Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

NATIVE PLUGINS for Unity: iOS, Android [Need Prime31 / Easy Mobile / Stans Assets replacement??]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Voxel-Busters, Apr 4, 2015.

?

Do you want to see Windows Mobile support in CPNP? FYI, current market share is less than 3%.

Poll closed Aug 26, 2022.
  1. Ooh la la, Love to see that!

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. I don't give a damn!

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Are you crazy! Who makes games for Windows Mobile.

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Just pass null while calling ShowLeaderboardUI :)

ChengruRa likes this.
  2. ChengruRa

ChengruRa

Oh!!!! Thank you^^

3. victor_sq

victor_sq

Dear developer, apparently new version of google play API getting mandatory to use. I am building my project in Unity 2018LTS and last available update of asset is still with old API libraries. I'd like to ask if you planning to upgrade API libraries? Can I do it myself without breaking asset functionality? Thanks in advance

4. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi,
    May I know in detail which API version you are talking about?

Thanks,
    VB Team

5. victor_sq

victor_sq

6. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi,
    The libraries mentioned seems to be of Developer Publishing API. Am I missing something here?

7. victor_sq

victor_sq

Maybe you do missing or I misunderstood something but...

from console: "We’ve detected that your app is using an old version of the Google Play Developer API. From December 1 2019, versions 1 and 2 of this API will no longer be available. Update to version 3 before this date. Learn more"

Link from console:
    https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2019/03/changes-to-google-play-developer-api.html

Text from link:
    "The Google Play Developer API allows you to automate your in-app billing and app distribution workflows. At Google I/O ‘18, we introduced version 3 of the API, which allows you to transactionally start, manage, and halt staged releases on all tracks, through production, open testing, closed testing (including the new additional testing tracks), and internal testing."

another link:
    https://developers.google.com/android-publisher/

8. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Ok. We don't use any of the api related to publishing. However, we wanted to do in CPNP 2.0 for allowing refunds from editor though.

It would be great if you can provide complete logcat log so that we can find out if any way this is being logged from our plugin. Most likely, it may not be from our plugin as we don't use publishing api as it has very small quota limits and can't be used in production.

Thanks,
    VB Team

9. victor_sq

victor_sq

I see, thank you for explanation. It might be unity pay in my case I assume

10. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Yes, most likely!

11. warlordgreyWork

warlordgreyWork

Hello, is there any progress on sharing video?

12. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

This is in the roadmap for 2.0.

13. Raeion

Raeion

Any announcement on when 2.0 comes out?

14. Prodigga

Prodigga

Hi there! Just started porting stuff over to use CPNP. Just a question that isn't directly a CPNP issue but I figured you'd be the best person to ask. We've enabled App Signing for Google Play, and now it seems like we can't test out Google Play Services unless we upload an internal test build and install that one? Is there some way to enabled testing of Google Play Services without uploading to Google and reinstalling it that way?

15. Prodigga

Prodigga

Also, when emulating sign-in in the editor (Editor Game Center), is it possible to let it 'remember' our 'credentials' and use that each time? It is really annoying to have to enter some mock details in every time we hit Play.

16. Prodigga

Prodigga

Also also, could we have an option to prevent the plugin from toying with the timescale (PauseUnity and ResumeUnity) - we can handle it ourselves. Since it is directly controlling Time.timeScale, we have no way for our code to 'cooperate' with your plugin. Maybe just an option that causes PauseUnity and ResumeUnity to do nothing? I noticed too that there doesn't seem to be a reason for it to be an extension method. It adds 'PauseUnity' and 'UnpauseUnity' to all our monobehaviours which is polluting our IDE's suggestion list.

17. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello, I'm trying out the Lite Version of the Cross Platform Native Plugins and just some quick feedback:

There's also a Lite Pack of the plugins that looks the same but not updated as recently. I'm guessing that asset is obsolete and probably should be removed from the Asset Store.

I got an error with Unity saying ScreenCapture.CaptureScreenshot is undefined in the demo Utility.cs script, which is weird since it should be there (I'm using Unity 2019.2.4) and I'm pretty sure I', using that function in my own script. In any case, I just commented it out, it's not important.

The only plugin feature I've tried out so far is Rate My App. I got it to show up on Android with NPBinding.Utility.RateMyApp.AskForReviewNow() and haven't seen it show up with the scheduled popups in NPSettings, but assuming that works, I only want it enabled for Android, as on iOS I'm already using Unity's built-in RequestStoreReview().

18. PandaArcade

PandaArcade

Hi :D

On iOS using NPBinding.MediaLibrary.PickImage we're getting a crash when clicking the Choose button on the select image popup. I've tested multiple devices with iOS 12.4.1 and Unity 2019.2.5f1. We're using Cross Platform Native Plugins version 1.5.7. The first feature we're using and it crashes, not a good experience so far. These are the logs XCode gives us...

