Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Mystery Dungeon-esque Techniques

Discussion in 'World Building' started by critmanichx732, Aug 31, 2019.

1. critmanichx732

critmanichx732

I'm making an MMO, and for a Special Location in the World i'd love to have an Etrian Odyssey and Persona Q type Labyrinth but Scaled up to fit an Open World RPG/FPS sort of vibe. I say RPG/FPS because the Game World there are two Enormous Continents one for RPG style gameplay, and the Other for More Modern Tech. Of course the Labyrinth would be in the Center in the ocean area, and would involve PvP and PvE where Science and Tech vs Old Kingdom and Armour and Weapons would take place. Of course, that's beside the point.

What I need to figure out is where to Start. What Code to Write, and how to finish strong. Any Advice is welcome.

Basically I'm new to C# and Game Development, and I need a place to share my ideas and get feedback on how to implement them.

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

An MMO is far beyond beginner level. Start with some simple tutorials and build a single-player RPG or FPS game. There are countless Youtube tutorials that take you from zero all the way up.

3. critmanichx732

critmanichx732

You're right. I will put Project Zero on the back-burner until I have more experience. Thanks for the reply. As for what to start off with i'm thinking of making a simple RPG that I can use as a base and tack more stuff on to it eventually. A minimum viable project if you will.