Search Unity

NATIVE PLUGINS for Unity: iOS, Android [Need Prime31 / Easy Mobile / Stans Assets replacement??]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Voxel-Busters, Apr 4, 2015.

?

Do you want to see Windows Mobile support in CPNP? FYI, current market share is less than 3%.

Poll closed Aug 26, 2022.
  1. Ooh la la, Love to see that!

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. I don't give a damn!

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Are you crazy! Who makes games for Windows Mobile.

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

2. djfrail

djfrail

I call Game Service authentication in the first loaded scene for the release version of my game, but when testing in the editor, I can play each scene individually...that's when the GameCenter screen pops up.

It goes away after I click cancel or login, but that's annoying to have to do that every time I play the scene.

3. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Thanks for the information. We will see what can be done to avoid this :)

4. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Dotby likes this.
  5. derkoi

derkoi

6. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Sorry for the delayed reply. We scheduled the test but we need some more information which can help it better.
    1. Do you see this in all Unity versions you have?
    2. I hope you don't have any other plugins with your project. If possible try to create a new project and try exporting. Please confirm this.

The issue seems to be from Zip library and as its failing, it fails the preprocess step. This leading to the xcode errors.

Thanks,
    VB Team

7. derkoi

derkoi

Hi, as i said in my last post here, I tried in a new project with just your plugin and it failed too.

8. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@derkoi : Thanks for the info. Do you have any other unity version where you see the same issue?

Thanks,
    VB Team

9. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Can any one on Windows please confirm this issue?

10. derkoi

derkoi

No, I'm only using the one version of Unity

11. derkoi

derkoi

Hi, Any update on this? I'm waiting for a solution so I can release my game. Thanks

12. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@derkoi : Sorry for the delay. We are trying to reproduce your issue. But unfortunately till now we are unable to reproduce it. Please let us get back to you with a solution.

Thanks,
    VB Team

13. derkoi

derkoi

Hi, I've just upgraded to Unity 5.3.6f1, imported your ultra plugin in an empty project, added the demo scene and tried to build for iOS using IL2CPP backend. I get this error:

I'm using Windows 10 pro & I've tried building on both my MSI GT80 laptop and my PC and both give me errors.

14. janiche

janiche

Hello, with this asset can I handle notifications even if my app is closed, or if I dont open the app pressing the notification?

15. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

You can open the app from notification even if the app is closed or running in background.

16. janiche

janiche

I know that, but can I get notification data, as tags, even if the app if closed or running in background?

17. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

On clicking the notification, you will get a callback with notification instance which will have required data.

Thanks,
    VB Team

18. Dotby

Dotby

Voxel-Busters
    My second question about MediaLibrary.
    How can i get URL (path of video) when user pick video from device?
    Thanks.

Something like:

delegate void PickImageCompletion ( ePickImageFinishReason _reason,
    Texture2D _image
    )

with some changes

delegate void PickVideoCompletion ( ePickVideoFinishReason _reason,
    string _videoPath
    )

19. Simon_says

Simon_says

I've just updated to Unity 5.4 and I'm getting these errors in every project where I use your asset:

Is there a fix for it already?

20. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

21. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

This is currently not possible with the plugin. We pick the video and direct it to the video player instantly. May I know the usecase, if you don't mind?

Thanks,
    VB Team

22. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Guys,
    Please follow this post for Unity 5.4 fixes.
    Just import these packages and it should work fine.

Thanks,
    VB Team

23. Dotby

Dotby

I bought the plug-in (NP) in the hope that such a simple function will be included in list of features.

I need to open a video on a mobile device and play it on the Unity texture.
    To do this I need the (string) PATH to the video file.

24. Dotby

Dotby

Try to comment or change all error values to 0, or null and add a line in the NPSettings script:
    P.S: it helped me

Code (CSharp):
    2. //===ADD===
    3. if (_curBuildTargetGroup == BuildTargetGroup.WSA)
    4. {
    5. return;
    6. }
    7. //=========
    9. // Now save these changes
    10. UnityPlayerSettings.SetScriptingDefineSymbolsForGroup(_curBuildTargetGroup, string.Join(";", _newDefineSymbols.ToArray()));

25. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Sure. We will definitely evaluate this (as we need to confirm the possibility on platforms supported).

Can you please give a try to the package we posted here? Just import the package, and it should be fine.

Thanks,
    VB Team

26. Dotby

Dotby

1. Yes it works!) Thanks!)
    2. Hopefully this feature will appear in the updates. It will be very useful.

27. josephsaade

josephsaade

I am trying to integrate the ultra in a project. The editor settings are missing a lot of info.
    It works fine with an empty project.

Attached Files:

28. Mavicus

Mavicus

Great plugin! I'm almost done in my migration. Here are some issues that I encountered. These are Android only problems. I haven't tested the iOS build.

1) I'm using the Game Services for Android. When my game starts for the first time the player is prompted to select the account to use for Google Play Games. If you select an account - no problem. However, if the user cancels the account selection by tapping outside the selection box, there is an extra dialog box to dismiss. It says "Sign in failed" with an OK button. I'm trying to eliminate this dialog box. It's not a failure to cancel the account selection but rather an intent that the player doesn't want to use the game services. I know it is coming from your plugin because I used the Unity plugin from Google before and that extra dialog to dismiss is not present.

I searched the origin of the dialog and it turns out to be BaseGameUtils.java which is inside the Android Studio project included in your plugin. This somehow breaks the flow of your plugin. Instead of passing the error message to the callback it is displaying it on the screen. I recommend re-evaluating the way you use that sample java file from the playgameservices project (github).

I tried to recompile your Android Studio project but no luck. It's not that easy to do. I actually got a lot of errors saying the gradle build tool components are too old to use. Can you provide a temporary fix that disables the native error alert dialog? I prefer to use my game's UI to present the dialog.

2) The Facebook component in Sharing is great. It automatically launches the Facebook app with the screenshot image. The Twitter component is a bit weird. The user is prompted with a share dialog to choose between Twitter and another Twitter. It seems like Twitter is answering twice. One will launch the app and go to the home screen discarding the data passed to it. The other one gives the desired result. It goes to the composer with the data pre-filled with the correct message and screenshot image. How do I eliminate the redundant Twitter selection so that it matches the flow from Facebook? I want to go direct to the Twitter composer without using the Fabric sdk.

3) Your plugin is manually pausing and resuming the game via extension to MonoBehaviour. This is a bad idea because Unity already pauses and resumes the game on its own. There's no need for your plugin to perform a redundant action. Try to follow these steps to see how it becomes a problem.

Launch your game and perform a share activity. For example share a screenshot using Facebook. If you tap the back button while in Facebook, it works fine - the game resumes as expected - the callback fired. However, if you tap the Home button while in the Facebook composer, it exits both Facebook and the game by going to the device's home screen. Here's where the problem is. If you launch the game it remains on a paused state with no way to resume. You need to force-quit the game. This is happening because your sharing callback did not get called to manually resume the game.

My workaround was to disable your plugin's pause/resume extension to MonoBehaviour. You may want to do the same on future release of your plugin.

Overall your plugin is a great value and it really speeds up game development. A code base that will work in both Android and iOS is the reason why I bought it. Providing the source code makes it easy to disable features that are not needed. I hope you find this feedback useful.

Attached Files:

29. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@Mavicus : Thanks for the very productive and constructive feedback.
    We will definitely consider the suggestions in the coming update.
    1. We got the feedback on the same and we will try to find a better alternative. Its a bit tough to get the reason behind the failure so used the default dialog expecting it to deliver appropriate message. How ever it doesn't help much and we do consider an alternative for this to make it more smooth as you suggested.

2. Need to check with the latest Twitter and get back to you. Usually this happens if we get the activities which are responding to a particular data share type. Seems like Twitter has two such activities.

3. We will have a test on it on older Unity versions once and see if its really required. Thanks for the note on this.

Once again thanks a lot for stopping by and telling that you liked our plugin :)

Cheers,
    VB Team

30. Dev_Sebas

Dev_Sebas

Hi!
    I´m using last version of CPNP(1.3.1.1), playmaker(1.8.1) and your custom actions made for playmaker.
    Using actions like "User Interface Show Alert Dialog" theres a problem with them.
    If I don't choose any button (set value = 0), it shows the interface alert dialog.
    But if I choose to have 1 or more buttons, the interface alert dialog don't appears. And I receive this error on console.

