Search Unity

My Unity Shooter Engine - new update 1.5!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by _Slava, Jul 12, 2010.

1. elias_t

elias_t

Slava, the new demo is cool!!!

Do you plan to add it as an example in the engine?

2. darrelljr00

darrelljr00

In order to get this engine running do you have to install locomotion and the A* Path ?

3. elias_t

elias_t

only a*path.

4. darrelljr00

darrelljr00

Whats all the locomotion integration talk about? I see folks speaking of locomotion not working or errors when trying to implement it?

Please help

5. elias_t

elias_t

The locomotion system is already intergrated. Some users tried to implement from scratch to a new character the locomotion system but had some problems. That is because they had to understand how the locomotion system works first.

6. darrelljr00

darrelljr00

so all of the features listed on the 1st page are already installed and ready to configure to my liking? Only thing that needs to be installed is the A*Path? Also what version apath is best to use? Also is the price $25 or $40?

7. elias_t

elias_t

Yes, you only have to install the a* pathfinding from here http://www.arongranberg.com/unity/a-pathfinding/download/

I used the latest 2.91 version and it worked ok. To install it unzip the project of U.S.E. and afterwards manually add the a* lib.files.
    Keep in mind that for commercial usage you should buy also a license for the a* lib.

Also there is a support forum for U.S.E. here: http://the3daction.com/forum

I would higly recomend this engine. _slava is putting a lot of effort in it and he plans to develop it more.

The price is 40$ and in my opinion very cheap.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  8. _Slava

_Slava

Thank you, Elias!
    I just uploaded new update (1.6) on my site. And the demos was updated too.
    The links - in the first post of the thread.
    A lot of bugfixes and enhancements, mainly for Player animation and all AIs. Added ability of multiply bullets in one shot (for shotguns etc). Single, Burst, Auto fire mode. Ability to switch pathfinding on and off for all AIs. Background music, which depends on situation on the level. See new demos!

9. Wolf Dreamer

Wolf Dreamer

Nice work.

You can shoot glass and it shatters, but then its still there. You can keep shooting the same panel of glass, but it never stays broke.

Allied soldiers stand in a doorway blocking you. Should be able to push them out the way, or have a command to yell at them to move.

I hear an airplane at times and look up but don't see one flying over. That would be something cool to be able to see. Even cooler if you could shoot it down and see it crashing into buildings and people in good detail, and exploding, fire everywhere, etc. But that'd take some work I suppose.

10. mpgn

mpgn

Please release a manual or a tutorial getting this to work on a virgin project.

11. darrelljr00

darrelljr00

Is the bootcamp demo available for download as a editable scene?

12. _Slava

_Slava

I did not plan to include it into my project, but I can send it to you. My bootcamp demo does not include something special, I just added some enemy prefabs to standard scene))). And I left only WaterInteractions.js from original bootcamp scripts...

13. darrelljr00

darrelljr00

Please forward your version of the bootcamp demo... Id like to take a look at it.. ALso CAn you provide a more detail tutorial for setting up and configuring level changes?

14. _Slava

_Slava

Today I've got a PM with a good idea - a christmas discount.
    So, for unity forum members exlusively - from now until 01.01.11 - use "christmas" word as coupon code for 25% discount on my site. :eek:

15. darrelljr00

darrelljr00

Ive tried to move the main character to another location on the map and it doesnt show the change when you click build and run.. When you click play in the editor.. the player is in a new location.. but not when building and running... Weird.. Anyone else have that issue?

16. _Slava

_Slava

darrelljr00, try save and reopen the scene and maybe the project before making a build - I faced same problem long time ago too...

17. immFX

immFX

@_Slava: it sure looks pretty interesting!
    But I can't go far enough without somebody killing me and here I am again in the beginning...

Shouldn't you provide a "No kill" option, so that people interested in your FPS engine can go around and explore all possible options without getting killed? If I'm not mistaken, this is an FPS engine showcase, not an actual game.

18. ddesmond

ddesmond

How do you download an update? I don't see the option on your site to do it.

19. ddesmond

ddesmond

How do you add a weapon, are you supporting this product?

20. granada

granada

Are you around :).

dave

21. herpderpy

herpderpy

Artimese, I think you're not very familiar to real life health..You get hit once, you're down. You get hit twice on this you're down?
    What are you complaining about? Man-up!

22. bradjensen68

bradjensen68

Of course in "real life" robotic rocket launchers don't spawn behind you either, but who is complaining? I think the point is that if you are trying to evaluate this as a tool for use in your own project you don't always have time to play it 100 times because the same guy keeps blowing you to smithereens.

