Search Unity

My Unity Shooter Engine - new update 1.5!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by _Slava, Jul 12, 2010.

1. _Slava

_Slava

Yes, I plan to make friendly prefab for Bootcamp terrain demo.
    2dfxman1, Maybe I did not understand, but they can be respawned one, specified number of times, or multiply times.
    A* pathfinding works on indie, so no problem. Instead of menu pause camera effects, I made ability to use alternate background textures...
    RPG can be added as any other weapon, if you have its aim, shoot and reload animations, for handgrenades I will need slightly change gun script (I have not thought about that possibility yet).

2. MrRudak

MrRudak

Hey men if you wanna work in a sci-fi game
    contact me at rudasvicen8@hotmail.com
    it wont be paid at the moment but you
    will get money of the earnings
    what do yo say? wanna team up?

3. 2dfxman1

2dfxman1

I would love to see a bash/melee possibility. Kinda like in crysis/cod when you press melee button it will either use weapon's stock to bash or a knife to slash. Otherwise if you run out of ammo you are defenseless.

4. Vincent Pride

Vincent Pride

Russian swearings... ^_^

5. 2dfxman1

2dfxman1

Could it be from stalker? I don't remember but I think I heard similar voices in stalker.
    And since I know russian I also understood what they said heh

6. elias_t

elias_t

Alright. Here is a m16a203 riffle and a marine combat knife. I will try to add next: pistols, grenades, rpg and a dart bow.

You can download them from here: http://telias.free.fr/unity3d.html

Free for any use except do not include them in a free model collection.

Attached Files:

7. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hi slava ! Big ,big thanks for this awesome piece of work !!! You did really well, i'm impressed. I bought your system and my creatures are now alive !!! But there are a little few things that are missing : a creature ( for eg. with 2 legs and a tail) can't attack with this limbs or i didn't catch the way it works. And the problem is that you blend only biting animations from the "upper body". IT WOULD BE REALLY NICE TO TRIGGER ATTACK ANIMATIONS : fistAttack, footAttack, TailAttack ... The only thing i could manage to do was giving the possiblity to my creature to bite you while standing, walking or running... something is missing here.... these attack animations would be triggered by a GO with collider used as trigger ( on collider for one or more attack animations for eg.) and then your animalStrike script or punch script as usual linked to the dangerous zone.
    Also we are waiting for a PDF document explaining all your code ... ( wow !!! many things to do ....)
    I didn't try your 3rd/1st person prefab yet but it looks awesome the only thing which is missing as been told you before : hability to throw grenade, mine, remote mine ...

Thanks again for all your work !!!

8. _Slava

_Slava

Thanks, rosor!
    Animal AI can use one of two sets of animations for attacking - attackAnims (upperbody) or jumpAnims. They will play (randomly one anim of choosen set) if distance to player less then jumpRange, with time interval you set. For attackAnims you need to select a bone in skeleton hierarchy, below which the animation will not play. So you can select a root bone here - entire anim will play. Or use a set of jump anims with jump height = 0 in normalCharacterMotor script as second variant.
    One problem I see - when using more then one of damage colliders (if you add them for foots, tail and teeths), they all will be activated in time. So, if player will stay on creature foot when it attack him with tail...
    I'll add a check in the attack script soon to avoid this.

9. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

O Slava ! you're great !!! I think it would be easy for you to implement colliders that are only active while an attack anim is playing( with a delay since start so that it fits the attack anim impact ( so that you avoid having to many colliders like that at the same time a collider collided during an idle wood do nothing) I don't think it too complex for a person like you. But i know you have many things to do !!!
    Great gift for me and the community !!! Stay Alive until i'm dead. Thanks

10. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Yes !!! Just one little thing about implementation ......... what about double jumping ?????????????? you're just awesome !!!!....Hey guys ( yep you the designer who don't want to breack your head against the wall because of coding ...), if you want to have creatures just dashing towards you and biting you to death or usual humans enemies with AI shooting you in the range you specify, this Unity Shooter Engine is about to become a Codebuster !!!!

11. xenoblackinc

xenoblackinc

i love it i'm going to buy it!!!!!!!!!!!! i've had characters lined up forever i got a shiznit load of em.

12. joeybubble1

joeybubble1

can u send me a rocket launcher cross hair?????

13. xenoblackinc

xenoblackinc

this is not working for me i've added everything nothing is working.

