Search Unity

My RPG progress :)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by W4RH4WK117, Apr 27, 2011.

1. W4RH4WK117

W4RH4WK117

Just thought I would share with you my RPG progress which I am doing to learn C#. I will post some update vids every now and then. I know it's not much but it is something I am proud of lol. Never done something like this before. and before I get flamed more FULL CREDIT goes to Petey at bergzergarcade for making the tutorials. Think of this video as a kind of promotion. Link is at some post bellow

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  2. Benopaluz

Benopaluz

honestly this is not worth showing, very little achievement shown all you did was follow a stupid tutorial. Hardly worth calling a rpg.

3. Pixelstudio_nl

Pixelstudio_nl

its not mindblowing but well, a nice start :) just ignore the cranky people

4. W4RH4WK117

W4RH4WK117

Yeah lol, I followed a tutorial to follow C#. And beno mate, I'm using it as a learning step not some full on production. and the tutorial is great not stupid. I don't need your crappy negative attitude to bring me down. Besides I'm not an artist I'm a programmer Just learning C# because C# is easier to code things. JavaScript has it's pro's but I find C# much easier. I was Just showing some of the Script features.

5. ivanzu

ivanzu

Only because he follows a tutorial makes him stupid not it doesnt.So this whole community should be stupid beacuse everyone on this Forums learned how to use unity,script,model via tutorials,books,manuals etc.

6. shabazzster

shabazzster

yeah dude, it looks like you got a long long long ways yet to go..
    good luck!
    we are here to help yah.
    Thanks for posting.

7. ian-mac

ian-mac

Well hopefully he won't think that "making games is extremely tough" and give up.

8. Thomas-Pasieka

Thomas-Pasieka

Is that kind of attitude really necessary? Instead of showing up here with this insulting comment you could have just moved on to something else. Posts like yours contribute to bad vibes on this forum.

9. W4RH4WK117

W4RH4WK117

:)

yes I understand making an RPG is very time consuming but I'm doing for the learning step. I think it will be worth it. thanks for your support guys.

10. Udyrfrykte

Udyrfrykte

While I agree that you should make more progress before "showing us", there's no reason to be bad mannered.
    I think it's smart to learn C#. I started with javascript, but I've considered that learning C# is plain better, especially if you want to use C# outside of Unity.
    Nice on the CV! "Unityscript" - not so much.

11. prophet

prophet

What tutorial did you use?

12. W4RH4WK117

W4RH4WK117

13. drewradley

drewradley

While I disagree with the tone I agree with the general idea. You didn't make this. Petey did. You copied it quite well. I get that you're proud and want to show off you work, I was there myself, however, please next time give proper credit to the person who deserves it. I mean before someone calls you out on it...

14. prophet

prophet

Thanks!

15. W4RH4WK117

W4RH4WK117

I will make sure to give credit next time :)

16. drewradley

drewradley

Excellent. I know you weren't intentionally trying to say this was your original work but Petey does a lot of hard work and asks for very little in return. The least we can do is to be sure he gets proper credit.

Enjoy the rest of the series. They are absolutely the greatest set of tutorials money can buy... and they are free!

17. W4RH4WK117

W4RH4WK117

They are very good, iv'e learnt a great deal about C# I don't think I can go back to Javascipt

18. JasonWIR

JasonWIR

I don't mind you showing off your work from the tutorials, but you have barly started. I would love to see it when you are further along.

19. Nightshade1

Nightshade1

I think it looks fairly good and if any1 red it said progress