Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

My Robot disappears after a few seconds with Convex Colliders enabled.

Discussion in 'Robotics' started by agru, Jan 3, 2022.

1. agru

agru

Hi,
    My Robot disappears after a few seconds with Convex Colliders enabled. When I try to disable the convex colliders, my robot doesn't disappear but I get tons of errors because you can't use non-convex colliders with Articulation Bodies.
    Does anybody have an idea how to fix this?
    Thanks in advance

2. amanda-unity

amanda-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi--can you clarify the issue you're having? Are you getting other errors in the Unity Console when using convex colliders, e.g. invalid AABB messages?

And can you elaborate on how to reproduce your issue? Was your robot imported using the URDF-Importer? If so, did you use the VHACD or Unity mesh decomposer?

agru likes this.
  3. agru

agru

Thanks for replying.
    I used the URDF Importer and VHACD. I get around 150 error messages:
    Non-convex MeshCollider with ArticulationBody is not supported.
    If you want to use a non-convex mesh either use the Rigidbody kinematic or remove the ArticulationBody component

4. amanda-unity

amanda-unity

Unity Technologies

What is the exact issue you're seeing when using convex colliders?

My initial guess is that internal collisions when using convex colliders are causing the robot to behave unexpectedly. You can try referring to Unity-Robotics-Hub/216 and URDF-Importer/11 for similar resolutions for internal collisions.