On the other hand, this looks like a great package and something that is long overdue. I am only hesitating to buy it because I am afraid that it might be hard to customize. I would like to hear more feedback from those who have already bought it.

23. ddesmond

ddesmond

I think the product is good, but my issue is no support. I have asked questions 4 days ago on the vendor's forum and didn't get a response.
    The following topics need to be covered:
    1. How to add your own character (Except locomotion, you can look at the locomotion tutorials yourself)
    2. How to add a gun (hand gun / two handed gun).

I am finding it very frustrating looking through scripts to figure it out. I ended up adding my own gun, but can't get it to aim. Although I like it, without these key tutorials, I think people should wait until the information is ready. I don't expect the creator to cover everything, but I think most people want to be able to use their own characters and weapons. It's also nice to get support after you paid for something.

24. Griph

Griph

I know you heard this a lot, but this DOES look very promising, so I guess a user manual that explains how you can customize things (plus HUD woulkd be nice) is needed. IU know youre working on one, I just want to know;
    how much of the UM have you got covered yet, and when do you plkan to release a 'first version' of it?

25. JiffOrange

JiffOrange

I second the motions for some type of manual, the collection of scripts is vast (bought this a few days ago, will give feed back once I have had time to evaluate it) and the scripts complex so some reference/tuts would be invaluable. Got to say though it does look very promising and very happy with the work so far ....thanks for the effort.

Cheers,

Jiff

26. elias_t

elias_t

As far as I know _Slava is working on a detailed tutorial and documentation.

27. _Slava

_Slava

Oops, the thead title was changed, I spent some time to find it... How could this be changed?
    I was on new year vacation and was lost for internet for last days, sorry ddesmond for no response, I will answer you on the forum today...
    I try to make a demo in "real life" style, like Arma etc..., but you can customize any damage aspects of course, bullet - explosion damages, player-friend-enemies health...

also I'm working on an interesting iPhone game last days. the game based on my engine, but uses first person controller... Castles, zombies, bosses... I hope I will add that FPS controller (head bobbing, ladders and so on) and other updates to my engine later, but only when the manual will be ready.
    I tried to make many things as customizable as possible - AI system will work in any project - it requires only "Player" "Friend" "Enemy" tags in the project, footprints-footsteps script will work on any locomotion character (it uses locomotion internal footstep start command or my own in the script), and so on... But I really need a manual to expain those things.

28. ddesmond

ddesmond

Hi _Slava,
    No problem, I just had some time off and was trying to get alot done and got frustrated. It is a great product and will save many of us alot of time.

29. firelord

firelord

really need a manual for shooter engine...how is that coming along?...

30. JiffOrange

JiffOrange

Any news _Slava on where you are up to? Thanks, really liking this engine :)

Cheers,

Jiff

31. KillerSneak

KillerSneak

This looks awesome, this is exactly what i have been looking for. Great work.

32. _Slava

_Slava

Sorry for the silence - I have many work now. Half of the manual done already - it will consist of the step by step tutorials for some prefab setups and detailed descriptions of all used scripts. Also I will add soon a FPS prefab - it almost done already. It can use any animated mesh (hands with weapons) or object to animate the weapons (I moved animations from a demo soldier right hand to a helper emty gameobject to animate weapons - aim, shoot, walk, run anims. Included in my prefab). Animated hands is more preferable - reload, idle etc animations can be used. Or only head bobbing can be used. Or animated weapons and headbobbing at the same time - the headbobbing is always synchronized with the weapon animations - changing from walk to run animation changes headbobbing speed. Jumppads, ladders,dying or injuring when fall from heights, dead replacement prefab, same aim system as in third person prefab, synchronized footsteeps and footprints, player conversations and speech, gui (mostly all same as in third person, same scripts)...

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  33. granada

granada

Sounds cool,thank you.

dave

34. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

hi slava ! climbing ladders ... sounds pretty cool ! what about got injured / projected ?? is it a next step ??
    thanks for your work.

35. KillerSneak

KillerSneak

Uhh are you still there? I can't get it to run @ all some support on your own support forums would be more than welcome.

36. KillerSneak

KillerSneak

Well i bought the package and the support is below 0/plain awefull for me this are the worst $40/31Eu spend this year. Wouldn't recommend it to anybody to be honest. IMHO you're better off downloading one of the free FPS packs. !!

