishRequestForBillingProductsEvent). So not in case there is a problem with for instance Google Play (for instance when the user has no account set up). Then the DidFinishRequestForBillingProductsEvent won't get called.

Can you confirm this?
    In the meantime I am trying to come up with a workaround for this type of situation, so any hints to help me solve that would also be very helpful.

EDIT
    Code (Java):
    2. @Override
    3.    public void onSetupFinished(Boolean isBillingAvailable)
    4.    {
    5.        isInitialized = true;
    7.        if (!isBillingAvailable)
    8.        {
    9.            Debug.log("BillingHandler.onSetupFinished", "Billing not supported!", true);
    10.        }
    12.        NativePluginHelper.sendMessage(UnityDefines.Billing.ON_SETUP_FINISHED, isBillingAvailable.toString());
    13.    }
    Shouldn't isInitialized there be dependent on if isBillingAvailable is true or false?
    I admit I didn't look through all the code to see if that would break anything else.
    I mean isInitialized is also used to indicate CanMakePayment().
    And if Billing is not available, a payment can't be made.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  46. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Yes, that event is not yet into production. So the code is fine. We instead check if setup is ready or not by checking a flag. If it's not yet ready, and we receive a restore or purchase api call, we queue it internally and process once the setup is ready.

This is actually internally handled to avoid extra steps on the dev side. Please let me know if you need any help.
    However, we can have more safety cases but till date we didn't find a case where billing connection fails. It can fail only when billing isn't available which you can get directly by calling CanMakePayment method.

IsAvailable on Android internally checks
    1. If billing class instance exists (which fail if we run on an environment where google play billing isn't available)

CanMakePayment on Android internally checks two cases
    1. If the billing classes instance exists (which fail if we run on an environment where google play billing isn't available)
    2. If the billing is not yet initialised or fail to initialise.

As Billing internal initialise gets called as soon as the NPBinding.Billing class Awake's gets called, it should be ready by the time you use the actual billing api.

If you see a behaviour which is not expected above, please let me know.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  47. Rutger

Rutger

Thank you very much for clarifying the inner workings.

I currently make the RequestForBillingProducts() time out. And set Billing/IAP as not available in case it does.
    This was needed for certain countries that don't have billing available in Google Play.

According to what you wrote, it might also be that Billing hasn't initialized properly yet by the time I make the call to RequestForBillingProducts().
    I will make some adjustments to my code to see. Using CanMakePayment(). Instead of just IsAvailable().

Thank you.

48. Rutger

Rutger

The way I had tested it. Was to remove all my Google Accounts on the device. (The only way I could reproduce the issue our users were experiencing).
    And am trying the different workaround now (by checking CanMakePayments()) via the same way.

But CanMakePayments() returns true in this case (without any Google accounts setup on the device). And RequestForBillingProducts() will never call DidFinishRequestForBillingProductsEvent. Resulting in a hanged app.
    Only way to prevent that is not to wait for DidFinishRequestForBillingProductsEvent (or implement a timeout; which was our initial workaround) on our side.

49. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@Rutger : Can you please share us the logcat log (from development mode build) in this scenario?

50. Rutger

Rutger

@Voxel-Busters apologies for my late response.
    I have sent you the requested logcat to your email.

Thank you for looking into the issue.

EDIT: That didn't seem to work. Which would be the best way to send you the log?