Search Unity

My poor Sonic imitation

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by U7Games, Feb 23, 2012.

1. U7Games

U7Games

An imitation made in unity pro trial of Sonic, or may i say, a clone of the style, because the player is mine :razz:

2. TheSin

TheSin

wouldn't say it's poor as it looks really good :)

3. bumble864

bumble864

I would say that's a pretty solid prototype right there. Loving the art style.

4. peakdap24

peakdap24

This is not a poor Sonic imitation. I love the art. And I wouldn't say this is a Sonic clone. You can make a great original game with this if you think of a good story and use different gameplay mechanics that isn't like Sonic.

5. U7Games

U7Games

Thanks all, this vid is old, i´m working on another project, a rpg Dream FAntasy quest on the youtube, i will take again this prototype and fix animations and more..

cheers.

6. Fishermen

Fishermen

as peakdap24 said. it doesn't look like a sonic clone.
    the only thing i can see related to sonic is the music.
    otherwise this is some pretty sweet work you have done there.

7. kablammyman

kablammyman

impressive. the only sonic thing about this was the flying battery zone act 2 music and the "turbo" zones to speed him up.

i would keep working on this if i were you. this has great potential.

8. U7Games

U7Games

Thanks men, yes, i was inspired in sonic unleashed, but i couldn´t make a good character animation to acchieve that, actually i´m working on Dream Fantasy Quest an rpg with the same character :) i have videos in my youtube channel.

9. MoonQuake

MoonQuake

This looks great! GJ Mig.

Maybe the camera work needs a bit of tweaking (follow cam could be a bit higher too), rough around the edges visuals and a bit too bright, but add a cool little story to it (something like "I lost my and I've got to catch it" or "My girlfriend likes clouds, so I've got to climb up platforms to get higher than buildings and collect clouds to bring her back home". Just brainstorming here :)

I love the Turbo zones, especially the speed effect when running and jumping while going fast.

I see you got pipes you can drop into, why not launch pipes that send you flying up in the air and you've got to land in water, or on a giant matress or something.

I would keep on working on this game as it is original and is different than the MANY RPGs being made with unity. It's also easier to develop.

Also, change the topic of yout post... this is NOT poor and except for the music, this is not a sonic clone.

Keep up the good work, Mig. :)

MQ

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  10. U7Games

U7Games

Thanks MQ!, that what you just mention about pipes is a great idea, i will give a try, i´m trying to do a very long speed path when you must to use quick answer buttons to avoid obstacles.. before the player jumps to another ramp, the time slows to 0.1 and you must to press a button on gui to continue running on air..

i was inspired on sonic but i guess all you were right saying this is not a sonic clone.. i will not continue this game but my current project "Dream Fantasy Quest" i will use some of this game features.. :)

11. virror

virror

Game looks very good! Great job : )

12. nofosu1

nofosu1

Dude! that was cool and I'm loving the music

13. U7Games

U7Games

Thanks men, really apreciate your words

14. alefnull

alefnull

hey man, this looks like tons of fun, honestly :p

also, i checked out a video of your other game on your youtube channel, and it looks really great :D
    why don't you start a thread for that one so we can keep informed on your progress?

keep up the good work!

15. eteeski

eteeski

This looks really awesome!

16. David5988

David5988

Did you use the Toon Shader?

17. henrique-rafael

henrique-rafael

very good game.
    an excellent game (or excellent clone), a little of both ^^.
    only one thing that needs to be seen "in your projector on youtube 1:43" (needs repair).

18. jujunosuke

jujunosuke

Dude you should keep working on this prototype.
    It looks really good !

Also, you need to give this kid more personality some super shoes or something that can justify this kid can run that fast.
    Anyway, this look really cool.

19. MoonQuake

MoonQuake

Yeah, unless your other game is really advanced and more fun, I would concentrate on this game here.
    Seriously.

MQ