Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

My Weapon Models

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Assassin2B, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Assassin2B

Assassin2B

Hello everyone! I don't think this is my first post but this is the first one in a VERY long time. I just wanted to get some feedback on some of my weapons that I modeled for the game "Frontier: Modern Combat" (Link to Update 2 here)

Anyways, here are my models, feedback would be great so I know what I can improve upon when I model more when I do. They are modeled in MAYA. Also,there are a lot :)

----
    870MCS / Shotgun

AK-74M / Assault Rifle

CM901 / Battle Rifle

L2A3 / Sub Machine Gun

M4A1 / Assault Rifle

M40A5 / Sniper Rifle

MP5N / Sub Machine Gun

PP-19 Bizon / Sub Machine Gun

RFB / Battle Rifle

RO635 / Sub Machine Gun

SVDS Dragunov / Sniper Rifle

P.S. My modeling experience is only around 6 months. Currently, I am taking a class in school for 3D modeling.

2. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

They look great :D i would try and add some scratches and chips on the textures to make them look even better :)

3. Assassin2B

Assassin2B

Thanks! Right now they have Maya built bling textures, but when I truly texture them, I will make sure they have those scratches. :)

4. larvantholos

larvantholos

I notice that you have some effective detail on all the barrels, but on every gun as it goes to the back/handles you lose a lot of detail - this can be a big issue, your seeing the back end of the gun primarily if its a fps - so you want to have at least adequate detailing there, but I also note it really squares off on all those models towards the back. In some instances that inline with the design of the gun, but in other instances, like where the grip is, you wouldn't be able to grip any of those weapons comfortably because of how thick and square the grips are. I would suggest studying some references closer to see what I mean - you might be trying to cull some poly's at the back of your guns, but you'd be better off using some there to make it look right, rather than stressing about them.

5. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

Larvy is right, you could add alot of the detail but defently make the grips more curved(i dont know anything about guns so cant think of what it looks like in real life)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  6. larvantholos

larvantholos

Titany, spell check is your friend man! My name starts with an L, if its to long to type, Larvy is fine ;) I'm not sure what "girps" is either, but I did lol. ;) you might not think its a big deal, but you post a lot, and I read your posts a lot (since I seem to be chatting in a lot of the same threads) and your creating communication misunderstandings for yourself and others trying to speak with you. Some which has evolved into fights because of this miss-communication, I'm sure I'm not the only other person out there who would appreciate this, thanks!

7. Assassin2B

Assassin2B

Thanks for all the feedback! I'll see what I can do :)