Search Unity

NATIVE PLUGINS for Unity: iOS, Android [Need Prime31 / Easy Mobile / Stans Assets replacement??]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Voxel-Busters, Apr 4, 2015.

?

Do you want to see Windows Mobile support in CPNP? FYI, current market share is less than 3%.

Poll closed Aug 26, 2022.
  1. Ooh la la, Love to see that!

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. I don't give a damn!

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Are you crazy! Who makes games for Windows Mobile.

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. xVergilx

xVergilx

Unity's no longer enforces specific culture with newer compiler.
    I'd bet it's Russian / any cyrillic / French etc that will cause an issue, as it uses "," instead of "." as a separator.

It's better to force single formatter everywhere on serialization / deserialization. Haven't tested v1.5.7 yet, but I had similar issues with other 3rd party plugins. (OS language set to Russian)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Voxel-Busters likes this.
  2. xVergilx

xVergilx

Also, I've got a question. We're targeting android SDK 28 with 1.5.6p2, it should work no problem right?

For some reason we're getting "Internal Error" on login.
    (logcat == "googleapiavailability Internal error occurred. Please see logs for detailed information" one).

App is published in the store (alpha), Google Console has API enabled (Google Play / Drive API).

What I haven't checked yet is the OAuth setup because I don't have an access to it yet. (Credentials, Consent Screen etc)

Is there's something else that should be checked?

3. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi,
    We will cross check this once again. The issue that was earlier mentioned has the same problem. Now I can relate why that came up. Thanks for the note!

Regarding Cloud Services, recently created games has the issue and Google Drive team is working on the fix.
    Please check this for more details.

Thanks,
    VB Team

xVergilx likes this.
  4. xVergilx

xVergilx

Yes, this is definately the case with Cloud Services. Disabling it made possible to login.
    It's insane how this went pass by Google's QA team.

5. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

True. Surprisingly, this has affected many new games in development and no clue on when it will be fixed.
    Please post your request over here and here to push them further.

6. xVergilx

xVergilx

One more unrelated question.
    Is it possible to use CPNP for Google Play Games -> GameSparks login?

There's LocalUser.Identifier, but I don't know if that will work as AuthToken.

TL;DR: Is there's a way to fetch Auth Code, similar to Play Games Plugin (PlayGamesPlatform.Instance.GetServerAuthCode())?

Edit: I've looked through docs / sources, and there's seems to be no way of doing it.
    However it can be set in NPSettings which made me wondering.
    (Although it seems it is Android App OAuth, not Web app id)

IOS requires public key url / salt / signature, so probably some other solution has to be used anyway.

Would be cool to have these features in the future.

7. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

ServerAuthCode is possible through LoadExternalAuthenticationCredentials. However, its only possible for Android alone. (you need to update the web client id in the NPSettings)

In the upcoming version (CPNP 2.0) we are including for iOS and also with profile scope for android through inbuilt google signin.

Thanks,
    VB Team

xVergilx likes this.
  8. YuriPetskus

YuriPetskus

Russian.

9. ChenTotal

ChenTotal

Hi,
    Will you release a update which could change priority of notification??
    If not, is there any way I could change it by script??
    Thx

10. callamfry

callamfry

Can you view pdfs located at a url? if so, can you share pdfs including downloading locally? same questions for video but i believe your documentation says you can for video

11. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Are you looking for webview feature to view pdf files? if so its possible.

12. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Good News
    If you own a copy of Cross Platform Native Plugins - Ultra Pack, you can grab all of our other products at $10 discount! #LimitedTimeOffer

#Save$10
    Cross Platform Replay Kit Let your players record gameplay and share easily!
    ReplayKit Ad.png

Cross Platform Easy Save One stop solution for saving game data
    Easy Save Kit.png

Cross Platform Story Kit Create Stories with images and Video on Instagram along with stickers!
    Story Kit.png

Cross Platform Snapchat Kit Share images and Video on Snapchat along with stickers!
    Snapchat Kit.png

Cheers,
    VB Team

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  13. callamfry

callamfry

Yeah I want to view them but also give the option to download them and store them locally.
    Ideally open the built in share feature where they can store pdfs to "Books" like in safari on iOS

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  14. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

We haven't tested the download but its possible to view the pdf files.