14. xenoblackinc

xenoblackinc

fixed one problem other problem is i can't get my characters in animated thats a huge blow for me...

15. _Slava

_Slava

Hi xenoblackinc!
    I know - I must write a small manual already.

Main problem - copying pathfinding files back to project. I wrote about it earlier - I did not include them in my project.
    You need copy them BEFORE you open it in unity - otherwise you will need replace "missing scripts" on every enemy prefabs with Seeker.cs. (because unity does not find those scripts).
    Also, you will need replace that "missing script" on gameobject with name "A*" with AStarPath.cs. And it will reset all pathfinding settings in test scene.
    So, simply copy those pathfinding files BEFORE first opening in unity. If you have downloaded A* pathfinding as unitypackage, extract it into any (or new) project, then copy the files to my project. All WILL WORK after copying! See also readme.txt file included in the project.

About enemy character setup - you will need set up locomotion first:

1. Add Character Controller
    2. Add NormalCharacterMotor script.
    3. Add LegController. Select a grounded pose. I use an aim animation for this. (or a standing anim for animals). Set up Legs. Then add at least two animations - any walk(run) animation and a standing animation (in one animation group). But you can use its own animation group here for every weapon...
    4. Add LegAnimator script. Set it up. (mainly ground layers). Then menu Custom->Locomotion Initialisation
    5. If your enemy must have weapons, add them to right hand bone of your enemy model. Add a gun script to every weapon. See my prefabs as example.
    5. Add AI Animation script (for animals skip this step). Set number of array elements (array length) for every action animation equal number of weapons. Element [0] of every animation array is for hands (knife) animation. Leave it empty if you have not that animation. Select other animations - you can use same anims for different weapons. Select spine bone for hands and action animations (they will be played only upper body). See my prefabs as example.
    6. Add one of EnemyAI, FriendlyAI or AnimalAI scripts. Select LookFrom gameobject (empty GO with collider as trigger. Also it must have a tag - "Enemy" or "Friend"). Exclude this model layers from LookFrom layer mask. For animals -setup attack anims or jump anims for AnimalAI script.
    7. Add Seeker.cs script. Use "Snapped" for start and end point.
    8. If you model have more then one weapon, add AIWeapon script. Set array length equal number of weapons. Select those weapons here.
    9. Add HeadLookController script. See my prefabs as setup example.
    That's all - this is only required scripts setup...

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  16. xenoblackinc

xenoblackinc

ok if you make a downloadable video tutorial for setting everything up that would be grand it's kinda hard cause i want to use pathfinding on my own maps and i can't get it to work at all....:( this sucks bad.

17. markis

markis

Um... Nice work. I have qusetion: Can i use my charakter in here?

18. _Slava

_Slava

Yes, I made it specially for this purpose.

19. xenoblackinc

xenoblackinc

do i have to use the locomotion system? can this be bypassed? also can i bypass the a* pathfinding?

20. _Slava

_Slava

Bypassing locomotion system will require changes in many scripts - but why. with the locomotion system it looks much better.
    But pathfinding can be bypassed easily, only several lines of code to replace in AI scripts... At the moment, I set up pathfinding on bootcamp demo (for terrain and inside the buildings) and it will look really not good without pathfinding here. I can make a option "use pathfinding" in AI scripts for next update. I already have several new scripts for it - background music which adapts situation on the level (oblivion ets like) for example.

21. xenoblackinc

xenoblackinc

because my characters hops around like a bunny for some reason when in do locomotion i'm using a 3ds max biped. for some reason it's not working as far as the pathfinding i dont even know how to use it lol. i'd like to use way points and also i'd like to be able to specify my ally characters i dont want them to spawn in a enemy prefab. i'd like to be able to add specific friendly ai in the scene. also i'd like to bypass the locomotion and just have a my animations without all the clutter. it seems like it doesn't like the biped maybe the naming convention or what not i'm not sure at all. i have many assets mater of fact i will send you my character and you can see if there is something you can do for the locomotion . maybe i'm doing something wong.

