Search Unity

Native dialogue issues? Game Center auth failure. Freeze on notification permission request.

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by exerion, Jul 15, 2016.

1. exerion

exerion

Hi :)

We've had a couple of strange bugs. In both instances it's at the point when a native iOS dialogue should appear for either Game Center or to set permissions for notifications but doesn't appear. In both instances no errors are logged.

We used to wait for to see whether Game Center authentication succeeded or failed before continuing to load our game but recently it occasionally fails to return a result. We no longer wait for Game Center authentication to return a result before continuing to load our game.

Occasionally at the point in our game when the user is prompted to allow or deny notifications our game freezes. It doesn't crash or error, it appears to be waiting for a response as to whether the user has allowed or denied notifications. When I have been able to reproduce this problem after minimizing the app and opening it again things progress as usual.

I don't know for sure if these problems are related.

Is anyone else experiencing these intermittent problems?

2. rknapp

rknapp

I am experiencing the same problem with the iOS native dialog requesting permissions for local notes. Did you ever figure out the problem?