Search Unity

Namespace error for "Words"

Discussion in 'Graphics for ECS' started by alloplastic, Jun 4, 2021.

1. alloplastic

alloplastic

Hi,

I'm installing Hybrid Renderer for the first time, updating an existing project, so some things may be out of sync.

I resolved various dependencies, but I haven't been able to track down a missing reference to a "Words" class in the Entities package.

The relevant code, line 33 in ResolveSceneReferenceSystem.cs:

Code (CSharp):
    1.         //@TODO: Switch back to NativeString512 once bugs are fixed
    2.         public Words ScenePath;
    3.         public Words HybridPath;
    A snapshot of the Entities dependencies in my project.

Any idea what might be out of sync? I looked in places like Unity.Collections but couldn't find something called "Words".

Thanks in advance...

2. SebLazyWizard

SebLazyWizard

I got the same issue and fixed it by installing the recommended package versions (well I just removed any DOTS related packages and let the package manager install all dependency packages of the HR).
    It's generally not recommended to update dependency packages on your own (cause incompatibility issues can occur), so let the package manager do it's work.

3. alloplastic

alloplastic

Thanks... that did the trick. There was an old version of Jobs installed, possibly among other things.

Packages I explicitly removed, right or wrong: Hybrid Renderer, Jobs, Burst, Platforms Linux (needed to be removed so that I could remove Jobs, I think). I think Entities was removed automatically with Hybrid Renderer.

From there, I just needed to reinstall Hybrid Renderer, I think. (Platforms Linux of course being a separate topic related to my particular deployment target... and still untested.)