Search Unity

NATIVE PLUGINS for Unity: iOS, Android [Need Prime31 / Easy Mobile / Stans Assets replacement??]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Voxel-Busters, Apr 4, 2015.

?

Do you want to see Windows Mobile support in CPNP? FYI, current market share is less than 3%.

Poll closed Aug 26, 2022.
  1. Ooh la la, Love to see that!

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. I don't give a damn!

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Are you crazy! Who makes games for Windows Mobile.

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@EkaDes unfortunately naming the file is not supported.
    It would be great if you can share how naming the file helps while sharing.

Thanjs,
    VB Team

2. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Are the libraries publicly available? And also do you see android has those features too?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  3. catimus

catimus

I have this plugin, but just cant work out how to use it! I just want to add some IAP items to my game but can't make any sense of the tutorial, and looking at the example scene is really confusing!
    I really wish there was a video tutorial on setting this plug in up, as I'm much more of a visual learner.

Any way, thanks for the plugin, I'll keep chipping away at learning it haha

4. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Thanks for the note :)

We are cutrently partnering with some bloggers for video tutorial contents and soon will get you an update.

Also it would be great if you can list on what you see is missing in our tutorials to make it better.

Thanks,
    VB Team

5. catimus

catimus

Thanks for the quick reply :D
    That sounds really good, I look forward to the video tutorial very much!

As to your question,
    I'm just not sure where I'm supposed to place all the code.
    (reading this page, https://tutorials.cpnp.voxelbusters.com/Features/Billing/implementing_feature.html)

What scripts am i supposed to have??

At the moment the website just has chunks of code ie:
    public void RequestBillingProducts ()
    {
    NPBinding.Billing.RequestForBillingProducts(NPSettings.Billing.Products);

// At this point you can display an activity indicator to inform user that task is in progress
    }

I'd love to see the complete script examples for buying and restoring purchases.

The example script in the demo scene doesn't really reflect the tutorial on the website, from what I've been able to see, (I'll keep looking, maybe I'm just being really slow today lol)

You have a note:
    Note
    All the classes, datatypes related to the plugin are placed under namespace VoxelBusters.NativePlugins. Add this namespace in your script before accessing any of the features.

does that mean all I have to do is
    using System.Collections;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using UnityEngine;
    using VoxelBusters.NativePlugins;

As i said, I'm more of a visual learner, and watching a video tutorial would be of more benefit to me than looking at code I don't really understand on a website.

Thanks for the plugin though :D I'll keep trying to work it out :D

6. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

For sure Video Tutorials will help you :)

We tried to give code examples of each functionality in the tutorials. And to be honest we usually get the feedback that tutorials can be much better. We keep trying for that too :)

By complete code example do you mean complete compilable class file one for each functionality explanation?

It would be great if you can share a reference (text or visual) to what detail you are expecting so that we definitely keep this in mind while directing the upcoming tutorials :)

Cheers,
    VB Team

7. catimus

catimus

Thanks heaps for the quick response.

As for a great learning resource that does the video and example code really well is Unity themselves
    https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/projects/roll-ball-tutorial/moving-player?playlist=17141

very detailed video, how to set up the scene, with all the classes (in this case only one lol) along with it

I think I'm starting to make progress with the tutorials already out
    (for example I just learned we need to have the NPBinding prefab in the scene haha :D)

8. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Thanks for your time too for helping us :)

I got what you mean! As soon as we have an update we definitely share with you to get some feedback as it seems to be definitely worth it.

Forgot to answer - Yes we have all our cide inside VoxelBusters.NativePlugins namespace. You need to import it (using keyword) before using any of our API methods.

Thanks,
    VB Team

9. Tibor-Udvari

Tibor-Udvari

Hi, I would like to share a video from the Documents folder in iOS. It does not seem to be possible. I have tried with the URL method but in XCode I get this error message: CFURLSetTemporaryResourcePropertyForKey failed because it was passed an URL which has no scheme

UPDATE: by adding file:// in the beginning of the file I was able to share, it did not seem to know it was a video file though, so the Save To Camera Roll did not appear in the Share Sheet. Is there any solution?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  10. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

@Voxel-Busters Hey, I had a problem with the plugin, where on android my local notifications work just fine, but when I register local notifications on iOS they are never fired.

