Search Unity

My Unity Connect group has disappeared....

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by Ben-Mears, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Ben-Mears

Ben-Mears

Hello,

I had a "Houdini + Unity" group that has mysteriously disappeared within the past week or so. I don't see it in My Groups, it doesn't show up in search, and if I try to get to it via one of the old join request emails I get a page that says:

"Oh no, you broke the internet.
    You’re probably feeling a range of emotions from anger to anguish to grim determination.
    It happens sometimes. Maybe you typed the wrong URL or the page you wanted has been
    removed. Don’t worry, it’s not the end of the world. Simply click here to go to the Unity
    home page and try not to break the internet this time."

The only thing I can think of that might have caused this problem is that I recently switched the ownership of the group from my personal Unity account to my work Unity account, and then I kicked my personal Unity account out of the group.

Any help or solutions to this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. dlearmonth

dlearmonth

Mine has gone missing also, as have about half of the groups I follow. All went missing at the same time 10 days ago.

I posted to here; https://connect.unity.com/g/connect-feedback-group and was told by a very helpful Unity Community Manager that
    "Currently the Connect platform is going through a few changes to better help with our ecosystem which means that quite a number of Connect groups are/have been removed.
    These have been removed either due to inactivity, low population and/or were created for spam purposes. If you feel that your group does not fall into any of these categories feel free to let me know."

I responded. Unfortunately my group is still missing. As are all the others.

Hopefully they resolve this soon.

3. Ben-Mears

Ben-Mears

Thanks for the reply and additional info. I'll try to contact that Unity Community Manager.