15. CoCoNutti

CoCoNutti

Hi
    I purchased and imported your instagram plugin, but when I put "using VoxelBusters.InstagramKit;" on top of my script, I get a missing assembly reference error. What could this be? I only want to install the plug-in for iOS as I have no intention to go android.
    Thanks

16. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@CoCoNutti I just sent you a PM for getting more details.
    We have developers who are using both the plugins in their projects successfully. Just curious on what might have gone wrong specific to your project.

17. CoCoNutti

CoCoNutti

Hi Again - I had left a message on your other forum page on this topic, but thought I'd come here in case someone else can help as well.

I have implemented iCloud for my save game. I THINK I'm saving it correctly, but when the game reloads, it says it can't find a save file, so not sure what I"m doing wrong. Posting the error and my script below to show what I'm doing - more than sure there's something in this that's wrong, but can't figure out what.

Note that the below is from the editor. I'm developing for iOS only at this stage but getting the same result as below. My OS is Mac, not Windows.

The Error
    Code (csharp):
    2. (result of call from GetFileFromCloud in script below)
    3. FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "/Users/.../ProjectName/~QuestNumbersActive"
    4. System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
    5. System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
    6. (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream..ctor(string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
    7. System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
    8. System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes (System.String path) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
    9. CloudSave.GetSaveFromCloud () (at Assets/_Scripts/CloudSave.cs:123)
    10. btnLoadFromCloudManual.OnMouseDown () (at Assets/btnLoadFromCloudManual.cs:12)
    11. UnityEngine.SendMouseEvents:DoSendMouseEvents(Int32)
    The "~QuestNumbersActive" part worries me......Within my save file I save a list of quest ints that are currently active in the game......Could this be related to the issue? If I take a look inside my savegame.txt file it reads from the top:
    The Script
    Code (csharp):
    2. using UnityEngine;
    3. using VoxelBusters.NativePlugins;
    4. using System.Text;
    7. #if UNITY_EDITOR && UNITY_WINRT
    8. using File = UnityEngine.Windows;
    9. #else
    10. using File = System.IO.File;
    11. #endif
    13. public class CloudSave : MonoBehaviour {
    14. ......
    16.     private void Start()
    17.     {
    18.         NPBinding.CloudServices.Initialise();
    19.     }
    21.     void OnEnable()
    22.     {
    23.         CloudServices.KeyValueStoreDidInitialiseEvent += OnKeyValueStoreInitialised;
    24.         CloudServices.KeyValueStoreDidSynchroniseEvent += OnKeyValueStoreDidSynchronise;
    25.         CloudServices.KeyValueStoreDidChangeExternallyEvent += OnKeyValueStoreChanged;
    26.     }
    28.     void OnDisable()
    29.     {
    30.         CloudServices.KeyValueStoreDidInitialiseEvent -= OnKeyValueStoreInitialised;
    31.         CloudServices.KeyValueStoreDidSynchroniseEvent -= OnKeyValueStoreDidSynchronise;
    32.         CloudServices.KeyValueStoreDidChangeExternallyEvent -= OnKeyValueStoreChanged;
    33.     }
    35.     private void OnKeyValueStoreInitialised(bool initialised)
    36.     {
    37.         Debug.Log($">>> Cloud Store initialized: {initialised}");
    38.         cloudInitialised = initialised;
    39.         Debug.Log($">>> Currently have a cloud save game: {NPBinding.CloudServices.GetString(cloudSaveName) == null}");
    40.     }
    43.     private void OnKeyValueStoreDidSynchronise(bool _success)
    44.     {
    45.         if (_success)
    46.         {
    47.             Debug.Log("KEY SYNC SUCCESSFUL");
    48.         }
    50.         else
    51.         {
    52.             Debug.Log("CLOUD FAILED TO SYNC KEYS");
    53.         }
    54.     }
    57.     private void OnKeyValueStoreChanged(eCloudDataStoreValueChangeReason _reason, string[] _changedKeys)
    58.     {
    59.         Debug.Log("Cloud key-value store has been changed.");
    60.         Debug.Log(string.Format("Reason: {0}.", _reason));
    61.     }
    64.     #region iCloud Save
    65.     public void SaveToCloud()
    66.     {
    67.         if (cloudInitialised)
    68.         {
    69.             byte[] byteArray = File.ReadAllBytes(Application.persistentDataPath + "/" + CLSGRD1.Instance.saveFile); //grab the save game file
    70.             string fileData = Encoding.UTF8.GetString(byteArray, 0, byteArray.Length); //encode it here
    71.             NPBinding.CloudServices.SetString(CLSGRD1.Instance.saveFile, fileData); //save to cloud
    72.             Debug.Log("SAVE FILE TO iCLOUD " + CLSGRD1.Instance.saveFile);
    73.         }
    74.     }
    75.     #endregion
    78.     #region Retrieve Save
    79.     public void GetSaveFromCloud()
    80.     {
    81.         if (cloudInitialised)
    82.         {
    83.             string fileFromCloud = NPBinding.CloudServices.GetString(CLSGRD1.Instance.saveFile); //load from cloud
    84.             Debug.Log("Get file from cloud++++++++++++++++++++++++=");
    86.                 byte[] byteArray = File.ReadAllBytes(fileFromCloud); //grab the save game file
    87.                 string fileData = Encoding.UTF8.GetString(byteArray, 0, byteArray.Length); //encode it here
    88.                 Debug.Log("Got byteArray++++++++++++++++++++++++=");
    89.                 ES2.SaveRaw(fileData, Application.persistentDataPath + "/" + CLSGRD1.Instance.saveFile);
    90.                 Debug.Log("Save new file++++++++++++++++++++++++=");
    91.         }
    92.     }
    93.     #endregion
    94. }
    *Note that CLSGRD1.Instance.saveFile links to another script - file e.g. caled "saveFile.txt"

