Search Unity

My project has become almost impossible to use.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Murcho, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Murcho

Murcho

I've been working on a project for about a year now, so it has become quite large. A little while ago I had started to get the following message pop up when I saved a script while running the game in the editor.

"The compiler this script was imported with is not available anymore."

This was fine because I had to restart anyway. However this has degraded further, and the message has gotten longer. Now if I have the game running, if I change into ANY other application, be it a web browser to check documentation, Monodevelop to look at a script (and not even save a script), or even just calculator, the second I go back into the game, the follow appears twice and my game stuffs up.

The compiler this script was imported with is not available anymore.
    UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:GetMonoIslands()
    UnityEditor.AssetPostprocessingInternal:postprocessAllAssets(String[], String[], String[], String[], String[])

I'm not even changing anything in the project to make this happen. This is a major issue because it is stopping me from being able to attach a debugger, let alone even look at a script while the game is running at all.

Anyone have any ideas? I've tried reducing the scripts by removing older ones that aren't in use any more, but I'm struggling now, and it is slowing my work to a grinding halt.

2. Murcho

Murcho

After some further testing, I worked out that it was because I was storing a log file in the Assets directory, which was triggering a new import every time. My Bad! So just incase you're reading this, don't put anything into the Assets directory from code while the game is running because it will force a re-import of your scripts stuffing up your game!