22. JackCohen

JackCohen

I've just bought this and although it's a fantastic and exciting concept, I can't get anything to work and feel like I've wasted my money. I've added in the a* pathfinding scripts, and tried to run the building demo. First off the soldier was just running from one side of the room to the other (left to right) and only the left and right arrowkeys seemed to do anything, it wasn't possible to move forward. then after a little playing around i turned off "start third person" under Main Camera and suddenly i can walk forward and strafe etc. The mouse does absolutely nothing, it is impossible to turn or aim making it quite impossible to test enough of the demo to find any other problems so far. Please Please write a manual or post some description of how to get this thing working, (you should have done this before trying to sell it really)
    I can't even get the demo to work so there's absolutely no hope of figuring out how to use it in my own projects or a custom scene. I've tried working out the problem by going through the scripts but the way everything is set up is just too complicated to grasp without some kind of guidance or documentation. Also, whenever it is running endless object reference exception errors are coming up and although it doesn't seem to be affecting anything (other than the camera and the aiming system of course) it's still doesn't bode well.

23. _Slava

_Slava

OMG, JackCohen, you run the demo scene directly, it has not required GameStatus.js on it. You will get bunch of errors (all you named here) if this script not presenting in the scene! You need run StartMenu scene first, or add that script on any not distructable object in demo scene. That script contains many game settings, it required to present on every level - it loaded in first game level (StartMenu) and will not deleted untill you restart game. Many people already wrote me about this, I will finish a manual soon to describe every script...

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  24. JackCohen

JackCohen

Oh, I apologise I didn't see that. Thanks for getting back to me so soon, I tried your advice and now its working and I've got to say... This is freaking epic!! Thanks and good job. Looking forward to documentation of some sort so I can see exactly what the engine is capable of but until then I'll just explore and bask in the awesomeness. Thanks Slava, you're great.

25. Backman

Backman

Like this a lot (haven't bought it yet). In the building demo there are a lot of small visual things that bugged me, the character's leg IK is having a hard time when crouching on those stairs and on top of them and the character starts freaking out sometimes when getting close to walls (I went straight forward to the window where you start, aimed through the sight while standing as close to the window as you can and he started getting all jerky on me). I didn't see this in the U3d locomotion demo but can't tell for sure where the issue is.

I'd have no idea how to fix such things as I'm on 2.6 still but looks great otherwise.

Maybe bypassing the locomotion system would be a good option, technically it's great but visually.. not so much. Also Operation Flashpoint has a thing where you hold down the left alt button while looking around which makes you be able to look in a different direction from where you run. It's great for slower paced shooters just like Flashpoint and would be fairly unique and probably not hard to do. Just something I thought of there.. :)

Looking forward to see how this is coming along, keep it up!

26. xenoblackinc

xenoblackinc

bypass locomotion lol. you should make 2 versions i think locomoion is over rated it's ok but with proper animations you can do alot better.

27. Dantess

Dantess

Hi _Slava.
    I wanted to know if you will create a forum dedicated to your USE on your website.
    You could post you manual on it and everybody could talk about it, ask questions exchange creations.
    Thank you!!

28. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hi Slava, hope you're fine. Well i followed your instructions for triggering jump attack animations and it works fine. but now i've got a problem with the "Player" character. I can't get it work correctly. My character is really simple : he has only one weapon which is a megaman / Cobra like weapon. it's attached directly to the forearm in place of the wrist joint. I've just studied your locomotion soldier and i copy every parameters but it doesn't work. Coul you explain me the way to create a player character as simple as this ??? i really don't understand why is doesn't work... These are the bugs i had : jumping doesn't trigger the jump animation as well as the aiming.When firing : no fire animation or aiming animation and the bullet is shot from the camera not from the weapon game object with the script...
    Thanks in advance

29. LucasDaltro

LucasDaltro

Great engine!Good luck in development:)

30. Jay_Adams

Jay_Adams

Played the demo and read all the notes.

I'm very interested as I think this is just a good solid start on ai controls and will probably come in handy. I need to get other stuff ready to go before I purchase though (pretty sure it'll happen).

But I agree with what others have said. Demo is just too hard. Couldn't kill the sentry no matter what. It'll deffinately showcase the work better if it's overly simple, I know everything can be adjusted, but getting killed so quickly and repeatedly doesn't allow the player to actually see much of what the demo is about, which probably leads to frustration/lost sales.
    Maybe just give the player 10,000 health points so they can survive.

I did also notice that the friendly ai takes no damage from friendly fire. (again, it can probably be adjusted?)

31. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hi folks ! Is there anybody who was able to create a Player character ?? Aiming , firing don't trigger and instead of jumping the character walk or run in air !!!????.....
    Hey Slava ?? where are you ? really need your help at this moment ...
    Thanks in advance.

