Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Native arrays cause crashes in standalone builds (2019.2a14)

Discussion in '2019.2 Beta' started by Imakhiil, May 4, 2019.

1. Imakhiil

Imakhiil

The following code always causes a crash after the project is built (even though it works inside the editor)
    Code (CSharp):
    2. using UnityEngine;
    3. using Unity.Collections;
    5. public class Tests : MonoBehaviour
    6. {
    7.     void Start()
    8.     {
    9.         Debug.Log("1");
    10.         var tileNeighbors = new NativeArray<int>(11, Allocator.Persistent);
    11.         Debug.Log("2");
    12.         tileNeighbors.Dispose();
    13.     }
    14. }
    A quick inspection of logs after the crash reveals that it's caused by allocation of the array.

2. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

3. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Unity should never crash, thus could please submit a bug-report as described in this document:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

It's important that you report these issues together with a reproduction project if you want them to get fixed. If you don't do it, it might be a long time until someone else reports them or until Unity Technologies find them.

After you submitted the bug-report, you receive a confirmation email with a bug-report Case number. Please post the Case number (number only, not the link) in this forum thread for Unity staff to pick up.

4. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

If it's the same bug, it's already been reported (I provided issue ID on my thread) + Unity is aware of that issue. Support already closed my ticket.

Peter77 likes this.
  5. Imakhiil

Imakhiil

After some further debugging, I believe its the same issue as rizu's so I'll skip submiting a duplicate bug report.