Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

My player character disappeared!

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by master_rigel, Jun 5, 2019.

1. master_rigel

master_rigel

Not sure why but the visible collider for my player character just vanished. poof. gone.

I tried removing all references to it in the scene, and adding it back from assets. Notta.

I tried removing the standard assets, but the unity store re-imported the package on my machine, but I don't know where that is.

So yeah... Any ideas?

For now I've resorted to performing a full unity re-installation. *mumbles something about not having to re-install windows... at least not anymore anyway...*

As an aside. Windows 10 is the best version of windows I've ever used.

2. kdgalla

kdgalla

What do you mean by "the visible collider"? Do you mean in the editor? I think the Unity editor will only render an object's collider if that object is selected. If you select the object and the editor is still not rendering the collider, maybe you have it turned-off in the gizmos menu:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/GizmosMenu.html

3. master_rigel

master_rigel

It means, I selected the player in the hierarchy, and I can't see the collider in the editor. It's just... gone... All I see is a transform gizmo and nothing else.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

You probably collapsed the collider in the Inspector.

Maybe you should take a look at the basics about the editor: https://learn.unity.com/tutorial/using-the-unity-interface