32. _Slava

_Slava

Hi rosor! Sorry for delay.
    Player setup is a little more complex then enemy's. You must select some scene objects in the player scripts - two targets for aiming and GUI gameobjects.
    Add to your scene two empty gameobjects. Name them AimTarget and AimFixedTarget for example. Add HeadLookTarget script to AimFixedTarget gameobject (Settings: this object as target).
    Add to scene my GUI prefab or your own (It contains GUI Text and GUI Texture gameobjects)
    Setup player as I wrote above for enemies - only for player you need to add PlayerAnimation script instead of AIAnimation and FPSPlayer instead of EnemyAI (Friendly or AnimalAI). Add ArmIK script. Also I forgot to say for enemy character setup (because in my current version I removed this script already) - you must add HeadLookTarget script to the enemy character (without additional parameters setup for it). It not needed for player character. Seeker and AIWeapons scripts not needed too. If you character has only one weapon, set array size for all animation, weapon arrays equal 1. If the player has not jump or idle anims , leave their size = 0. (the corresponding idle sound is played for each idle animation, so leave idle sound array size = 0 in this case too). Select other animations in PlayerAnimation script. If you has not any of required animations - select any similar one. For example - instead a missing reload animation select stand or aim anim.
    For FPSPlayer script, select in your scene the corresponding GUI objects (you can use my GUI prefab or your own).

Now we will add a weapon model to your player. You must setup and initialise locomotion first and use an aim animation (aim straight) as grounded pose.
    Only in this case your character will have an aiming pose in the scene and we can add a weapon model to him. Create and add an empty GO to player's hand. Name it PlayerWeapons for example. Move and align this GO with player's hand. Then drag the player weapon to this empty gameobject. Move and align weapon model with hand too. Do not rotate the empty GO and the weapon - their rotation must be aligned with the scene word axes. Player model ofcouse too. See my player's prefabs as example.
    Add AimPlayerWeapons script to this empty GO. AimPlayerWeapons script needed when you look through the iron sight during the game. The weapon must have no tilt in this case. (Settings: Distance From - select this GO (PlayerWeapons), Target - AimFixedTarget, Crosshair - select Crosshair Gameobject( from my GUI prefab or your own)).
    Gun setup. Add to scene another empty GO and make it children of your weapon. Move this gameobject to the tip of the weapon. Player will shoot from it.
    Add one of two gun scripts to it. Add AudioSource to play shoot sounds and AimPlayerWeapons script again. it will play another role on this GO - it will aim gun script to target. (Settings: Distance From - PlayerWeapons, Target - AimTarget, Crosshair - none).
    Add empty GO as child of the weapon - name it SightTarget for example. Camera will be placed on this position when player look through the iron sight. So, move SightTarget to desured player's eye position. Add more GOs to the weapon - Light, shoot particles, GO for left hand position, GO for instanciating empty shells. Align them with the weapon too. Select them in your gun script.
    Camera setup. Except OrbitCamera script, the camera must contain CameraRaycast and CameraFixedRaycast scripts.
    CameraRaycast settings: AimTarget - AimTarget gameobject. CameraFixedRaycast settings: FixedAimTarget - AimFixedTarget gameobject, distanceFrom - PlayerWeapons. Make and select First and Third person vews targets for OrbitCamera script ( any GOs).
    Player setup again. Drag player as target in HeadLookTarget script on the AimFixedTarget gameobject. Also, player character must have a gameobject with tag "Player" (child of player's root). Set layer for this gameobject different then player layer, for example "Character". Add to it a Box Collider as trigger. Set layer for player and all child gameobjects (exclude a gameobject with tag "Player") for example "Player".

Now you can save your player character as prefab.

33. _Slava

_Slava

Looks like almost all of my manual is already here).

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  34. chordsnstrings

chordsnstrings

Hi there...

Just bought your engine and as i tried to play ANY scene it gave me numerous errors. Am I missing something here?