2019-09-17 10:06:57.806218+1000 picotanks[1331:128144] [MediaLibraryHandler] did finish picking

2019-09-17 10:06:58.248728+1000 picotanks[1331:128179] [discovery] errors encountered while discovering extensions: Error Domain=PlugInKit Code=13 "query cancelled" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=query cancelled}

2019-09-17 10:06:58.252084+1000 picotanks[1331:128144] [MediaLibraryHandler] finished picking image

2019-09-17 10:06:58.284754+1000 picotanks[1331:128144] [NotifyEventListener] Method=PickImageFinished, Message={"image-path":"\/var\/mobile\/Containers\/Data\/Application\/6013F3C4-72BE-4C96-B82A-F1F95050C326\/Documents\/NewlyPickedImage.jpg","finish-reason":0}

[DownloadTexture] Orientation=Normal

VoxelBusters.Utility.DownloadTexture:OnFetchingResponse()

VoxelBusters.Utility.<StartAsynchronousRequest>d__16:MoveNext()

UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

(Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

picotanks was compiled with optimization - stepping may behave oddly; variables may not be available.

(lldb)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  19. MikeGDev

MikeGDev

Hi!

I am trying to setup achievements for testing but I am getting this error when attempting to call the function ReportProgressWithGlobalID:

"The requested operation could not be completed because Game Service failed to create Achievement object."

I have setup 1 achievement in Google Play Console and have Game Services up and running.
    I also created the corresponding meta data in the NPSettings with a global ID and 1 ID for Android which corresponds to the one in the Google Play Console. The number of steps is set to 1.

Code (CSharp):
    1. NPBinding.GameServices.ReportProgressWithGlobalID(globalID, 100.0, (bool success, string _error) => {
    3.                 if (success)
    4.                 {
    5.                     Debug.Log("Acheivement on Android: unlocked successfully!");
    6.                 }
    7.                 else
    8.                 {
    9.                     Debug.LogError("Acheivement on Android: unlock failed!");
    10.                 }
    12.             });
    I know Game Services are working because I can log in through the app. Did I miss something?

20. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi,
    Apologies for the delayed reply. We usually are more active on our own support forum and skype group.We just cross checked the issue you mentioned and don't see any problem with that feature. The image got picked successfully with the PickImage method.

I hope you are on latest 1.5.7p2 available on asset store.
    It would be great if you can share us the crash log you mentioned so that its easy to find out what might have gone wrong.

Thanks,
    VB Team

21. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

We agree it's a valid suggestion. We will consider it in the coming versions.
    Sure. We will be considering this in our CPNP 2.0 to make sure your concerns are addressed. We want to make pause/resume optional if dev wants to handle on his own.

Apologies for delayed reply as we are active more on our own forum. You can even ping us on skype if you need any assistance.

Thanks,
    VB Team

22. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Sorry for the delayed reply. Please post to our own forum to get quick reply. It would be great if you can share us the logcat log to see what could be wrong. Most likely the error happens if it can't find the achievementId listed.

Thanks,
    VB Team

23. wobuqidai

wobuqidai

Please increase the permission to modify contact information.How to change Address Book's picture?

24. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Unfortunately, our plugin allows only to read contacts but not to modify them. If you are comfortable with native code, you can modify it as our code is open source shipped with the plugin.

Thanks,
    VB Team

25. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi Developers,

It's Black Friday sale time!

You can now buy our top selling product, Cross Platform Native Plugins @ 50% off. Please check it out and make good use of the available offer.

Product Link: http://u3d.as/bV0

Happy coding
    VB Team

26. BrainAndBrain

BrainAndBrain

I'm trying to use the latest CPNP Ultra on Unity 2019.2 to display a native dialogue on Android. Like @InspiredSquare, I receive the following error when trying to run the game on my Android device:

"Unable to get provider com.voxelbusters.nativeplugins.extensions.FileProviderExtended: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.voxelbusters.nativeplugins.extensions.FileProviderExtended"

The game will not launch. How do I get around this? The Voxel Busters forum seems to have a couple of threads related to it, but the forum/website is down and inaccessible.

Thanks!

27. BrainAndBrain

BrainAndBrain

Updating with my progress. I've tried CPNP Ultra, CPNP Lite, and CPNP 2.0 Lite, and all of them exhibit this issue. I'm only using the native popup functionality, and have disabled everything else in the CPNP settings. I've also used the Play Services Resolver, with "Use Jetifier" enabled, and have tried a "Force Resolve." Nothing works.

Any advice?

28. siadingshen

siadingshen

I have a question regarding the sign in. I tried to get the Server Auth Code for PlayFab using NPBinding.GameServices.LoadExternalAuthenticationCredentials and _credentials.AndroidCredentials.ServerAuthCode. But I always get null for it, eventhough Googleplay sign in without problem. I've filled in the server client id in npsetting by using the OAuth 2.0 client IDs for Android type in the console. Or should I create a web application type? Let me know how should I fix this problem.

29. barciu

barciu

I'm using Cross Platform Native Plugins 2.0 - Lite to show the app rate dialog on Android with
    RateMyApp.AskForReviewNow(). The dialog does show, but clicking "OK" does nothing. It just closes the dialog. I don's see anything in LogCat. Is there a specific tag I should look for? Why is Google Play not opening?

