Search Unity

1. We've closed the job boards. If you're looking for work, or looking to hire check out Unity Connect. You can see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2017.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Unity Gear Store is here to help you look great at your next meetup, user group or conference. With all new Unity apparel, stickers and more!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're a macOS 10.13 High Sierra user take be sure to read this before updating Unity.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Introducing the Unity Essentials Packs! Find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Unity 2017.3 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice

Mysterious 7MB memory leak in iOS?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by StarManta, Dec 5, 2017.

1. StarManta

StarManta

(using: Unity 5.6.3)

I came across an unexplained phenomenon in our Unity-built iOS project: After the initial loading, the game would then slowly creep up memory usage (while nothing was happening) until it reached a certain point, 7MB higher than it started. I began disabling various startup systems at random until I decided to build a blank project and get a baseline. Lo and behold: the same memory leak, on a blank scene (see screenshot). Obviously the baseline memory usage was different but the increase is the same, 7MB.

I can't be the only one who's seen this, right? Any explanations?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  2. StarManta

StarManta

I just checked, and this issue still exists in 2017.2 for blank projects.

Attached Files:

MrEsquire likes this.
  3. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

You tried 2017.3 beta just to see for curiosity?

4. StarManta

StarManta

I don't have that installed (I did have 2017.2), and don't plan to install it just to test one bug, especially since the release notes don't mention anything about memory improvements.