Search Unity

My U3.5B game on Kongregate

Discussion in 'Developer Preview Archive' started by henry96, Jan 7, 2012.

1. henry96

henry96

Hi, everyone! Yesterday, I uploaded the swf file to kongregate. However, it didn't work. Then, I switched it back to Unity3d file. On my pc, it works fine, but other player says that it require to install unity webplayes 3506006 which is not available yet. Also, I saw inviciball game (unity file from u3.5b also) is working fine. So why my game doesn't work? N how can i solve it?

2. tripknotix

tripknotix

didu try exporting to flash from u3.5b, that works on kongregate

3. henry96

henry96

really? I dont know it works. I tried it yesterday and I just saw blank with black. if u know how to upload, can u share?

4. Ullukai

Ullukai

im also gettting a blank screen when uploading it to kongregate. What do you have to do to get it to work ?

5. Arowx

Arowx

I think the problem is that portals are not automatically detecting Stage3D flash and using the correct flash properties, the work around is to contact their tech support guys and ask them to help you set it up.

There was a note on the Kongregate forum stating that they are looking into a solution and should have it working soon.

6. Ullukai

Ullukai

*soon ... that post was dated dec.9th of last year if you are referring to this post :http://www.kongregate.com/forums/4-game-programming/topics/214109-wmode-direct-stage3d-starling
    anyways, i sent an email to kongregate support about this and waiting to hear from them since yesterday..today a site administrator sent me a PM saying that it should just be able to work after uploading it ...but i uploaded it today after i got that PM and it still dont work..maybe tommorrow they will have something new

7. henry96

henry96

Hmmm.... I hope we will have the solution to this problem soon. :D

8. lyzard

lyzard

I had a blank screen too when playing Unity flash games, but it was on mac os x 10.5 and may not be exactly your problem. As far as I get it, my problem is caused by adobe flash player 11 not being supported anymore on mac os x 10.5. Hence, Unity flash games are only supported in mac os x 10.6 and 10.7. Correct me if I'm mistaken, it sucks...

9. Ullukai

Ullukai

kongregate tech support sux.. still no word from them... all the administrators ive PMed to did not know how to fix it ( that was 2 admins)..lets hope they have someone that can help from their support email !

10. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

Umm in my experience you need to add "wmode=direct" to embed the swf file

something like
    Code (csharp):
    1. <object width="640" height="480" classid="xxx" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0">
    2. <param name="src" value="your swf here" />
    3. <embed width="640" height="480" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode=direct src="your swf here" />
    4. </object>
    Funny, i thought Kongregate already support this.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  11. Ullukai

Ullukai

looks like your saying that we cant do anything with kongregate with that since it is code for a website and we cant edit the kongregate website. So how do we use that code to get our games to work on kongregate ? it would be nice to know how they got the inviciball game to work on there

12. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

Well i think you need to contact their tech support about this so they can adding custom code to embed your game

13. henry96

henry96

I am still not sure about this Inviciball. I think the inviciball on Kongregate is Unity Web Player cuz I saw Unity Logo near its name and I saw the word Unity beta at the bottom-right of the screen. However, unity web game made with this Unity beta is unable to run cuz player don't have the latest version of web player. But if the game is built in flash, then I also wonder how they could put their game on Kong.

14. hjupter

hjupter

Its first unity web player after you click it loads the flash

15. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

Huh? Are you sure about this? Isn't it suppose to be a unity webplayer that run in flash environment not the opposite.

16. hjupter

hjupter

At least thats what i saw on kongregate

17. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

Well that's weird

18. Lucas Meijer_old

Lucas Meijer_old

we are working with kongragate and others to make sure unity generated flash content will work well on their sites. stay tuned.

19. Talon_T

Talon_T

20. hjupter

hjupter

21. Talon_T

Talon_T

22. Ullukai

Ullukai

Awesome Talon_T !!
    what size did you set it at then to get it like it is ? is that all i have to do is just make it smaller ?

23. Ullukai

Ullukai

Awesome Talon_T !!! so many thank yous to you ! i finally got my first flash game working now.. i just resized the resolution to 640 wide by 480 height in the build settings ... readjusting the GUI of course after that .... and now it works ! try it now here for free if you want :
    http://www.kongregate.com/games/KG4M3/awg-radio-santa-job-2

24. Talon_T

Talon_T

Yeah the funny thing about it is that my unity game resizes properly to 1000 by 800 on Kongregate.
    Glad it was only the resolution in your case.