Search Unity

Bug Native Crash - il2cpp\libil2cpp\vm\Liveness.cpp:454

Discussion in 'Android' started by Vladnee, Jan 12, 2023.

1. Vladnee

Vladnee

Hello, after the new release we encounter this crash that affects android sessions; please see the stack trace. Seems like it's Unity related... Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Unity 2021.3.12f1, also tested on 2021.3.16f1, both has the same issue

Thank you for your time and support.

Attached Files:

2. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

This usually means there is some corruption in a managed object allocated on the heap. The Liveness code happens to notice it, because it is a type of garbage collector for assets that follows all object reference to build a graph.

Is this a problem that you can reproduce reliably? If so, the first place to look is for unsafe C# code access in the code in your project. That could be a source of corruption. In addition, it could be a problem in the Unity code as well.

3. Vladnee

Vladnee

Hello, thank you for your reply!

I couldn't manage to reproduce it locally. I only see it in crash analytics for users, moreover, only on devices with ARMv7 processors.

Seeing the stack, I assume there is a problem with unloading unused assets, and players complain that the game crashes when transitioning between lobby and match scenes.

4. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

This is consistent with some kind of unknown object corruption. ARMv7 only also suggests that maybe it is related to unaligned memory reads, although that is just a guess.

Problems like this are often difficult to pinpoint, unfortunately.