Search Unity

Native Crash when moved to unity 2017.2

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by gamepower7, Nov 7, 2017.

1. gamepower7

gamepower7

Hi
    when I updated my game to unity 2017.2 , I've started to get wired crashes :

Native Crash - std::vector<std::pair<std::pair<unsigned short, unsigned short>, float>, std::allocator<std::pair<std::pair<unsigned short, unsigned short>, float> > >::_M_default_append(unsigned int) (Unknown File)

Stack trace
    Thread 0 (crashed)
    0 libunity.so std::vector<std::pair<std::pair<unsigned short, unsigned short>, float>, std::allocator<std::pair<std::pair<unsigned short, unsigned short>, float> > >::_M_default_append(unsigned int)
    1 . <unknown>
    2 libunity.so std::vector<std::pair<std::pair<unsigned short, unsigned short>, float>, std::allocator<std::pair<std::pair<unsigned short, unsigned short>, float> > >::_M_default_append(unsigned int)
    3 . <unknown>

Native Crash - std::vector<unsigned char, std::allocator<unsigned char> >::_M_default_append(unsigned int) (Unknown File)

Stack trace
    Thread 0 (crashed)
    0 libunity.so std::vector<unsigned char, std::allocator<unsigned char> >::_M_default_append(unsigned int)

I'm getting those rashes on both platforms Android and iOS

any idea ?

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

It seems you found a regression. In this case I recommend to submit a bug-report following the advice given in this document.

Using the bug-reporter seems to be an important step, because it makes sure the report is in Unity Technologies bug-tracking pipeline and has to be processed at some point. Using the forum is often used to add to a little more attention to a bug-report, but does not replace submitting the bug-report.

It's from advantage to attach a project to the bug-report that UT can use to reproduce the issue and test their fix against. Providing a project to reproduce the issue is even more important if it's a crash bug. The easier an issue can be reproduced by QA, the more likely it is to get forwarded to a developer, who might or might not work on a bug-fix for that at some point.

After you submitted the bug-report, you receive a confirmation email with a Case number. UT often asks us to post the Case number in the forum thread, which allows them to find that bug-report if they look at your post.

Following these steps will increase the chance that UT is looking at your issue tremendously.

3. yang88369668

yang88369668

hi,@gamepower7,
    I met this problem, too.Have you found a way to solve the problem?