Search Unity

My Unity.exe won't run on another computer

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Josh1994, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Josh1994

Josh1994

I'm having trouble getting my game to run on another computer, it just ends up showing a blank scene (see below). I have built it and ran it on my computer and it works exactly as it should.

BuildError.PNG

Since the game should load up my first scene (see below) which is a Unity UI I have designed, I have noticed the camera preview is showing a blank screen, i'm pretty sure that this shouldn't be the case but I don't know to make it show the UI.

InUnity.JPG
    I have definitely made sure that when i'm running the .exe on another computer, the data folder is also in the same location, I have also moved the project folder into the same location with no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2. ToshoDaimos

ToshoDaimos

Create a text log which shows what's going on on startup. Such logs are very useful in general, not only for this problem.

3. Josh1994

Josh1994

Apologies for being a complete noob but how exactly would I go about doing that?

4. Josh1994

Josh1994

Just found the answer, it turns out I don't need the camera at all in the scene, so I deleted it and while all the interfaces now seem to show, they are all a lot darker? I have tried applying a directional light so it's shining on the UI but that doesn't seem to work, anyone know how to increase the brightness of a UI?