30. barciu

barciu

Never mind. I was using the wrong version of Cross Platform Native Plugins. Apparently, this one is the correct one:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...ss-platform-native-plugins-lite-version-37272
    and this one is outdated:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...-platform-native-plugins-2-0-lite-pack-140137

31. Prodigga

Prodigga

Hi @Voxel-Busters !

If the user presses cancel on Game Center authentication, we can't ask them to log in again. Calling
    NPBinding.GameServices.LocalUser.Authenticate
    doesn't do anything. There is no logs, no callbacks, no errors. Our code is stuck waiting forever for the authentication operation to complete. Is this intended? There isn't any way for us to give the user an opportunity to sign in again once they've cancelled. Once they restart the game the authentication function works again.

32. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi,
    This seems to be as per GameCenter functionality. Please check here for reference.

Important: Game Kit handles opting out of Game Center across all games that support Game Center. If a player has already declined to create an account, when your game authenticates the player, it is told there is no authenticated player. The player never sees an authentication dialog. Because Game Kit handles this process across all games, your game should not include its own mechanism to disable Game Center authentication or ask a player’s permission to authenticate. Instead, your game should simply authenticate the player every time it launches and respond appropriately when authentication completes.

Thanks,
    VB Team

33. Rutger

Rutger

34. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Thanks for getting to our notice!

We use AIDL API (low level billing api) on native. So this won't apply to our plugin. In CPNP 2.0, we do use the new library where we handle this scenario.

So to confirm, the version you have is functional and nothing to worry about acknowledgements.

[B]Note:[/B] This requirement applies only to apps that use the Google Play Billing Library version 2.0 and newer. This requirement doesn't apply if you use an older version of the Google Play Billing Library, or if you use the AIDL API.

35. Rutger

Rutger

Thank you for your reply. Glad to know it will be possible in version 2.

Since it is mentioned by Google that:
    2 questions:
    1. Will we, as purchasers of the Ultra Pack, have access to this version when it comes out? Or do we have to make a another purchase (for full price?)
    2. Any (rough) estimation on when version 2 will become available?

Thank you.

36. jedai747

jedai747

i use latest version plugin. When i used plugin on clean empty project on unity 2019.3 i dont have problem.
    BUT when i import plugin to my project which contains another plugins like google ads, facebook, etc - i have build errors
    upload_2020-1-31_16-0-30.png

37. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hey, for 2019.3, as unity has some major changes, we released the patch on forum. You can download the files from here and update it.

You will see the patch update on unity asset store once its approved.

Thanks,
    VB Team

jedai747 likes this.
  38. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

We will update soon on the availability. But new version is the best workflow you can have, and the new design changes gave us lot of flexibility to add more in the roadmap.

Thanks,
    VB Team

39. GordonWedge

GordonWedge

Hello guys,
    i'm an happy plugin user since 4 year.

Now i've got a problem with notification section, Apple on iOS 13.2.x has changed the way they return token on
    DidRegisterRemoteNotification.
    Before 13.2 was a simple string, now we've got this one:

Message={length=32,bytes=0xedf6a1d29266b4a523c511784e436eb3...3a9e0064b384abd5}

and push notification didn't work anymore.

Have you already faced this problem?

thanks

40. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

We have the patch ready and needs to be updated. Please update this file.

Thanks,
    VB Team

41. GordonWedge

GordonWedge

Thanks so much, it works.

Voxel-Busters likes this.
  42. lordzeon

lordzeon

Hi, im looking to share videos on instagram/facebook/snapchat stories, basic, without stickers, i can do that with cross platform native plugins or i need story and snapchat kit for that? my current integration work with facebook stories, but not instagram.

43. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Cross platform Native Plugins 2.0 has video sharing in the roadmap but Story Kit and Snapchat Kit offers more better control for sharing on these platforms.

Story Kit soon updates with feed+stories for Facebook in upcoming versions. The reason for different plugins is because of the complexity involved in the implementation on these platforms and also provide a better control compared to CPNP general sharing.

All these combined with Replay Kit offers video recording your player gameplay!
    Devs who own CPNP will have a discount for other products.

Thanks,
    VB Team

44. Petskus

Petskus

Does Webview use UIWebView or WKWebView for iOS?

45. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

WKWebView

Petskus likes this.
  46. AaronKB

AaronKB

Hey guys. Was looking at your plugin and I noticed it won't compile even in the editor if you're not using iOS (Or android I assume). We have a cross platform game and we often have the editor in tvOS, macOS and even Windows standalone. We don't need your plugin to work on those platforms, but we would like it if it would still pass the compilation phase so the rest of the game could run. I assume it's a matter of adding some #defines. Any chance this could be added?

47. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi,
    It was targeted to be silent(without any compilation errors) on non-supported platforms. Please share us the unity version and platform to have a look.

Thanks,
    VB Team

48. Petskus

Petskus

Push notifications are not displayed on the Android lock screen .
    How do I fix this?

49. AaronKB

AaronKB

Hi. Is there an API to tell if the user has disabled notifications for your app in System Preferences?

50. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Unfortunately, its not part of the plugin.