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Boo.Lang.Runtime.RuntimeServices.Dispatch (System.Object target, System.String cacheKeyName, System.Type[] cacheKeyTypes, System.Object[] args, Boo.Lang.Runtime.DynamicDispatching.DispatcherFactory factory)
    Boo.Lang.Runtime.RuntimeServices.Dispatch (System.Object target, System.String cacheKeyName, System.Object[] args, Boo.Lang.Runtime.DynamicDispatching.DispatcherFactory factory)
    Boo.Lang.Runtime.RuntimeServices.Invoke (System.Object target, System.String name, System.Object[] args)
    UnityScript.Lang.UnityRuntimeServices.Invoke (System.Object target, System.String name, System.Object[] args, System.Type scriptBaseType)
    AnimalAI.FindPath (Vector3 destination) (at Assets/Scripts/Enemy/AnimalAI.js:313)
    AnimalAI+$Patrol$264+$.MoveNext () (at Assets/Scripts/Enemy/AnimalAI.js:361)

Thats only ONE of the errors... I would like to give you screens of the errors that i got however I dont have any other way to contact you.

cheers.

35. _Slava

_Slava

Hi chordsnstrings!
    Yes, you are missing pathfinding scripts! Please, read my post on page 4 here -how to copy pathfinding files.

36. elias_t

elias_t

Hi Slava.
    Perhaps you should talk to the creator of the pathfinding algorithm to allow you to distribute the library with your engine and make it clear that it has to be licensed to be used in a commercial game.

After all, your engine made me to buy a license of the a* algorithm.

37. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hi Slava, thanks for your answer. I already manage to make the character shoot in the right way. That's nice ! but I still have problem with the jumping animation !! Do i need to setup the jumping animation with the leg Controller script ( if yes do i need to specify a name group ???) I 've studied your locomotion soldier but this animation is not set up in the leg controller .... I don't understand... I also have a problem when the player dies : it cuts all aniamtion and i have a black screen.... No slow time and slow.... motion The death time is 3 seconds .... I'm sure i 'm missing something....
    Last problem with the player character I can't make him walk and run as usual . Only able to use al my aiming animation : walk aim, crouchwalkaim etc... when using the normal group animation it doesn't trigger the aiming animation but shoot in the idlestand position ( towards the floor....)
    An other big question : i 've got a creature which beat you with its tentacules. It's a big creature and i like to use you detonator script when the tentacules touch the floor so that i can instantiate a particule emitter with rocks and so on. Is it possible ? And in which way ? This creature has the animal Ai script. Which script should i rather use ?
    Not so sure all your manual is right there .... LOL
    How about making flying characters ??? i've got three of them ....
    Help me again Slava.
    Thanks in advance !!!
    It's a great shooting engine but i don't understand all things ( BUT 4 Creatures with AI in such less time !!!! WOW !!!)
    Thanks !!!

38. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

One thing again...oh so sorry to trouble you again : i saw there are trigger script. how can i use this ? Is it possible to use it in addition with an explosion ???
    Thanks again...

39. chordsnstrings

chordsnstrings

... about the A* missing part... wow, sometimes things like that sure makes me feel dumb =( sorry for asking around without actually reading the forum. Thanks for the fast reply.

Now kinda got into yet another problem and I'm not sure if it was attended to before. AND if anyone actually got the problem.

Prob 1.

The navmesh is not calculated yet - Check the 'Scan Map On Startup' toggle to make sure the map is scanned at start - Don't run any pathfinding calls in Awake
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    Path:.ctor(Seeker, Vector3, Vector3, Single, Single, Boolean) (at Assets/Pathfinding/AstarPath.cs:951)
    Seeker:StartPath(Vector3, Vector3) (at Assets/Pathfinding/Seeker.cs:259)
    Seeker:Seeker$StartPath$UnityEngine.Vector3$UnityEngine.Vector3(Object, Object[])
    UnityScript.Lang.UnityRuntimeServices:Invoke(Object, String, Object[], Type)
    AnimalAI:FindPath(Vector3) (at Assets/Scripts/Enemy/AnimalAI.js:313)
    $:MoveNext() (at Assets/Scripts/Enemy/AnimalAI.js:361)

I couldnt find where to check the scan map

and also there's three instances of the same problem:

Prob2:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    (wrapper stelemref) object.stelemref (object,intptr,object) <IL 0x00002, 0x0000d>
    AstarPath.StartPath (AstarPath/Path) (at Assets/Pathfinding/AstarPath.cs:495)
    Seeker.StartPath (UnityEngine.Vector3,UnityEngine.Vector3) (at Assets/Pathfinding/Seeker.cs:270)
    (wrapper dynamic-method) Seeker.Seeker$StartPath$UnityEngine.Vector3$UnityEngine.Vector3 (object,object[]) <IL 0x00028, 0x000e3>
    Boo.Lang.Runtime.RuntimeServices.Dispatch (object,string,System.Type[],object[],Boo.Lang.Runtime.DynamicDispatching.DispatcherCache/DispatcherFactory) <IL 0x0002e, 0x00094>
    Boo.Lang.Runtime.RuntimeServices.Dispatch (object,string,object[],Boo.Lang.Runtime.DynamicDispatching.DispatcherCache/DispatcherFactory) <IL 0x0000c, 0x00028>
    Boo.Lang.Runtime.RuntimeServices.Invoke (object,string,object[]) <IL 0x0001c, 0x00079>
    UnityScript.Lang.UnityRuntimeServices.Invoke (object,string,object[],System.Type) <IL 0x00018, 0x00021>
    AnimalAI.FindPath (UnityEngine.Vector3) (at Assets/Scripts/Enemy/AnimalAI.js:313)
    AnimalAI/$Patrol$264/$.MoveNext () (at Assets/Scripts/Enemy/AnimalAI.js:361)

Thats the Menu itself.

Dude.. the code's quite big we need manuals!

40. _Slava

_Slava

rosor - it seems your locomotion is not configured correctly (or not initialized). you better read locomotion manual for detailed settings.
    you don't need to add a jump to the locomotion groups, just select it in PlayerAnimation script.
    About player dying - your player ragdoll prefab must contain a camera with OrbitCamera script. Also check "Is Ragdoll" in OrbitCamera script settings. Or maybe you set player lives > 0, but you have not a player respawn prefab in you scene...
    Tentacles, not foots? For foots you can use Footprints script, and use Footprints Starter script to trigger particles.
    About making flying characters - I included a little changed Orb script in the project (I only adopted it to my other AI scripts to work together) - you can still set one attack animation (it will play forwards - backwards when attack) and define weapon object for aiming in that script. If you will send my your flying character, I'll try to make it more universal...
    Trigger script - you must define input event - action key pressed, on collide, on damage etc, set some params for that event, and select an action - hide, unhide, destroy etc.... Sometimes it is very helpfull script.

chordsnstrings - select in the scene A* gameobject and look at astarpath script settings. Press the button "Scan Map".
    looks like a pathfinding is not calculated on the level yet...
    And maybe you still have some scripts missing? Also you can read pathfinding manual at Aron Granberg site - http://arongranberg.com/unity/a-pathfinding/.

41. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hi Slava, thanks for your answer.if you like i can send you a biped flying structure with few animation ( just one attack animation for a flying creature is just not enough ...!!! structure. What would be great with flying character : the possibility to make it walk or run and jump in air so that it can fly. while grounded or in air the creature could trigger its attack animations....
    While "grounded" creature can jump or not ( to trigger attack anims) while "not grounded" it plays in loop the flying animation (waiting for a trigger attack. (so several states for this ennemy : grounded, groundedJump, inAirFlying...)
    Yep !!! your trigger script looks really great but i don't understand why " the onCollide" event don'trigger anything.... I already used a collider used as a trigger and a rigid body attached (just in case )...
    About jumping with the hero Player : I'm sure it's set up correctly and i already read the documentation : it's the tenth character i'm setting up so.... When triggering the jumping animation the character goes in air and doesn't stop playing the run or walk animation.( the weight is 1.0 for locomotion ) I'll try to redo this character. I don't know where is the problem ( i'm not missing any animation curves....) when moving quick andreleasing the button i can see the end of the jumping animation is playing...Really weird...
    Thanks for the Ragdoll i didn't see a camera was attached.... Sorry for the question if i have seen that i would have not trouble you.
    Yep !!! Another big Big question : My hero character has an energy shield attached to his left forearm. Do i have to consider it as a second weapon or not this shield has damage count to... Could you give me a way to handle this quickly ???

42. chordsnstrings

chordsnstrings

Hey thanks for the last answer it just worked out !

Well I've got yet another question.

If I already have a game running and I just want to use your codes/Enemy AI pathfinding and stuff how can I import that into my game?

43. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hey slava !! if you want i can send you some more animations for your character so that you can improve your engine : i mean so get hit animations medium and big with projections in the four directions for both. I tell you that because you trigger audio source when the player receives damages. Maybe it's not too difficult to implement such thing according to impact ( damage and normal hit point we trigger the specific animations. i have a forward roll for you and double jumping too. Just tell me.