Hope someone can help me.

Cheers

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  18. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

You are trying to pass fileFromCloud string to File IO. This won't work. Please try the below.

Code (CSharp):
    2. #region Retrieve Save
    3.     public void GetSaveFromCloud()
    4.     {
    5.         if (cloudInitialised)
    6.         {
    7.             string fileDataFromCloud = NPBinding.CloudServices.GetString(CLSGRD1.Instance.saveFile); //load from cloud
    8.             Debug.Log("Get file from cloud++++++++++++++++++++++++=");
    9.             byte[] byteArray = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(fileDataFromCloud); //decode it here
    10.             Debug.Log("Got byteArray++++++++++++++++++++++++="); // Pass byte array
    11.             ES2.SaveRaw(byteArray, Application.persistentDataPath + "/" + CLSGRD1.Instance.saveFile);
    12.             Debug.Log("Save new file++++++++++++++++++++++++=");
    13.         }
    14.     }
    15.     #endregion

CoCoNutti likes this.
  19. CoCoNutti

CoCoNutti

Ah, ok, gotcha. Thank you

20. GarrettShields

GarrettShields

I'm trying to implement CPNP in my Unity 2019.1.7f1 project, but I'm running into some errors while building for Android. Is 2019.1 supported?

21. GarrettShields

GarrettShields

I was able to get Android builds working in 2019.1.7f1 by editing all the build.gradle files.

Code (CSharp):
    1. buildscript {
    2.     repositories {
    3.         jcenter()
    4.         google()
    5.     }
    7.     dependencies {
    8.         classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:3.0.1'
    9.     }
    10. }
    12. apply plugin: 'com.android.library'
    14. dependencies {
    15.     implementation fileTree(dir: 'bin', include: ['*.jar'])
    16.     implementation fileTree(dir: 'libs', include: ['*.jar'])
    17. }
    19. android {
    20.     sourceSets {
    21.         main {
    22.             manifest.srcFile 'AndroidManifest.xml'
    23.             //java.srcDirs = ['src']
    24.             res.srcDirs = ['res']
    25.             assets.srcDirs = ['assets']
    26.             jniLibs.srcDirs = ['libs']
    27.         }
    28.     }
    30.     compileSdkVersion 28
    31.     buildToolsVersion '28.0.3'
    32.     defaultConfig {
    33.         targetSdkVersion 28
    34.         consumerProguardFiles 'proguard.txt'
    35.     }
    37.     lintOptions {
    38.         abortOnError false
    39.     }
    40. }

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  22. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Thanks for sharing Garrett.

Unfortunately there is no proper solution available as unity uses different versions (please check this post)
    We are looking for a generic solution to solve this.

Once again thanks for sharing the information and alerting us. Its of great help!

