Search Unity

My private pet project....

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by freyr, Jul 7, 2005.

1. freyr

freyr

I started on this little marble-game some while ago. (Funny how people tend to begin using Unity by creating games consisting of rolling balls.)

I created a Dashboard Widget and put it on my home page.

To do: Add real scoring and re-spawning after winning/losing.... ie. make it a real game and not a toy.... or rather a real toy and not just a proof-of-concept... something like that.

You can get it here: http://keli.dk/archives/000054.html

One notable thing is that the game is created entirely using Unity and the standard assets that come with it. I didn't event touch PhotoShop except for compressing the attached screen shot.

2. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

How'd you do the toon shaders?

3. freyr

freyr

They are inside a package in the Standard Packages folder.... since version 1.0.2 I think.

They are limits though, in that they only work on objects without edges that are 90 degrees or sharper ...

Maybe Nich or Peter will follow up with a better explanations on how to use them on things that are not spheres.

4. NicholasFrancis

NicholasFrancis

The outlined toon shaders basically don't work with hard edges. to work around this (like on a cube), use a small chamfer edge and make the cube smooth.

5. freyr

freyr

I've just uploaded version 1.1 of the widget. (Ought a'been version 0.1.1... ah well.)

I've been fidgeting a bit around with the AS (Artificial Stupidity) of the enemy balls and generally playing around with settings.

The player now also respawns after falling over the edge.

Nope, not a finished game yet, but since Unity 1.0.4 fixes a bug in the plug-in auto-installer of the widgets, and I didn't have the old version around, I decided just to publish this work in progress.

You can get it from the same place as last time:
    http://keli.dk/archives/000054.html

Have fun!

6. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

Neat. You should add a Score display, a number of Lives display, and then just make it so the enemy spheres respawn and slowly increase in number over time.

Then it's pretty darn set!

Oh oh, you could even have different "levels" too, where you could put some more little boxes on the main playing area as obstacles! Or different shapes... even squashed spheres.

Then, you could have a level selector as the initial scene that would just be a far out view of like 4 different levels that would be rotating to show them off. Then you could just use the mouse events to pick which one you wanted to play!

Also, feel free to ignore all of this!

Cheers,
    -Jon