44. zenmanvermin

zenmanvermin

Hello Slava.
    I recently purchased U.S.E., and I'm having problems getting the A* Pathfinding to work. I think the problem might be that I can only get Aron Granberg's latest release which is 2.91. I can't find 2.52. I keep getting errors from Aron's package about missing and corrupt resources. Are you going to update to use this?
    Thanks.

45. _Slava

_Slava

rosor, switching between grounded and flying state it is not so simple, it required many changes in the scripts, I thought about to add more animations to the Orb script...
    if you have added rigidbody, maybe it rolled away somewhere... use it without rigidbody
    I don't know, it must do so. Anyway, I will update the project very soon, and that Player Animation script was redone..
    Maybe not as second weapon, but melee weapon... switch to shield immidiately with any button assigned?
    It will be great!
    chordsnstrings - export it as unitypackage (you can exclude some assets - building model etc). You will need to assign then additional buttons (in input manager):
    Camera, Crouch, Reload, Action, Zoom, DownSight, SwitchWeapon
    tags and layers (same as in imported prefabs, see layer manager)
    zenmanvermin - yes I'm going. And as I see, 2.9 don't require any changes in my AI scripts (I adopted them for 2.8 in my last update). But I had not try 2.91 yet.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  46. zenmanvermin

zenmanvermin

Ok. I got the Level01 demo to function with Aron's 2.91, but I had to figure out how to import it properly on my own.

The functionality is pretty good, but I've got to say, I think you released this for purchase a little prematurely.

If you're going to charge people money, at the least you should provide a dedicated support forum for the product and a clear, concise, step-by-step guide to setting up a basic scene from scratch.

It's not that I don't appreciate the work you've done, but the instructions you provide in this post are very hard to follow.

Thanks.

47. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hi Slava, about improving your U.S.E. It would be great if instead of triggering one changing weapon animation you could trigger specific changing weapon. And if you'd like to go further : IdleNoGun anim.../(if change weapon or shoot ) getWeapon01FromHoldster anim /( if change weapon only ) idleWeapon01 anim / ((if shoot )aimingStraightWeapon01 anim / fireWeapon01 anim / (here instead of changing weapon only : if (weapon01)) putBackWeapon01ToHoldster anim / getWeapon02FromHoldster anim / idleWeapon02 anim / and so on for the rest of the array.
    Just tell me if you'd like to go in that way i could give you these animations ( not already done but i could do that for you in less time)

Yep !! about jumping i didn't read your code but i saw that you have a variable containing the LegAnimator component (or i believed so). I managed to trigger a correct jumpig animation only using the jumpandidle script. Maybe if you manage to set legAnimator.enabled=0;while grounded() return false it would work correctly. Maybe that's what you did. but for me , to my side it's a bug or i'm missing something !!!... And if so : Please write a complete manual explaining all objects needed ( for what reason and of course a way to create different ennemies with your code. flying ennemies etc but combinaisons would be great too.)
    I've sent you a PM with download link for the gotHitMedium and gotHitHeavy animations( from a .max file or a .Bip file. The file contains many other anims such as climg ladder up and down / activate button / swim / sit on floor / sleeping on the floor / walk on knees/ the zip file contains a .txt to get all the frames ( it s a unique anim with 2610 frames... you'll need to spit and retouch them to your needs). this biped is the one i'm using for my game : it's not totally generic ( but for the impact animations it will work just fine, just replace the very first frame and the very last with yours and it would work !!
    Hope your next update will fix all the problems i encountered because i think your USE is just a great idea.

48. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Yep, i just forgot one thing : if has weapon01: if no't moving and no't aiming or shoot : idleweapon01NoAim anim / if moving and not aiming or shooting : walkweapon01NoAim anim ///if aiming or shooting while not moving or moving : ( what you already done works well !!! )
    Maybe what i suggest is really hard to handle and for a little enhancing it doesn't deserve the pain...

Another update idea : inventory system...

49. _Slava

_Slava

New Bootcamp Demo!
    http://the3daction.com/unity-shooter-engine/bootcamp-demo-1-6 - 61Mb. I use no camera post effects in this demo, and maybe not all things is smoothed out yet...

Also, I opened a support forum on my site. Because of this thread is in showcase section. Users, who was registered before on my site, can login to the forum with their existing login info...

50. 1gbram

1gbram

Your bootcamp demo looks absolutely amazing! I am interested in this to help me learn but wanted to talk to you about some stuff, please see the PM I sent for more details, thank you :)