I thought I might need to enable push notification services in xcode, but that seems to make no difference, so I tried with remote notifications enabled as well (to avoid an xcode warning that said they weren't enabled but the project needed it?).

I have the plugin settings mostly default and most features turned off, except the ios store listing number (for rate my app feature) - and I've selected to have local notifications activated (but not remote notifications).

When building out to an iOS device, I see debug logs showing that the call to register the notification is being called, but then I put the app in the background (hit the home button) and the notifications do no show up as expected.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Here is the script I have set up to try and start the notifications:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using System;
    2. using System.Collections;
    3. using System.Collections.Generic;
    4. using UnityEngine;
    5. using VoxelBusters.NativePlugins;
    7. public class NativeSystemHandler : MonoBehaviour
    8. {
    9.     //Create an instance of CrossPlatformNotification and fill with details.
    10.     private CrossPlatformNotification CreateNotification(long _fireAfterSec, eNotificationRepeatInterval _repeatInterval)
    11.     {
    12.         string msg = "Some Notification Message";
    14.         // User info - Is used to set custom data. Create a dictionary and set your data if any.
    15.         IDictionary _userInfo = new Dictionary<string, string>();
    16.         _userInfo["data"] = "none"; // not used
    18.         // Set iOS specific properties
    19.         CrossPlatformNotification.iOSSpecificProperties _iosProperties = new CrossPlatformNotification.iOSSpecificProperties();
    20.         _iosProperties.HasAction = true;
    21.         _iosProperties.AlertAction = msg;//"alert action";
    23.         // Set ANDROID specific properties
    24.         CrossPlatformNotification.AndroidSpecificProperties _androidProperties = new CrossPlatformNotification.AndroidSpecificProperties();
    25.         _androidProperties.ContentTitle = "Title";
    26.         _androidProperties.TickerText = msg;
    27.         _androidProperties.LargeIcon = "NativePlugins.png"; //Keep the files in Assets/PluginResources/VoxelBusters/NativePlugins/Android folder.
    29.         // Create CrossPlatformNotification instance
    30.         CrossPlatformNotification _notification = new CrossPlatformNotification();
    31.         _notification.AlertBody = msg; //On Android, this is considered as ContentText
    32.         _notification.FireDate = System.DateTime.Now.AddSeconds(_fireAfterSec);
    33.         _notification.RepeatInterval = _repeatInterval;
    34.         _notification.UserInfo = _userInfo;
    35.         _notification.SoundName = "Notification.mp3"; //Keep the files in Assets/PluginResources/NativePlugins/Android or iOS or Common folder.
    37.         _notification.iOSProperties = _iosProperties;
    38.         _notification.AndroidProperties = _androidProperties;
    40.         return _notification;
    41.     }
    43.     void Start()
    44.     {
    45.         // TESTING
    46.         RegisterNotification(35, false);
    47.         RegisterNotification(45, false);
    48.         RegisterNotification(55, false);
    49.         RegisterNotification(65, false);
    50.         RegisterNotification(75, false);
    51.     }
    53.     public void RegisterNotification(int timeSeconds, bool repeat)
    54.     {
    55.         if (timeSeconds == 0)
    56.             return; // problem?
    58.         eNotificationRepeatInterval interval = eNotificationRepeatInterval.WEEK;
    59.         if (!repeat)
    60.             interval = eNotificationRepeatInterval.NONE;
    61.         CrossPlatformNotification _notification = CreateNotification(timeSeconds, interval);
    63.         //Schedule this local notification.
    64.         NPBinding.NotificationService.ScheduleLocalNotification(_notification);
    65.     }
    67.     // Register for callbacks
    68.     void OnEnable()
    69.     {
    70.         //Triggered when registration for remote notification event is done.
    71.         NotificationService.DidFinishRegisterForRemoteNotificationEvent += DidFinishRegisterForRemoteNotificationEvent;
    73.         //Triggered when local notification was clicked for launching the app.
    74.         NotificationService.DidLaunchWithLocalNotificationEvent += DidLaunchWithLocalNotificationEvent;
    76.         //Triggered when remote notification was clicked for launching the app.
    77.         NotificationService.DidLaunchWithRemoteNotificationEvent += DidLaunchWithRemoteNotificationEvent;
    79.         //Triggered when a local notification is received.
    80.         NotificationService.DidReceiveLocalNotificationEvent += DidReceiveLocalNotificationEvent;
    82.         //Triggered when a remote notification is received.
    83.         NotificationService.DidReceiveRemoteNotificationEvent += DidReceiveRemoteNotificationEvent;
    84.     }
    86.     //Un-Registering once done.
    87.     void OnDisable()
    88.     {
    89.         NotificationService.DidFinishRegisterForRemoteNotificationEvent -= DidFinishRegisterForRemoteNotificationEvent;
    90.         NotificationService.DidLaunchWithLocalNotificationEvent -= DidLaunchWithLocalNotificationEvent;
    91.         NotificationService.DidLaunchWithRemoteNotificationEvent -= DidLaunchWithRemoteNotificationEvent;
    92.         NotificationService.DidReceiveLocalNotificationEvent -= DidReceiveLocalNotificationEvent;
    93.         NotificationService.DidReceiveRemoteNotificationEvent -= DidReceiveRemoteNotificationEvent;
    94.     }
    96.     private void DidReceiveRemoteNotificationEvent(CrossPlatformNotification _notification)
    97.     {
    98.         //throw new NotImplementedException();
    99.     }
    101.     private void DidReceiveLocalNotificationEvent(CrossPlatformNotification _notification)
    102.     {
    103.         //throw new NotImplementedException();
    104.     }
    106.     private void DidLaunchWithRemoteNotificationEvent(CrossPlatformNotification _notification)
    107.     {
    108.         //throw new NotImplementedException();
    109.     }
    111.     private void DidLaunchWithLocalNotificationEvent(CrossPlatformNotification _notification)
    112.     {
    113.         //throw new NotImplementedException();
    114.     }
    116.     private void DidFinishRegisterForRemoteNotificationEvent(string _deviceToken, string _error)
    117.     {
    118.         //throw new NotImplementedException();
    119.     }
    120. }
    And here is how my NPSettings looks (just in case I need to change stuff here):

