Search Unity

My school project

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rex44, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Rex44

Rex44

Hey, I have a school project that I need to make a game, can someone please take this forum my teacher wants me to give to people. (He never specified I couldn't do it on a forum) https://goo.gl/forms/l4LxMO3uz8uIyWl82

2. Arowx

Arowx

More info would be helpful as this might not be pertinent to everyone?

3. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

Making a survey to decide what type of game you should make is probably not a very good idea, especially if you're on some kind of a schedule.

You should pick something simple, or something you have experience with (yet another one with a first post 3+ years later, that tells me you may have some experience).

Ryiah likes this.
  4. Vryken

Vryken

If you're asking on what kind of game to make, we'd first need to know:
    • How long do you have before this project is due?
    • How complex of a game is your teacher expecting to see?
    • What do you feel you are capable of making with the skills you already have, if any?

5. Amon

Amon

Hello Rex44. You should make, as your first project for both commercial and school assignment, a FPS (First Person Shooter), programmed in Unity, that features graphics people only dream of, but using only cubes. Don't worry it won't take you long. You are not allowed to research anything yourself as you are young, so, I will make all the decisions for you to make sure you succeed at giving away all power you have directing where your life goes, to me. If you fail, oh well, it's not your fault because you never made the decisions, I did, and, I pretty much don't care either.

6. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

A sign in prompt just to fill out your survey? No thanks lol

Just stick to something single player that you can scope to your skill set and the time allowed.

7. Rex44

Rex44

I have 3 weeks, Its required the survey, so you can make a game for someone..... (My teacher is crazy) Also, everything in the forum is what I need.

8. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

What do you have experience making?

Has your teacher told you specifically what he/she is expecting? Are they expecting a certain type of game? What specifically has he/she said?

Edit: it sounds like you're saying the teacher required the survey. Is that correct? Is the teacher telling you you have to make a game based off of the responses you get? Or can you make something else that people suggest?

9. Rex44

Rex44

@EternalAmbiguity He is expecting a unfinished game that has at least controls and slight point. The reason I don't have like what the game is, so if I get lazy, I don't have to worry about anything but the general idea

10. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

Okay, that doesn't sound so bad. Good luck then.

I'd reiterate that a survey isn't the best way to go about this. I'd do something straightforward like a 2d platformer or something. You could probably get something pretty decent.

11. Rex44

Rex44

@
    I have 3 weeks, so I don't really care

12. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

Lol, okay. If you don't care, I don't care either.

13. Ryiah

Ryiah

14. Billy4184

Billy4184

Definitely you should do a clone of Star Citizen ;)

Seriously though, what can anyone tell you? If you don't care, just make flappy bird or snake. I've made both of these in about 6-8 hours each.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  15. Rex44

Rex44

Il make star citizen, hmm, where is the clone button, oh yeah, *press* *press* *press* *press* *press* *press* *press* *press* *press* *press* *press* *press* *press* *press* OK ARMY, LISTEN UP, EVERYONE OF YOU NEEDS TO PRESS THAT BUTTON ATLEAST 10 TIME, 10 sec later, OK NOW EVERYONE FIND A JOB AND MEET BACK IN ONE WEEK, one week later, OK WE NOW HAVE 10 BILLION DOLLARS, LETS BUY THIS STUDIO, WE ONLY HAVE 2 WEEKS TO BUILD STAR CITIZEN, ALTHOUGH AT THIS POINT IM RITCH AND DONT NEED TO GO TO SCHOOL, BUT FOR THIS STUPID STORIES PURPOSE GET TO WORK. 2 weeks later, WE ARE DONE, F- WAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billy4184 likes this.
  16. Ryiah

Ryiah

Creating a clone scoped within your abilities can work. Just look at Norman's Sky.

https://nothke.itch.io/normans-sky

theANMATOR2b and Billy4184 like this.
  17. Billy4184

Billy4184

18. Rex44

Rex44

19. Rex44

Rex44

Hey, I have a school project that I need to make a game, can someone please take this forum my teacher wants me to give to people. (He never specified I couldn't do it on a forum) https://goo.gl/forms/l4LxMO3uz8uIyWl82

20. N1warhead

N1warhead

Did you seriously re-post the same original message at the top? Come on now, keep the forums for information that's worth reading.

21. Ryiah

Ryiah

He was creating new threads with the exact same post until the moderator started closing them. :p

If you require people to log on to fill out a survey most of the time they'll just not do the survey.

22. N1warhead

N1warhead

Wow, he should just be banned then. This is a place of (most of the time) professionalism lol.

23. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

I don't think he was really doing it maliciously.

I dunno. A few days ago I read a post where someone talked about wanting to drink in peace and not feel the urge to punch other posters here in the face, so...

Ryiah likes this.
  24. N1warhead

N1warhead

I suppose that is true..
    And wow are you serious? Wow haha. I haven't ever seen such a thing in here before.

25. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

That's probably the most extreme thing I've seen here. I'd say usually it's pretty casual, though again I hesitate to say "professional."

N1warhead likes this.
  26. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

I just got fussed at for replying to a thread, for not being an Official Unity Representative - and polluting the thread with 3rd party opinion.
    LOL - so I replied. :D
    Sometimes professionalism is only Official opinions/responses. o_O

EternalAmbiguity and N1warhead like this.