Search Unity

Games My plattformer game WIP

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by The_wARmAcH1n3, Dec 28, 2023.

1. The_wARmAcH1n3

The_wARmAcH1n3

Grafic are placeholders. What do u think?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2023
  2. kdgalla

kdgalla

Very smooth!

The jumping looks kind-of floaty to me, though. I tend to double the normal gravity because it always looks more natural to me.

The_wARmAcH1n3 likes this.
  3. The_wARmAcH1n3

The_wARmAcH1n3

Thanks for your feedback. I will test this with more gravity.

4. MoonJellyGames

MoonJellyGames

I love your monster animations. The variety of abilities is pretty cool too.

On the gravity issue, I think the floaty look/feeling is a consequence of controlling your character with the built-in physics engine. Typically, platformers feel better when they use less realistic physics than what a physics engine provides. I found that using a raycast system feels much better, and gives you a much higher degree of control. It does present additional challenges though, such as dealing with slopes and moving platforms. It may be worth looking into though.

5. The_wARmAcH1n3

The_wARmAcH1n3

I didn't make the monster animations, it's a free asset in the Asset Store. If I finish my work, I will seek after someone who will make indiviudal grafics.

MoonJellyGames likes this.
  6. MoonJellyGames

MoonJellyGames

Ah, I misunderstood. I thought the environment graphics were the placeholders.

7. The_wARmAcH1n3

The_wARmAcH1n3

8. The_wARmAcH1n3

The_wARmAcH1n3

9. The_wARmAcH1n3

The_wARmAcH1n3

I have worked on the quality. The player-character is a placeholder. By the enemies it is not sure. The diagonal ground isn't final. The grafics are from Asset Store.

What do you think? Is the quality good?

10. MoonJellyGames

MoonJellyGames

I like 2D platformers, so I'd like to give some useful feedback, but it's hard to understand exactly what's happening. Some explanation of the things that you're collecting, how your skills work, and what the goal is.

The platforming still looks very floaty to me. As I said before, realistic physics (as in, using the physics engine) are typically not ideal for platformers.

11. The_wARmAcH1n3

The_wARmAcH1n3

My game is inspired with my second video game at the age of 12 years old: "Teddy Boy" on Sega Master System.

See information and video in this post:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/a-2d-platformer-map-to-be-repeating-and-having-no-borders.1501334/

I want to make something like this with improvements in gameplay and grafic.

In the map are portals which spawns enemies. If you kill an enemy the enemy is in a small version which you have to collect or in 10 seconds will get big again. If all enemies are collected the level is completed. There are 4-6 portals in the maps which spawns every one 5 enemies in the line.

12. The_wARmAcH1n3

The_wARmAcH1n3

I like the feeling and gravity of the player-character. It is not realistic but the game plays in the heaven of the 27th dimension, which is attacked from the 26th dimension. The gameflow is feeling good. I like the double-jump.

13. The_wARmAcH1n3

The_wARmAcH1n3

14. The_wARmAcH1n3

The_wARmAcH1n3

15. The_wARmAcH1n3

The_wARmAcH1n3

The alpha-version of the first boss is ready. The grafic of the boss I made by myself, using some grafics from the internet. The boss will have more hitpoints as in the video.

16. The_wARmAcH1n3

The_wARmAcH1n3

Level 11 with a new graphic set. 17 another levels to make.

Attached Files:

17. The_wARmAcH1n3

The_wARmAcH1n3