Search Unity

MY Third Game!!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by networkZombie, May 8, 2011.

1. networkZombie

networkZombie

OK so I have been working on this game for a very long time, and I think about 70% is done. Please check it out :-| and tell me what you think...

Also where should I publish this game? I know steam will not accept my game, already got rejected by impulse and I haven gotten any replies from Union :( and please dont say kongregate :(

For some reason, the webplayer messes up the GUI so I didnt build for webplayer

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=THFYJIMQ

2. SixTimesNothing

SixTimesNothing

It's a PC version only. Probably would have been good to point that out to people.

3. sebako

sebako

well to say there are a lot of improvements required, no one will accept it as it is now. I don't say it is totally bad, but you have to keep things in mind, especially for standalone versions. You need to get some competition in there, some randomness or something. Just running around and shooting aliens is great for a 5 minute coffee break, but i won't spent any money for a 5 minute coffee break (except for the coffee ;))
    So try to rethink the design of the game and try to make it more addicting.

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

probably good to make a webplayer, dont really have time to faff with downloading

5. Hao-Cher-Hong

Hao-Cher-Hong

Maybe make a video, webplayer will be better?
    I like to see screenshots before playing a game.
    just for reference..

6. WrathKingdomStudios

WrathKingdomStudios

Yeah, maybe add a storyline to what you are doing. Add some better animations to the game. I've noticed you have no limit for bullets and I beat each level by just spamming space bar. Make it a bit less difficult for some people.
    I think you need some better level design, and maybe a better charcter, because to me, it may just be me, it seems you made the character just a little round ball so you would not have to animate it or anything.

7. networkZombie

networkZombie

alright so what should I add to my game?? limited ammo? Surprise giant spaceships or something? :confused:

8. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I don't know, because I can't see the webplayer :)

9. WrathKingdomStudios

WrathKingdomStudios

I'd say make the aliens slower, have an actual weapon with a reload time and a set amount of time between each shot, that way since the aliens are slower I don't have to have the spam out feature just to beat the level.

10. networkZombie

networkZombie

Ok I will do that. I will also add feet and animate them :) . But I can't think of a way to have random surprises in my game :-|

Does the GUI look good? or should I change that too?

11. WrathKingdomStudios

WrathKingdomStudios

Well, maybe changing the way you see your lives, like little pictures of your character, would make it look nicer. Perhaps if you had a health bar it would be nicer. Also maybe make it so you move forward in each level progressing across a simple map, and at the end of each level add a fun little boss. Also maybe add some pickups that give you different kinds of weapons to shoot temporarily? Also for a random surprise, maybe give the UFOs the ability to lift you off the ground momentarily.

12. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

^ that

13. networkZombie

networkZombie

If you click on my signature, It takes you to my website where I have all my screenshots, updates etc :)

14. networkZombie

networkZombie

Yes I will do that :) but I do have pickups like forcefield, propeller hat, +1 kill etc. in the game. Maybe they are too hard to find. Ishould make it easier to find them :)

15. Cnaff

Cnaff

Looking nice, I really would like to see the alien spaceship ufo thingys that drop them off to be improved though! :)!

16. WrathKingdomStudios

WrathKingdomStudios

I know about the pickups you have already, but they honestly do not do much. I mean pickups such as weapon pickups that give you a different weapon for a certain amount of time, and health pickups.

17. JRavey

JRavey

"Some reason" and "messes up" are not helpful terms, what exactly is happening with the GUI in the webplayer?

18. networkZombie

networkZombie

I still dont know the reason but the GUI textures and texts are not where they are supposed to be and some are even missing. I tried building 4 times and tried different resolutions but nothings working

19. JRavey

JRavey

If they are missing, are you sure you didn't overrride them in the build settings? If the project isn't too big, I can take a look at it if you'd like.

20. carking1996

carking1996

21. networkZombie

networkZombie

22. carking1996

carking1996

no. Use it like this.

Code (csharp):
    2. var nativeHorizontalResolution = 1024.0;
    3. var nativeVerticalResolution = 768.0;
    5. function OnGUI () {
    6. GUI.matrix = Matrix4x4.TRS(Vector3(0,0,0), Quaternion.identity, Vector3(Screen.width / nativeHorizontalResolution, Screen.height / nativeVerticalResolution, 1));
    9. buttons, etc, here.
    11. }
    :) Also, DO NOT use the pixel inset for positioning GUItextures/Texts, use the transforms. ;) That way, it'll stay in the view. :)

23. networkZombie

networkZombie

What do you mean by buttons etc here? I don't have any buttons, just GUI textures and texts. and can you, in short just explain to me whats happening in this script? and an example for a button?