Search Unity

Mystical Public Beta 0.1

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by blue2fox, Apr 6, 2009.

1. blue2fox

blue2fox

I've recently been working on a small multiplayer game. It's still very much a work in progress, but I was hoping to get some constructive feedback from the Unity community. Hopefully you guys can help me out. Please give the game a download and give me some comments, and suggestions. I haven't been able to do much testing for the Windows platform, so I'm not too sure how well it runs on Windows.

Please visit the game's website, and download the game for Mac or Windows: http://www.donaldwono.com/Mystical/Home.html Thanks for your help.

2. blue2fox

blue2fox

It seems that I forgot to reset the character's level, gold amount, stat points, skill points, and intelligence before I compiled the game. Here's an update which resets all those values to the initial value.

Bellow is are download links to MegaUpload:
    Mac Version: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J3OEN31X 86.3MB
    Windows Version http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6L2GARTN 80.2MB

Here are some in-game screen shots:

Thanks for trying out Mystical, and please provide some feedback.

3. minevr

minevr

Take a look

ps:images error :x

4. blue2fox

blue2fox

Sorry Minevr, I don't understand. Could you specify what you mean by images error? Thanks.

5. Nitro

Nitro

Downloading now...will give it a test for you on Windows Vista 64. :D

Like your screenshots...

Will post some feedback once installed.

Nitro

6. Nitro

Nitro

I had like 10 - 12 errors when unzipping the file, no specific error other than a error report.

I was still able to launch the game. Not sure if you have a server running, as it did not list any available so I just created one.

The default opening was a map, took me just a few seconds to realize that it was not a loading screen and actually a map. :)

In the creation screen, I chose a male elf, however, I ended up being a female elf when I spawned in the game. :eek:

I like the window explaining the controls being open as default. After some reading I set myself up with the fireball skill.

I wanted to venture around a bit, so I headed out of town. The camera control feels a little funny, as if I am floating up and down. I really like the way you tied it into the character looking up and down.

The clipping plane seems a little low, not sure if that was your intention, as I ventured only a small distance from town I no longer could see it.

I jumped into a battle with some zombies close to town. Took me a few tries to learn to aim the fireball, so my first encounter ended with my demise.
    I quickly ran back out to find them and try again. This time doing much better as I scored my first kill.

I noticed my hitpoints were low, so I decided to venture back into town for some gear. The regen on healing seems a little bit slow, I managed to shop and buy several pieces of armor and equip it, still not reaching max hit points.

I had no sound during the entire time, not sure if that was the error files that didn't unzip. Other than that had no trouble running in windows.

Looks like you did alot of work, has a good feel to it. I want to try it out again, but will have to wrap it for now.

Good job!

Nitro

7. blue2fox

blue2fox

Thanks for trying the game out Nitro. :D
    - For now, I only have 2 playable models haha, if you choose to be on the "Order" team no matter what character you choose, you get a female elf, and if you choose to be on "Chaos" no matter which character you choose you get a corrupted female. I'm working on rigging and putting the other characters in.
    - The clipping plane was set a little low, I agree, and thanks for telling me that. I will try to add an option to increase the Clipping Plane in future releases. I was afraid the frame rate would be low if I had a bigger Clipping Plane, but I guess that should be up to the Players.
    - As for sound, currently I haven't put any sound effects in yet. I'm looking into sound effects libraries, and going to check and see if I can use some sound effects from Garage Band, Royalty free... (Not sure about that though) Maybe I'll just do some banging and clanging myself, muhaha....
    - I don't have my own server running, because my internet connection isn't all that great. I've set up the game so that people can only join games when the host is in the Character Selection Level, so that everyone starts at the same time. I figured it wouldn't be fair for late joiners to join a team and be at a low level. (I got that idea from DOTA muhaha)

Thanks again for trying the game out, and the great analysis. :D