Cheers,
    VB Team

23. Alf-Dee

Alf-Dee

Hi,
    I've already used your cross-platform native plugin ultra pack in some other project, but this time I would like to use the icloud feature, and specifically use it for cross-platform savegames between iOS tvOS and MacOS.
    Is the MacOS already supported?
    or does it need some hack to work? can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

24. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi,
    Currently we are supporting iOS and Android platforms alone.

If you are interested in adapting it for other platforms, you can have a check in NativeIOSCode folder where you can see complete source code.

Thanks,
    VB Team

25. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

For AndroidX support, please download this patch.

26. CoCoNutti

CoCoNutti

Can you please elaborate on that further? (f you are interested in adapting it for other platforms, you can have a check in NativeIOSCode folder where you can see complete source code.".) Don't know why, but I assumed this plug in would work for Apple TV and Mac. :( :( :(

27. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Sorry about that. Our plugin is targeted for mobile platforms only. However we have plans to extend the platforms in the future but it depends on a lot of factors(market size, ) which can't be guaranteed at the moment. Hope you understand.

But, do let us know if you need any help regarding the workflow on native like which files to change so that we can guide you on that (not related to mac programming part but at-least we give you a direction on which way to go).

Thanks,
    VB Team

CoCoNutti likes this.
  28. cadrick

cadrick

Before I decided to make a purchase I would like to ask do you guys wrote your own plugin for Google Play Game Services?
    I've been using https://github.com/playgameservices/play-games-plugin-for-unity and it's such a pain to update whenever there's a newer version. Especially dealing with PlayServiceResolver which pulls in lots of seeming useless libraries.

Have you guys tested to have included google mobile ads, Facebook SDK and still able to build without any problem?

29. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@cadrick : Yes, we have our own implementation of Google Play Services.

However, we need to mention one thing about how we fetch common libraries. As of now Play Services Resolver plugin (maintained by google) is the only way to achieve plugin compatibility among different Asset store publisher plugins. So we are using the same for resolving the libraries for our plugins.

We have developers using ads and other major plugins along with ours successfully. So it shouldn't be any problem with it. Incase if you hit any issue, our team is available for quick assistance.

Thanks,
    VB Team

30. distastee

distastee

@Voxel-Busters

Hiya! Just nabbed this for the first time. I'll be honest - I was pretty dismayed at the amount of CS0618 warnings related to WWW being obsolete when using this library. At the very least - can y'all suppress the warnings at their usage until you get around to cleaning it up? I prefer to run my team with warnings-as-errors turned on to enforce code cleanliness, but this makes it impossible.

Thanks!

31. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@distastee Thanks for the feedback. We delayed it as CPNP 2.0 will hit the store as per schedule. But we had some reschedule on it so the update got delayed.

We submitted a package p3 which will cover the issues you mentioned.

Thanks,
    VB Team

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  32. InspiredSquare

InspiredSquare

Getting following error on app startup.

Unable to get provider com.voxelbusters.nativeplugins.extensions.FileProviderExtended: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.voxelbusters.nativeplugins.extensions.FileProviderExtended"

Facing this error after running the play services jar resolver, which have added some android X jar files.

Any Fix for this?

33. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi,
    This issue can occur if your gradle.properties is not patched automatically with jetifier flags. This can happen if you less than 2018.2 unity version.

Please share us the following
    1. Screenshot of Assets/Plugins/Android
    2. gradle.properties from Temp/gradleOut
    3. Unity version you are on.
    4. Version of CPNP you are using (latest one is 1.5.7p2 on store)

Thanks,
    VB Team

34. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

35. Zilk

Zilk

When will CPNP 2.0 hit asset store? And will it include tvOS support? I love the plugin but now I'm looking to port to tvOS as well and will need support for it.

36. KrcKung

KrcKung

Hi, it would be more awesome if you guy able to support Mac and tvOS as well.

I would like to know how to implement Mac support and tvOS support as well, please do PM me on how to make it work, thanks in advance.

37. Sparkline

Sparkline

Hi. I need to load data from leaderboards (rank, nick, score) to show it in game. Do you have unified solution for android+ios?

38. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Yes we do. You can have custom leaderboards with unified API :)

39. Sparkline

Sparkline

Forgot to mention user avatar. Does it work when load scores and also unified?

40. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

On calling Load[Top/PlayerCentered/More]Scores api, you get a list of scores in the callback passed. Each score has details on score value, rank and user details. Through User instance you can fetch name, and avatar(GetImageAsync).

You can create a full fledged custom Leaderboards and Achievements UI with the plugin. Can't wait to see your results :)

41. Prodigga

Prodigga

Hi, we are using Unity Local Notifications package, and Unity IAP's. Will there be any compatibility issues there? Local notifications aren't a huge deal, we can just use CPNP's version of LocalNotifications, but with Unity IAP's it is really nice that the purchases are logged and registered on the Unity Analytics website. Maybe there is a way to log purchases manually with Unity Analytics? I haven't checked. I guess ideally we'd be able to pick and choose which components we'd like but it seems like an 'all or nothing' kind of deal.

Also curious what the integration with GPG and GameCenter looks like. Do we install GPG package ourselves and your plugin 'just works' with it?

42. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Yes, you can use Unity IAP along with our plugin. However we have our own version of IAP where you can have option to log analytic events manually from callbacks.

Yes. We have our own implementation of Google Play Services and you don't need to include any other external plugins.

43. AbelSierra

AbelSierra

Hello, anyone have issues reading the phone contacts, for me it takes up to 20 seconds to read 1000 contacts is this normal?

44. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

I think most of the time could be for fetching the display images. In CPNP 2.0, we made this fetch async. Can you pls give a try with CPNP 2.0 Lite available on store?

45. InspiredSquare

InspiredSquare

Hi,
    Sorry for the late reply, app still crash on startup with following error.

"Unable to get provider com.voxelbusters.nativeplugins.extensions.FileProviderExtended: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.voxelbusters.nativeplugins.extensions.FileProviderExtended"

Please find below the required details.
    1. Please see attached images.
    2. gradle.properties file have only "org.gradle.jvmargs=-Xmx1536M" text in it
    3. We are using Unity 2017.4.28
    4. 1.5.7p2
    Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 3.13.57 PM.png Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 3.14.21 PM.png Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 3.14.41 PM.png

46. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi,
    I see you have AndroidX libraries as your other plugins might have a dependency with it.

We already handled this case from 2018.2 as Unity provides a way to update gradle.properties from scripting. But prior to it as Unity didn't backport the required post processing callbacks, currently there is no way to fix it.

So, we recommend to move to at-least 2018.2 as it won't be possible to automate it without unity supporting post processing callbacks. Alternatively, you can manually add the jetifier process flags to gradle.properties by exporting as android project but we see it time taking process during development.

Please let us know your thoughts.

Thanks,
    VB Team

47. InspiredSquare

InspiredSquare

Hi, I have updated the Unity to 2018.4 and getting following error while building for android.

A problem occurred evaluating project ':native_plugins_lib'.
    > Could not get unknown property 'GradleVersion' for repository container of type org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.dsl.DefaultRepositoryHandler.

if i remove "GradleVersion" from native_plugin_lib and utility file i am able to create build but getting same error on startup and app crashed.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to get provider com.voxelbusters.nativeplugins.extensions.FileProviderExtended: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.voxelbusters.nativeplugins.extensions.FileProviderExtended"

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  48. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi,
    Do you have any AndroidX files under Assets/Plugins/Android folder in your project? If so I would recommend to upgrade to 2019.1.7 as we pushed a package specifically for 3.4 android plugin version (gradle). 3.4 is required due to one bug in gradle core so submitted only from 2019.1.7 as it ships with 3.4 version.

If you can't upgrade the unity version, please download these two packages and import. If your other plugins doesn't need 3.4 for sure, It should work fine as expected.
    Please do let us know if you need any help.

Update : Apologies for not mentioning about 2019.1.7 version as 3.4 requirement depends on other plugins you use.

Thanks,
    VB Team

49. victor_sq

victor_sq

Dear developer, apparently new version of google play API getting mandatory to use. I am building my project in Unity 2018LTS and last available update of asset is still with old API libraries. I'd like to ask if you planning to upgrade API libraries? Can I do it myself without breaking asset functionality? Thanks in advance

50. ChengruRa

ChengruRa

Excuse me~ I want to show all the leaderboards. What can I do?

Like an attachment~

Attached Files: