Search Unity

Native Localization - Best Practices

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tobias_unity, Jul 10, 2020.

1. tobias_unity

tobias_unity

Hey Devs,

I created an app using Unity and now I'm looking into localization for further reach and a better user experience.

However, as far as I can tell all the options Unity seems to offer does not comply with Apple's native localization in xCode. This means I can not get an option to change screenshots, description etc. on the App Store.

Any of you guy who have found a way to do this correctly?

2. Ukounu

Ukounu

Screenshots/app name/description are set in the App Store (appstoreconnect.apple.com). When you publish a new app or submit a new version, there is a dropdown menu with languages (in the top-right corner). You can add app name/description/version information/screenshots in any languages you want, disregardful of your game actually having those languages or not.

In order to display supported languages on your game's App Store listing (where it says Information > Languages), in XCode go to "Info" tab, add "Localizations" Key from drop-down menu (by default it will have one item - English), and then add new item with two-letter ISO language code (as Value) for every language you support (fr for French, es for Spanish, etc.)