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
    VoxelBusters.NativePlugins.PlayMaker.FSMUtils.ToStringList (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmString[] _fsmStringList) (at Assets/VoxelBusters/NativePlugins/PlayMaker/Scripts/Utilities/FSMUtils.cs:20)
    VoxelBusters.NativePlugins.PlayMaker.UserInterfaceShowAlertDialog.OnEnter () (at Assets/VoxelBusters/NativePlugins/PlayMaker/Scripts/Actions/UI/UserInterfaceShowAlertDialog.cs:60)
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.ActivateActions (Int32 startIndex) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:201)
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.OnEnter () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:169)
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.EnterState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2488)
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.SwitchState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState toState) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2446)
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.UpdateStateChanges () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2374)
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.UpdateState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2504)
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.Update () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:1758)
    PlayMakerFSM.Update () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMakerFSM.cs:486)

So, it seems the action isn´t able to work correctly.
    Can you guys make anything to solve this? I would appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    Dev_Seb

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  31. Dev_Sebas

Dev_Sebas

32. KVinS

KVinS

I have long enjoyed the free version.
    I moved to the paid and ...

stderr[
    Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/android/gms/internal/zzma;
    Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/android/gms/internal/zzma$1;
    Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/android/gms/internal/zzmb;
    Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/android/gms/internal/zzmc;
    Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/android/gms/internal/zzmd;
    Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/android/gms/internal/zzas;
    Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/android/gms/internal/zzat;
    Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/android/gms/internal/zzlv;
    Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/android/gms/internal/zzlw;

Unity3d 5.4.1 and last Google AdMob

33. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Please remove google-play-services folder if you have it in Asset/Plugins/Android folder.

@Dev_Sebas Apologies for the delayed reply. Please use our forum for quick reply. We will check and let you know.

Thanks,
    VB Team

34. KVinS

KVinS

It there never was.

35. KVinS

KVinS

Oh lol... You about "measurement". Sorry!

36. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

In-fact i meant google-play-services folder only. Incase if you delete the measurement, try clicking the Assets/Google Jar Resolver/Resolve menu to add it if required.

Thanks,
    VB Team

37. indie6

indie6

hey! does the lite version supports In-App purchase for both android and iOS?

38. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@indie6 Lite version only had limited features and IAP is not in the list. Only Ultra and Billing Versions support IAP for both iOS and Android.

Thanks,
    VB Team

39. kenshin

kenshin

Hi @Voxel-Busters

I am interested to buy your Ultra pack, but I need to understand more what I can do with WebView.
    Please, can you explain what I can do and show me an example screenshot?

I apologize for the noob question, but I really need to understand :)

40. arkon

arkon

Before I buy this pack I have some questions.

I want to use iCloud Drive on my IOS apps but I also release an OSX version so how easy is it to add OSX iCloud Drive access?

I also release android versions so need to access an Android equivalent of iCloud Drive, to store files and download those files back into the app.

Does your free version of this plugin do any of the above?

41. Calvin2274

Calvin2274

Dear Voxel Busters

We are using Cross Platform Native Plugins to implement both push and local notifications.
    however, I've got situation that the notifications cannot show the full message on Android, it should allow you to scroll down but it is truncated now.

I read this post :
    http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/986220/android-ios-push-notifications.html
    >> On receiving payload, on Android you need to do handle on your own to display it where as on iOS its automated.

so did native plugin handled to display it as truncated ? and how can i display full message and able to scroll down ?

Best Regards,
    Calvin Chan

42. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Hi @Calvin2274 : In the latest update on asset store, it should cover multi line feature rather than a single line earlier. Can you please confirm the length of the text or a screenshot of your issue? It would be great if you can post on our forum page to assist you easily.

Thanks,
    VB Team

43. Shizola

Shizola

I'm getting a crash using this with Unity 5.5. I guess it's not compatible yet?

44. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@Shizola Can you please let us know on which platform you see this issue as well as the error log?

45. bzAdam

bzAdam

Hi, the settings panel isn't complete in 5.5. The dropdowns do not have any content. Is it compatible?

Attached Files:

• np.png
      np.png
      File size:
      42.9 KB
      Views:
  46. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

@bzAdam : This is the only issue we have for 5.5 currently.
    The issue you mentioned could be because of external plugin you have. Can you please confirm if you have Google Analytics plugin? If so please check the additional step note in this post once.

Thanks,
    VB Team

47. bzAdam

bzAdam

Thanks that was it, I had another Analytics lib. Thanks

Voxel-Busters likes this.
  48. jprocha101

jprocha101

49. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

jprocha101 likes this.
  50. Robota

Robota

Hello @Voxel-Busters,
    about IAP, does your plugin support subscription? If not is it planned?

Thanks.