Other notes:
    -Unity 5.6.4p3 (IL2CPP)
    -Deployed to iPhone 4s (9.3.5 iOS)
    -Latest asset store version of plugin
    -Alongside google admob plugin
    -Alongside (and tested without) lunar mobile console

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  11. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Unfortunately, we don't support video sharing yet. We have plans to add it in the coming updates and we will update it as soon as we finish it.

12. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

With the help of the developer I was able to figure out that I need to add this line in the script (in Start() method) to get the local notifications to work on iOS:

Code (csharp):
    2. NPBinding.NotificationService.RegisterNotificationTypes(NotificationType.Alert | NotificationType.Badge | NotificationType.Sound);
    Then after accepting the prompt from the OS, the notifications were showing up as expected.

13. BBO_Lagoon

BBO_Lagoon

Hi, Is there a way to force close an alert dialog ?

14. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi, Its not possible to force close with out user input. Can you please explain the usecase in detail?

15. Milo_del_mal

Milo_del_mal

¿Does this supports sending e-mails with HTML bodies?
    I want to be able to send an email with:
    Text + image (I have the link stored)
    or
    Text + gif (I have the link stored).

Thank you.

16. BBO_Lagoon

BBO_Lagoon

In usecase, for example if I show a dialog to ask something to the user but the user close the app without closing the dialog, in my app I force the reset of the game if the user is out of the app for more than 1 minute, but if the user go back, and click on the dialog button it will start an action that cannot be done during or after the reset.

I found a way to prevent this, I added a counter that I increment when I show a dialog and decrements on the button click so if the counter is > 0 I know that a dialog is open. So when I try to reset the game I mark all my dialogs button actions as resetting the game. It's not optimal but it will prevents problems.

17. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Yes it supports sending mail with body and attachments. Please check API documentation for more information.

18. EndemicsAlex

EndemicsAlex

Hi!
    I have a question about OpenStoreLink function.
    In Prime31 plugin it opens store (in iOs) not just in separate store application, but inside the same application in native window above all (which is important, for user to not switch to another app). Do you have the same functionality? By description it's no clear, do you open store inside the app (with SKStoreProductViewController), or just open storeUrl in separate store app? All this about Apple, i believe Android doesn't have this functionality.

19. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Implementation with SKStoreProductViewController is currently under development. But, yes as of now it open the store url in browser.

Hope it clarifies your query.

Thanks,
    VB Team

20. EndemicsAlex

EndemicsAlex

Thanks! Do you have ETA for this feature? If it's soon enough, then i will definitely chose you instead of Prime31.

21. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi,
    You will be able to see an update in 2 weeks time with this feature.

Hope that will work for you.

Thanks,
    VB Yeam

22. eXiz7

eXiz7

23. rerwandi

rerwandi

Is it okay to move all folders and files from native plugins into one folder ?

24. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Can you pleasr share your implementation?

Unfortunately, No. As the plugin follows a specific structure. We will see if we can provide configurable paths in future.

Thanks,
    VB Team

25. EndemicsAlex

EndemicsAlex

Thanks!
    There is one more feature that i used in Prime plugin and miss here - native activity view (spinning circle).
    Could you, please, implement it?

26. EndemicsAlex

EndemicsAlex

And one more, about RateMyApp functionality, i have some questions.
    1) Is the new version with iOs 11 support is on the way? It uses some new logic, and i believe the function now should support both ways, the old way for the iOS versions before 11 (and Android) and the new way for iOS 11. iOs 11 window, afaik, will show stars prompt in the window itself, and no "Ask later" button. http://joxi.ru/VrwYe1DiKGGeZ2
    Not sure how the logic of calling the window should work without "Ask later" button. Also, it seems after clicking "Submit", the store page for writing review shoul be opened inside the app itself (which was my first question about).
    But, for earlier OS we still need to use the old logic, i believe.

2) As for Android and earlier versions of iOs the logic stays the same, can i somehow use your timers logic, but use own custom window instead? It's better in some cases to draw beautiful window, but it needs to use the same timers logic and the way to open store if user wants to make a review.

27. Ichimitsu

Ichimitsu

Please correct the function:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public static void DrawLabel (string _text, Alignment _alignment = Alignment.None)
    You pass in the GUI.skin.slabel and change the global value, which is used by default in all custom inspectors. Now we have all the labels aligned in the center.

28. newlife

newlife

29. MESHED-space

MESHED-space

Hi, is there a way to just pick a video from the library (instead of playVideoFromGallery, i just need the filename) without playing it ?
    Thanks,
    Ulf
    MESHED Team

30. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Unfortunately this feature is not yet available.

Donyou mean path or just the filename?

31. MESHED-space

MESHED-space

Both would be perfect. I want to play the video with an other player (within unity)
    thanks

32. MESHED-space

MESHED-space

Hi, next question. I need the solution for getting the video-filename, so i use https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/integration/image-and-video-picker-28597. But this is not compatible with your plugin, becuase the imported android-support-v4.jar of this plugin dont work with your plugin.

unity says:

CommandInvokationFailure: Unable to convert classes into dex format.
    stderr[
    Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/accessibilityservice/AccessibilityServiceInfoCompat;
    Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/app/ActionBarDrawerToggle;
    Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/app/ActionBarDrawerToggle$Delegate;
    Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/app/ActionBarDrawerToggle$DelegateProvider;
    Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/app/ActionBarDrawerToggle$SlideDrawable;
    Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/app/ActivityCompat;
    Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Landroid/support/v4/app/ActivityCompat$1;

do you have a quick solution for this problem ? when removing the android-support-v4.jar the video-picker wont work anymore.

thanks,
    Ulf

33. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

I'm not positive but perhaps you had multiple android support jar's... and because of that things wouldn't compile properly. Maybe try removing only the older android support jar and keep whichever is the updated one?

