Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

My unity deletes its hierarchy on play

Discussion in '2018.2 Beta' started by Exsert, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Exsert

Exsert

Hey all,
    I decided to go all out and try the shader graph stuff with the unity beta, but since then my hierarchy for a scene deletes itself upon hitting play (See here.)

I've tried:
    uninstalling all my unity's and reinstalling (even unity hub)
    restarting
    removing any project with shader graph
    restoring from old files

Any help would be great!
    Many thanks

Jake

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Are you able to reproduce this issue in a new/empty project?
    • If this only reproduces with one specific project, it might be some user code / 3rd party extensions that causes this issue. In this case, copy the project and start throwing out code until this issue stops happening.

Are you able to reproduce this on another computer as well?
    • If this issue only reproduces on this specific computer, then no idea what to do.
    • If it reproduces on another computer as well, then please submit a bug-report following this explanation: https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

3. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Yes, please submit a bug report and add the footage to it you've linked to in this thread. If you do, make sure to post the case # here.

4. Exsert

Exsert

Hello all and thank you for the reply.

To answer your questions... yes it happens when I create a new project, in fact, it happens to any project I am a part of which is blocking me quite hard now.
    It is just my computer and my work computer works fine.
    Something has happened to my computer and uninstalling unity hasn't worked... is there like a way to HARD uninstall Unity? it feels like it's leaving a corrupted file or something on my computer.

Anyway, if i find how i start a bug report i will :)

Many thanks,
    Jake

Edit:
    Currently trying to go through appdata / programdata + registry to try and delete any remnants of unity.

5. Exsert

Exsert

I have submitted a bug report, Case 1047291 but it has no more detail than this really :)

6. Exsert

Exsert

Hello all, so I wanted to follow up on my bug,

So... I can build the program, run it and it works just fine, but it seems to be only when I run it through the editor, hitting play does it break.
    I really hope it's just a setting I've turned on globally somewhere accidentally because I don't have a solution.

Short of reformatting and starting again I don't know what to do (I don't really want to re-format and start again)

7. Exsert

Exsert

I couldn't find a solution so i wiped my pc and reinstalled windows, it was taking me too long sifting through stack overflow unfortunately.

I hope no one else retrieves this error.

Thanks,
    Jake

8. Jaimi

Jaimi

My guess would be some sort of deranged source control installed. Good luck.