Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

My Unity Shooter Engine - new update 1.5!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by _Slava, Jul 12, 2010.

1. JiffOrange

JiffOrange

Got anything on a manual yet? ....had a play with the scripts and very nice but could do with a little help now.

Cheers,

Jiff

2. superdave

superdave

how do i make it were i can use the hero model? for the character and not the capsule

3. _Slava

_Slava

New version - 1.7. I have updated first post with new links to new demos - now with new FPS Player prefab!

After 3.2 the old demos did not work - some changes in locomotion setup was required and at least 2.94 version of A* pathfinding is required for new unity releases...

4. elias_t

elias_t

Nice release and very stable!

I tried it with a* 2.94 and it works fine.

Keep up the good work _Slava.

5. Warrior1424

Warrior1424

How did you get the FPSC hands with animations into Unity? I tried everything. And the pack looks cool too.

6. jonbonazza

jonbonazza

Not really an "Engine" so to speak, but nice none-the-less!

7. PwnGenerator

PwnGenerator

when you placed the new astar in did the camera spin around because for me the camera is always spinning and also when I die the camera spins aswell, can someone please tell me what to do, and good work _Slava!

EDIT: don't worry It's just my project folder, I must've stuffed something up, wait, im using another PC which has 3.2 and on my main PC I have 3.3 and on the 3.3 the camera spins, so could that be whats causing it?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  8. drewradley

drewradley

I don't know about the hands but Ultimate Unwrap ports all the other FPSC models I've tried. You'll have to go through and figure out the animation frames yourself though... (please share if you do! - the frames numbers, not the models)

9. xenoblackinc

xenoblackinc

can you make it to where you don't need to have locomotion? my character keeps jumping around like a bunny it's getting on my nerves.

10. darrelljr00

darrelljr00

Well.. i know from experience that pulling locomotion from this project is doable.. but will be ALOT of work. since there are other scripts beyond animation that require locomtion.. So this will require modifying probably about 10 scripts.. (NOT FUN)..

11. _Slava

_Slava

xenoblackinc, increase "Anti Banny Hop Factor" setting in character motor - it is specially for jumping.
    yes, removing of locomotion is doable, but it requires some work as darrelljr00 wrote. But I do not know why - It will not look better without it...

And I have added new underwater demo - http://the3daction.com/unity-shooter-engine/underwater-system-demo
    I made underwater system for my engine - Underwater Effects script, if exist in the scene, handles any scene cameras and sound effects. If Player, AI, any ragdoll or rigidbody object has Water Interactions script - it can have some water interactions params. Both FPS or TPS Players now have oxigen meter and asphyxia damage, no falling damage in water, player does not talk underwater.
    AIs have similar params and max underwater time. when exceeded, enemies will stop hunting and will try to get out of water, if not too late.

12. mehware

mehware

I checked out your demos, pretty sweet stuff.

13. ognjenm

ognjenm

how to setup enemy's on new scene??

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  14. ddesmond

ddesmond

It looks good, I have one suggestion though. To make a package with just the essential components. This way it an be used as a 'framework' and can be added to someone's game. The way it is now, someone has to wrap their game around your game, which isn't that convenient.

15. minevr

minevr

Great game!

16. Vampire

Vampire

can someone do a small tutorial on it until the manual comes out?

17. EclipseGamesLLC

EclipseGamesLLC

I setup my character with everything, but my character dont seem to work with the playeranimation script, I replaced it with the platform script default from locomotion system, and that works, but the player animation doesnt, how do i fix that

18. _Slava

_Slava

You can ask me anything about setup on my site's forum, if you bought it

19. KillerScript

KillerScript

Your Option System is copied :\..!!??!.?

20. makan

makan

Awesome, it makes the job easier...

21. ddesmond

ddesmond

Hi Slava,

Can you provide the strategy you envisioned for someone to integrate this in a new project. From what I can see, you have to use this as a starting point at wrap your game around it.

22. _Slava

_Slava

It can be exported as unitypackage into other project. Only then you should specify some buttons in Input manager, like Camera, BurstMode, Crouch, Reload etc. And tags - Enemy, Friend - they used by AI scripts, Concrete, Metal, Wood, Glass... etc - used by bullet and footstep scripts. Also many scripts use layer masks - no any specific layers used in the scripts, but you must use enough layers to make it work.
    For sure, just add same buttons, tags and layers as it was set in my project (and in same order for tags and layers).

23. ddesmond

ddesmond

Thanks for the quick response, that was very helpful

24. janov

janov

Hi Slava.

The U.S.E. is very good work indeed

I would be very interested in using the U.S.E. for my next game. Does it work on iphone ipad and android phones?