37. _Slava

_Slava

Hi KillerSneak! Sorry, but I can't sit at all forums all day long, also I have many other work yet - only day left after your first question.
    About your question - you have latest version - I left an archive file name old, to allow old users have ability to download the updates.
    See readme file and folder name in archive - it is 1.6. And the project was grown since 1.0, and required a manual, I know it and I'm working on it.

38. KillerSneak

KillerSneak

I'm not asking for support on all forums, I'm asking to support your own Forums / Paid customers. I dont ask for you to be there every day but it seems to me you haven't been on your own forums for way to long.

We have paid for the package, so is it to much to ask to have some level of support? Instead of hanging around here why not help the people that are screaming for some help on your own "Support Forums"

Imho you should state in this package that Support is As Is and no documentation what so ever is included incl the weapon skins that seem to be missing form your package / you left out due to copy-right issues?

These are things you should state/note on your site/unity forums as I would have never bought the package would I have known it comes with a very small/buggy test level and no documentation in any form to begin with.

39. _Slava

_Slava

KillerSneak, I already answer your questions on my site - about adding weapons, running...

FPS Prefab Beta
    I will add this prefab to my engine, not finished yet, some animations are missing, but looks good already. What do you think?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  40. granada

granada

Looking realy good _Slava :D.

dave

41. darrelljr00

darrelljr00

Can you provide a ETA for the manual?

42. JetSoap

JetSoap

@KillerSneak

Hey, Before you come here and start bad-mouthing this glorious package (which was totally under-sold) All because you don't understand how it works.Why don't you go back into that project, start inspecting, observing, Which is the first thing a human would do, And you'll learn a couple of things, I'm not fully filled yet but soon enough, I'll understand how it works.

It takes Time, Patience Knowledge for some things, My little cousin learnt how Cryengine works, And he was pretty young, I have faith in you.

43. FitzSoft

FitzSoft

Hi, I really like this template game and I am interested to make a purchase but I have some questions I hope you can answer.

I have played the demos through the web browsers on both Mac and Windows and using both links (normal and one if player does not work).

I normally play in first person mode so I press ‘C’ to change view.

The player points his gun and the floor so when you look forward and fire (left mouse button), he fires at the floor about 6 feet away and not in the direction you are looking. You can go to scope mode (v) and out again and the gun is raised a little and the cross hairs appear but when you raise the gun it disappears.

Is this normal?

thanks

44. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

@BinaryBiscuits : well i didn't try the demo which should be morecent than the scripts that i've downloaded ( still got to get them ) but to my side his project works really well. But be aware that there are stills things he is polishing and making much easier to play with. I really managed to trigger many of may creatures anims and i was really impressed when i saw my creations alive like this. For a player configuration and set up you 'll reaaly need to examinate the scene examples and the different assets to reproduce what he did. For the moment a big update will be a manual wich is incoming with new improvments. I'm an artist absolutely not a coder even if i only manage to do some "not too buggy" things with virtools here i study it about one day and then i get many parts to work (other things that i missed but there is a forum, just like in here). Not been there for a while since i'm in asset production but i was thinking about getting some news. Hope i answered you a little bit.
    When i manage to create a prefab it was working correctly. ( but there are many scripts that allow you to combine them in an efficient way.)

45. ivanzu

ivanzu

Really good work man.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  46. JetSoap

JetSoap

Ever since Unity 3.2 came out there have been alot of problems, And this is one of them that i've come across. I just don't get what Unity 3.2's changes possibly could've done to make this stuff up, It's just really irritating when i hear these things like "Unity's new Update stuffed up my project for some reason!"Like Really? What is it really changing? Things like this (not for Unity 3.2 though) just make me want to go back to Unity 1.

47. PwnGenerator

PwnGenerator

Something keeps on happening after a while of editing the scene, When i pause, if i Unpause, My Editor becomes unresponsive.

EDIT: It also happens with Built exes please help.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  48. darrelljr00

darrelljr00

Has anyone been able to replace the stock model with another model? ive tried and nothing.. It was fully rigged and animated but when I play the scene.. nothing.. Im will to pay someone to get this done for me.. pm me if you are interested

49. MrSmive

MrSmive

just wundering if you all get the same error when playing the web players, your gun will constantly aim at the ground and when u aim down the sights nothing shows, par the acog that shows but ak sights dont show and some other bugs as well.

50. JetSoap

JetSoap

Scroll up I've posted something about it, It's a Unity 3.2 Issue, Will wait til' Slava fixes it.