Search Unity

[MyFirstGame] ProjectT.O.Y.S {Work in Progress}

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by atomicpang123abc, Apr 29, 2013.

1. atomicpang123abc

atomicpang123abc

Hello, this is my first time posting on the Unity forums. I'm here to show you a little bit of my game I am currently developing. It is called ProjectT.O.Y.S, It is about a little girl named Anna who wakes up during the night only to discover that the power is out and strange noises are coming from the house. She must check out what's happening and get to her parents before danger gets to her.
    ProjectT.O.Y.S is a Survival Horror game made by me and only me. It is set in current times and is in a first person perspective. The main item you have in the game is your torch and your mind. I have been working on the game for about 6 months or so and have been learning things on my way such as scripting, 3D modeling and general game design. I one day wish to put my game out there for people to play and enjoy and hope that Unity helps me become a better game designer and learn more and more through out development.

Anyways, Let's get on to the game shall we?
    Here are some screenshot's of the game [NOTE that is is in early development]

Sorry I cant get too many screenshot's simply because it will ruin the experience if you know what happens. I have implemented fantastic music, sound effects and ambient sounds to further immerse the player into the experience, along with full voice acting for the main girl, who sometimes needs to talk to herself to calm herself down or talk about what just happened. The player should eventually be emotionally connected to the main character and understand what she is going through, they should relate to her and feel the emotions she is feeling at that time.

I'm sorry I can't show you much of the game so far but be sure to tell me what you think of the idea and the project so far, share with me your ideas for the game and how i can improve on the game. Tell me how you think the graphics hold up from the screen shot's as i am new to creating 3D models and want to challenge myself to ONLY use what i make so that my skills later on can improve over time.

Thank You for your time and look forward to more on the game in upcoming weeks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  2. taichiu727

taichiu727

too dark but looks good :)

3. atomicpang123abc

atomicpang123abc

Thank you, remember darkness is key to most horror games, just look at the amazing ways Amnesia uses it. By using shadows and darkness, the experience is enhanced dramatically. In my game I will use a combination of sound and shadowing to further immurse the player into the horrors that is ProjectT.O.Y.S!

4. Whobeme

Whobeme

This looks great cannot wait to see further progress!

5. oysterCAKE

oysterCAKE

Useful trick to keep the darkness, but to give slightly more spacial awareness, one that I've been using in my project, is to set very dark fog (10,10,10 eg). It won't light the place up, but it will add a better sense of space.

6. carking1996

carking1996

I cannot view the images. Try posting the original links to the images. Or, upload them somewhere.

7. atomicpang123abc

atomicpang123abc

Uploaded them, you should be able to see the images now!

8. atomicpang123abc

atomicpang123abc

Here's the first trailer for the game, showing off some game play. Enjoy!