Search Unity

Resolved My tileset is "broken" for some reason?

Discussion in '2D' started by Proxima_Centauri, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Proxima_Centauri

Proxima_Centauri

So I'm making a platformer game, and I'm using a tileset I made to make the ground. So I created the tileset (following a tutorial from Brackeys) and it works... kind of.

The thing is, my tiles are drawing correctly in the scene and show correctly in the game, but the palettefor some reason appears outside of the grid and with some void spaces that were not in the tileset originally

Strange Tileset.PNG

(Here you can see, it appears correctly on the game, but, for some reason, it appears incorrectly in the palette's grid).

I tried moving the pivot when slicing the tileset (it's all in an image, so I sliced it), but it doesn't work. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? It doesn't affect the game, but it's harder because I keep confusing and choosing the incorrect tile

2. webox

webox

Look for your pallette asset in the project explorer, double click it and open it in the prefab editor, then go to the hierarchy, expand it and pick the Layer1 game object. In the explorer, you'll see something like this

Anchor.png

Check if the tileAnchor values are set correctly, they must match what you've set in the sprite editor when you sliced it, that could be the issue or at least point you into the right direction

Proxima_Centauri likes this.
  3. Proxima_Centauri

Proxima_Centauri

Yeah, it solved my problem, thank you very much!

webox likes this.
  4. webox

webox

Awesome! Glad it worked!

Proxima_Centauri likes this.