Search Unity

Mythic Quest : Raven's Banquet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zombiegorilla, Feb 7, 2020.

1. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Has anyone watched this yet? It a new series about game development company. From the description:
    I am a little over half way through, and it isn't bad. It's not exactly Silicon Valley, but has its moments.

https://tv.apple.com/us/show/mythic-quest-ravens-banquet/umc.cmc.1nfdfd5zlk05fo1bwwetzldy3?l=en

Peter77 likes this.
  2. neoshaman

neoshaman

What the chance it escape the apple tv ghetto?

Gekigengar, Tzan and Socrates like this.
  3. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

I finished it, and it ended up being fairly entertaining. Enough inside stuff to be entertaining, and did a good job at glossing over the other other bits. Ultimately, it was a good story, and a creative arc. It certainly references games well enough to be about games, but the larger story is about the professional creative industry. Plus the whole flash back with an indie horror game that becomes popular is a lot of fun.

4. neoshaman

neoshaman

You are just making grassroot marketing for a paywall right now :p

5. tree_arb

tree_arb

You've got to pay the troll toll if you want this boys soul

6. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

It is from the creators of Always Sunny (about as big an indie success story as you can get), and is about game development. If you don't want to, or can't subscribe to that particular service or whatever, cool. But streaming services isn't the topic, a show about game development is.

neoshaman likes this.
  7. neoshaman

neoshaman

That's the part I sadly want but can't comment on, teaser looks like a bunch of situation I have witness.

8. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

It does a pretty good job of showing studio life, and the personality types associated with it. A couple of early episodes got a little too much into technical details that it didn't get right, later episodes avoided that completely. And they do kinda portray the fantasy version of QA. Midway, they do dive into a whole indie studio story that is pretty cool, and cleverly done. Ubisoft did the in game graphics, which actually fit well, I have seen other shows that feature fake game graphics that are terrible.
    AppleTV is does have a free trial period. One could binge it. ;)

neoshaman likes this.
  9. neoshaman

neoshaman

I need access to an appletv first, assuming it can be accessed in my region. I can't even access stadia or gforce now, despite decent internet infrastructure, we must have cootie or something.