Search Unity

My second game: Invade the Invaders!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by ale870, Jan 24, 2012.

1. ale870

ale870

I'm creating a new game, called "Massive Creek: Invade the Invaders!"

I'm a single "all inclusive" developer :)

The game is still in heavy progress, but in the next 2 or 3 weeks I think I could release a Win and Mac version, just to taste the game. In the meantime, you can see some screenshots on my site:

http://www.massivecreek.com/home/

Shorty, this is the game structure (sorry in advance for my bad english!).

This is the global idea, but it will be "filled" with many interesting details!

The game is an FPS like.

When the game starts, you will be able to select a GAME MODE: here you will decide what you want to play. For example:

1) Death match
    2) Capture the flag
    3) Timer Attack
    4) Racing touching the checkpoints (using vehicles!)
    5) Parkour style, but using weapons (multiplayer)
    6) etc....

I will add more and more game modes.

After you selected a game mode, you will select a scenario map.
    The original thing is the map is automatically generated by the computer! It means you will choice the "map-style". Example:
    1) Abstract environment made of cubes or other abstract geometries.
    2) A city
    3) Horizontal platforms (Something similar to a Super-Mario platform game, but in 3D).
    4) "king of the hill" : It is a scenario similar to a long way, but going up like a mountain, or down and down, etc...
    5) etc...

Now the computer generates the scenario you selected, and will let you play the game-mode over the new map!

More: every procedurally generated map is associated to a SEED (string). The same seed generates the same map. So if you find a beautiful scenario, you can send the seed a a friend of yours, and both of you will play the same map!

There is a single player or multiplayer mode.

SINGLE PLAYER:
    you will be able to make offline or online competition. in the latter case you will be able to publish your hi-score online. So you could face your friend to make a better score than yours!

MULTIPLAYER: No words are needed: generate a scenario and play to death match, ctf, vehicle races, etc...!!!!

I hope the game play is clear, but please don't hesitate to ask me anything you want!
    Every comment is appreciated also!

I'm looking for a sponsor also, so....

Thank you for the time you spent to read this post!

Some screenshots:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  2. TehWut

TehWut

The style and everything looks good. I only did the standard game mode , which was not really my cup of tea (not a fan of minecraft style gameplay). But it does have potential, may try out the other game modes when their ready ;).

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  3. ale870

ale870

Thank you for your comment!

One question: why do you talk about Minecraft? Game mode has nothing to do with it. These are the game modes I'm implementing:

1) Death match
    2) Capture the flag
    3) Timer Attack
    4) Racing touching the checkpoints (using vehicles!)
    5) Parkour style, but using weapons (multiplayer)
    6) etc....

Furthermore, even if the scenario is procedurally generated (like in minecraft) it is totally different:
    1) no little cubes
    2) no possibility to create/destroy blocks.

in this game the scenario is procedurally generated in order to offer to the players original infinite scenarios where you can play inside :)

Algorithms will be very different in order to create really different maps (a city, mountains, platform style game, etc...)

4. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

I think it all looks pretty good, especially the art style.

If your English is a concern, why not post things here and let us proof read it for you? I can understand what you are trying to say, but yes, there are spelling and grammatical errors and would be happy to lend a hand.

5. Prion Games

Prion Games

Nice quality!

6. ale870

ale870

Thank you!
    I will publish some other screenshots in the next days.
    Even if the game play does not require a story, I created one since, I think, it could be useful and a good base for future upgrades ;)

This is the story:

In a near future,

This island was built as a prototype, from humans to try to solve the problem of overpopulation.
    When the aliens invaded the Earth, everything was destroyed and abandoned. Now these places are used by a military organization as a base for training, in view of the world of counter-invading monsters.
    Here humans made some futuristic structures and sci-fi computers, that generate virtual lands, which are used by the military as a field of training and recruitment!
    In the island every place is dedicated to a specific map generation (e.g.: Virtual city, The king of the hill, platform-stlye map, etc....). One player can can go to a place inside the island, then the computer will generated a specific scenario (procedural generation). Finally, based on the generated map, the players will be able to choise to which game type to play with (e.g.: death match, Timer attack, CTF, etc...).