Search Unity

Native plugin in package causing copy/delete errors

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by SLGSimon, Nov 21, 2019.

1. SLGSimon

SLGSimon

I'm getting errors for my native DLL in my custom package (from git https://github.com/StrangeLoopGames/RuntimeGraphicsInfo)

Could not delete file 'Library/ScriptAssemblies/RuntimeGraphicsInfo.dll.bak'

UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorCompilationInterface:TickCompilationPipeline(EditorScriptCompilationOptions, BuildTargetGroup, BuildTarget) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Scripting/ScriptCompilation/EditorCompilationInterface.cs:371)​

and

Copying assembly from 'Temp/RuntimeGraphicsInfo.dll' to 'Library/ScriptAssemblies/RuntimeGraphicsInfo.dll' failed​

Is there something I can do to stop this from happening? I suspect it has something to do with the native plugin being loaded in the editor...

2. samuelb_unity

samuelb_unity

Unity Technologies

3. SLGSimon

SLGSimon

Let me ask a package manager specific question then: what is expected to happen when you have a native dll in a package and the package updates? As native plugins are never unloaded it would always cause an error correct?

4. SLGSimon

SLGSimon

It looks like the problem was caused by an error on my part, I renamed the native dlls to something else, and it was instead trying to load the managed dll into itself.

Now that is working correctly, I can't update the package while unity is running - as I expected - as the native plugin is loaded from there.