Search Unity

My save game are deleted when updating the apk on android.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gonzalitosk8, Apr 3, 2021.

1. gonzalitosk8

gonzalitosk8

166817290_889803004911852_8012172845976707881_n.jpg
    Hi there! good night community, I'm having a problem with my android game.
    Every time I update the game in the playstore, the local games of the game are erased.
    my users get frustrated and uninstall the game.
    others have no problem starting over.

it happened with playerprefs, thinking that the error was with the system, use json files to save, but it turns out that I delete the document when it is updated or it is lost.

In the log I do not find errors, warnings or anything strange.

I already feel frustrated. My game has 46k users playing daily, and this happens at this point I don't like it at all.

which may be?
    Did anyone happen to you something similar and could you solve it?

for the json save file I use persistent data ...
    but sincerely? I do not know what else to do..

I looked in the forum, I found that there are people who have the same problem, and there is no solution. that's why I generate a new thread again, to see if we can find a solution to this dilemma.

I share an image of my game so that the text is not empty

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I don't know the answer to why this is happening, unless you are changing the name of the game or company in build settings maybe, but you could consider moving saves to a server under your control instead of local storage essentially under the playstore's control. You could just make it a backup system where keep using the local copy, but back them up to your server. Then you only pull them down from the server if no saves are found locally. Just a suggestion.

gonzalitosk8 and angrypenguin like this.
  3. gonzalitosk8

gonzalitosk8

hi Joe! yes, now i use firebase to save game, but if users not containing a good internet acces, they save on local mode... thanyou for comment my answer...
    im still learning your language

Joe-Censored likes this.