34. MESHED-space

MESHED-space

Hi, thanks i solved it by making an own folder for the video-picker in the plugin/android folder with libs directory, project.properties and manifest files, deleting only the support jar of the video picker, now unity is able to merge the androidmanifests and it seems to be working.

35. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

We don't ship android libraries as we use Google Jar Resolver project for resolving dependencies. This makes it free from conflicts when using multiple plugins.

Anyways, as you did, just delete the support jar came with the other plugin. It should work fine!

Thanks,
    VB Team

36. x0r

x0r

Hi, is there some estimation when there would be a new release supporting new ratings system? Thanks!

37. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

It should be available in Asset Store by next week.

38. Hemanth_DJ

Hemanth_DJ

script attached to WebView is missing when i imported it.And does it support Hololens, Please help i need to display a webpage and a html page in Canvas UI. Thank you

39. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi,
    Webview uses native libraries (webkit) internally to render it. It's not possible to club with Unity UI as they follow different rendering.

Thanks,
    VB Team

40. Hemanth_DJ

Hemanth_DJ

okay thanks for the reply, does it support Hololens ?

41. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

No.

42. x0r

x0r

Hey guys, if you possibly face an issue with Undefined Symbols when building in XCode, this will help (Courtesy of VoxelBusters):

Search for this line in PostProcessBuild and comment the if line alone:
    if (NPSettings.Utility.RateMyApp.IsEnabled)

so it will become:

//if (NPSettings.Utility.RateMyApp.IsEnabled)
    ExtractAndSerializeXcodeModInfo(_modDataDict, kModKeyStoreReview, kRelativePathIOSNativeCodeFolder);

43. Cuicui_Studios

Cuicui_Studios

@x0r Thanks so much I was having this issue.

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  44. stevenatunity

stevenatunity

Hi, do you support iOS Promotional IAP? Thanks :)

45. elpuerco63

elpuerco63

Hi, I have IAP setup on iTunes Connect with price and localisation as UK £1.99 but when I get a response from

Code (csharp):
    2. private void OnDidFinishProductsRequest (BillingProduct[] _regProductsList, string _error)
    3.         {
    4.             // Hide activity indicator
    6.             // Handle response
    7.             if (_error != null)
    8.             {        
    9.                 print (_error);
    10.                 // Something went wrong
    11.             }
    12.             else
    13.             {    
    14.                 print ("product is : " + _regProductsList[0].);
    16.             }
    17.         }
    I get currency symbol as $ and a price of 0.00?

46. foolish-frost

foolish-frost

Good afternoon! I'm currently doing a teardown of your plugin, and was needing to know:

Is it possible to modify or add gui elements to the camera roll/camera screens? I understand they seem to be using native code for showing them, but do we have access to source for options like adding a button to the roll that allows switching to the camera, and the camera to switch back to the roll?

47. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi,
    You are allowed to modify the source code and its shipped along with the plugin.

Thanks,
    VB Team

48. Biggix

Biggix

How do I get the user identifier so I could identify him later from another device? There are no tutorials on that. Please share code.

49. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

If you mean after logging into the Game Service, you can get the identifier from Local User's Identifier attribute.
    Please let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Thanks,
    VB Team

50. jacky-kschou

jacky-kschou

Hello! thank you for creating the Cross Platform Native Plugins free version! It saves us a lot of time.

I have a question regarding to the use of ShareSheet. I am using it this way and when I share it on Facebook , only the image is shown without the message. When I share it on Whatsapp, only the text is shown without the image. Is there anything I am doing wrong here?

ShareSheet _shareSheet = new ShareSheet();
    _shareSheet.AttachImage (someImage);
    _shareSheet.Text="someText";
    NPBinding.UI.SetPopoverPointAtLastTouchPosition();
    NPBinding.Sharing.ShowView(_shareSheet, FinishedSharing);

Thank you very much.

mtsdnz likes this.