Search Unity

Bug Native Crash - KiUserExceptionDispatcher starting Unity 2020.3.43f1, onwards.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Immu, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Immu

Immu

Hello, i'm puzzled by crashes that have suddenly started to plagued my players.
    My game (Runtime - windows64bits) randomly crash on *any* Unity version above 2020.3.42.

Mostly Native Crash - TppExceptionFilter & Native Crash - KiUserExceptionDispatcher

I couldn't find any operating system specificity or common graphic card that could be the cause. I have a very wide range of players computers. From 6Gb to 32Gb ram users, all eventually gets the issue at some point (albeit the stronger the computer, the less frequent).

i've rebuild on cloud build the oldest stable version, with no changes but just different unity version (2020.3.42 to 2020.3.43), it became unstable starting 2020.3.43f1 (aka, users are now having crashes after a certain amount of time or certain actions (different actions depending on each users) when they're playing on the game build with any new version of Unity.

I have no good way to reproduce them exactly, and my game is already 6 years in the making on unity, so quite complex to figure out where this could be faulty (it happens (seemingly) randomly for everyone). Apart from using lower configs (they're the quickest to get crashes, so I guess.. ram or cpu threads related ?

I've also tried building for 2021.3.22, and 2022. The issue is still there...

You're my only hope !
    Thx

Attached Files:

2. Immu

Immu