When do you plan to release the next version of the Unity Shooter Engine?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  25. _Slava

_Slava

It still does not work on mobiles - it require to add more compability due to some GetComponent issues. But I work on it - I already have added touchpad controls for both fps and tps players. I plan to end it, but after next version - I already have too much new features added - gamesaves, intros (as movies or animated cameras), third person player with no jitter and much much more... I need some time to make a new demo, then I will update it...

26. pepur

pepur

Why when I delete all meshes,enemies etc (only player) or I have new scene the fps is very low? (20 frames per secon on new scene)

27. EclipseGamesLLC

EclipseGamesLLC

Yea i get the same, also I cant get my character to move still without the soldier_locomotion prefab. and my upper body animations (player animations) arent working either

28. EclipseGames

EclipseGames

Yea im getting the same

29. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

Very awesome!

30. pepur

pepur

Awsome? This package is useless at this time.

31. _Slava

_Slava

pepur, player will not work in your new level, if it has not GameStatus and LevelsStatus scripts. And your level will have lack in performance without those scripts - some player scripts require these scripts to work. Also, place in your empty level PauseMenu script, if your level has not GUI prefab (GUI prefab has this script already) - it will handle your cursor. Assign GUISkin to your menu too.
    After all these actions, your new level will be ready for player and other prefabs and scripts.

EclipseGames - maybe it helps you too?

And if my demo level works good on your computer, I do not think it is useless, but it is not simple to make working level quickly...

lVampirel - I can't understand yet what is wrong with your character - animations should work if assigned and if it has working locomotion setup... Can you send it to me - I'll see where is a problem.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  32. EclipseGamesLLC

EclipseGamesLLC

How do you want me to send it to you?

33. pezz

pezz

Nice work Slava. Keep it up!

34. pepur

pepur

Why I have only 24 fps on all yours levels? (in my new level too)
    In your demo level is only 1-2 AI, simple brush level and 24 fps!?

35. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

@_Slava Im your fan!!! You are a good scripter! Im learning scripting by myself and hope to become a game developer.

36. pepur

pepur

Please fix the low fps, maybe you scripts have errors?
    In Profiler only you scripts generate heavy traffic.

37. _Slava

_Slava

pepur, I really do not see such problem on my old Atlon and old GeForce 7200. Mostly pathfinding and LegAnimator affects performance, not my scripts. Check is GameStatus and LevelStatus scripts in your level - look at Console for errors.

lVampirel - your level has not Gamestatus script, and player is not properly configured:
    weapon and animation arrays have different size. you can leave element 0 for all arrays empty, if your character has not hands/knife animation - don't assign anything to it. so set all weapon/animation arrays size = 4, for your 3 weapons.
    move player's camera into player root object. assign "MainCamera" tag to it.
    HeadLookController's targetTransform not assigned.
    move two camera's aim target objects from player hierarchy back to scene.
    Look at Console too for errors - maybe I have missed something. But your player walks already after those changes.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  38. U7Games

U7Games

Nice game, remembers me Mirror´s Edge, did you use beast lightmap or 3dapp one?

39. _Slava

_Slava

No, I baked it in 3dsmax.

40. ersaurabh101

ersaurabh101

i wana buy it, i have few questions

1. will u give us any help docs ?
    2. when i play, i get the blue access card, but when i go near the door it does not open, are there any errors in game ?
    3. if i want to know like -

a> how to change the character and enemies, b> how to increase decrease the enemies, c> like after killing 50 enemies, main enemy comes, kill it to win [how to do this]..d> How is the A* is being used in ur system

will u guide us and how quickly u reply to queries once we buy it ??

whats the cost , 25$ ?? when i see in ur website it says 55$ ..

41. _Slava

_Slava

42. Ullukai

Ullukai

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  43. gore23

gore23

how do you make the dogs move like that, run around at spots and look back at eachother, go at diagnal to check behind them and stuff.

44. _Slava

_Slava

gore23 - Character Motor has maxGroundAcceleration param - if its value small enough, the movement will look inertial, plus AIs have two a little different movement modes - with speed reduction on turnings and without reduction. I used second mode.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  45. ddesmond

ddesmond

On my account it says free updates until sep 11, 2011, wouldn't that mean this should be able to be downloaded?

Also, don't make paying customers suffer because of other issues.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  46. Ullukai

Ullukai

47. Ullukai

Ullukai

48. Linn

Linn

This is outrageous. It's not okey to break the customer agreement (Free Updates). Because someone might redistribute it. That should be YOUR problem. Not us Customers.

49. Ullukai

Ullukai

50. drewradley

drewradley

Thanks for the update!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011